Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 02:13:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EverQuest Atlas 2.0  (Read 5995 times)
Scarboni

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2010, 03:12:05 am »

Hello there.
I decided to make a new version of EQ Atlas as it got taken down I also didn't like the looks of the old one. I know that there are mirror web sites with the old EQ atlas...

I'm in the process phase of this project and would like to know what the users of the web site would like to have on the web site and the user is YOU! So please visit the site and navigate around on it and send some comments or send a replay to this thread with suggestions or ideas.

EverQuest Atlas 2.0 LINK
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 03:24:03 am »

Is this supposed to be an EZ Server exclusive EQ Atlas? Because if it is not, then there is no point in using our input.

Scarboni

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 05:21:38 am »

It is suppose to be for anyone who need the maps and zone information in EverQuest. I think every eq server with zones could use this atlas. If you need an example I can say that the Caster Guild and the Fighters Guild quests is in other zones than the custome zones and that not everyone know the location of the named NPCs for the quest and therefore they could use the atlas as a tool to find them.

If people think it's to much hard work to help with a user friendly EverQuest Atlas they do not need to visit the link or send any feedback or comments. The idea is to give EQ players a tool to make it easier for them when they are playing.
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:24:52 am »

Google.com --> Search = "Hello friend, I already have this shit indexed"

That being pointed out its always nice to have another website "mirrror" of the content.
Seriously hope some of the fucking dejected ass mother fuckers take the time to browse over some maps.
Always loved it when someone would say "Ive played since 2000" and 20 seconds later "dude how do I get to XYZ in "VERY FUCKING POPULAR ZONE IN 2000"
Yea faggot I can tell you played in 2000 since you don't even remember the most basic of shit. diaf
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:54:25 am »

Maybe you should concentrate on the maps/zones that are not on the old EQ Atlas first.

I think they stopped posting at the PoP expansion.

Other than that.... I'd would love to see a special EZ Server section as well with our custom content mapped out in addition to the In-Game Maps already being worked on.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 06:03:47 pm »

It is suppose to be for anyone who need the maps and zone information in EverQuest. I think every eq server with zones could use this atlas.

No, no they cant. If you haven't noticed already, alot of EQ server do not have the same set up, content, zone connections, etc... meaning you would need one personalized for each server. There are some servers very heavily customized that could (for example) make what used to be a city zone (Freeport) into a level 50+ Undead filled Paladin Heaven. Or Kaladim into a lvl 30 ghost riddled (thats twice i used that word today, im aware).

So i repeat, no you cant use these maps for every EQ server

Scarboni

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 05:11:14 am »

Most of the people creating emu servers are not capable of rebuilding the zones interier or change they look of the whole zone, that said the zones still look the same but if someone decide to put a NPC on another place than the original EQ they are not able to follow the key locations written on the map but they can still navigate from the entrance to the exit in a zone etc.

This is suppose to be a tool for any EQ players and everyone has their own way of using it, if you dont find it useful you do not need to use it.

I asked for some feedback and comments from EQ players what they would like to have on the website. I know there is questions about making maps that is just for EZ and that could be made in the future as by the moment this website is under construction and im still thinking about the layout of the whole site and how the information is presented.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 188