Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 09:51:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Solo instance problem  (Read 6102 times)
Openwounds

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2015, 12:55:33 am »

I was under the assumption that a solo instance can hold 6 players.  When I create a solo instance and invite my other 5 chars it gives me a message that says there are too many players in my instance when I try to join with any char. 

If I invite 4 chars so there is one more invite slot left then I'm able to join with a total of 5 characters.  I have always just left one char in my group behind but this is getting annoying.  What am I doing wrong?

..Kroggia..
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:16:22 am »

Solo instances auto invite the players in your group upon making the instance, there is no invite command for them. If you log off and the group disbands, only the creator will be allowed back inside. Basically, don't use solo instances to farm something you need your group for.
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 05:54:29 am »

Have you tried to set the instance as "Open" instead of manually inviting the members of the party?  7 mins to server reboot...I'll test this myself and see.

Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:58:45 am »

Failed.  Too many players in this instance, I guess solo instances are set to a cap of 5 players or something.

RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 06:32:44 am »

Solo instances have a max of 6 toons
When instance created, all group is auto invited so they just join it, as Kruciel said.

If full group, only creator will be able to re-enter after reboot
So camp them in instance, but if they leave, they are locked out
Make guild or raid, issue gone

Red
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:20:03 am by RedDwarf » Logged

Openwounds

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 10:49:47 pm »

Thanks for the clarification.

..Kroggia..
Openwounds

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 10:58:18 pm »

Well just made a solo instance with my 6man grp and tried to join and it would not let me join unless i invited the players from my group to the instance.  Changed the instance from "closed" to "open" and could still only join with 5 players total. 

..Kroggia..
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 11:11:12 pm »

As they said, its best not to use solo instances. They can be great if you need an extra instance to try to find that casters/fighters guild item, or if you just want a cheap one for hunting lightstones but other than that you should stick with guild and raid.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Marzooth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 01:43:39 pm »

I have never had a problem with anything you guys are saying.  I run a 6 man team all the time and I almost make solo instances.  I make the instance, invite the rest of my group to the instance and (this is the annoying part) do an instance list on all my toons and click in.  Works just fine and any of my toons can enter, no matter if my group leader is on or not
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 05:46:54 pm »

Or....just make a guild or raid instance, and zero issues getting anyone in.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187