Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:26:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: T10 Beta Testing Attempt No. 2! (9-8-15)  (Read 26386 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:18:58 pm »

T10 Beta Testing Attempt No. 2 Completed!

PLEASE TEST IF YOU ARE HIGH ENOUGH! T10 spells CAN drop, cash is so-so high, consumables are there (tradeable consumables for L78), and the mobs are plenty angry.As things break/explode/blow-your-mind, please please please post in this thread so I can logically segregate the info/input for better organization. I will try to answer or address EVERY post relating to T10 in this thread. :-D

Huge thanks to all that contributed. I will be sifting through input and going from there!

Friday (All Day): T10 Beta opened.
Saturday (All Day): T10 Beta still open.
Sunday: T10 Beta ends in the evening.

I hope to see everyone there. This is more for stability, code testing, and respawn "feel" (too fast/slow/wtfspawndamnit).

-Hate
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:26:14 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 09:49:31 am »

This is live. Have fun! :-D

-Hate

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 11:25:17 am »

I'll kick things off! Just going to number things to make it easier to skim thru later.

1. First encounter was with the goops near the zone in. Rampage from these buttholes is able to 1 round melee toons with 3.9 mil HP (they can proc Wild Ramp on every hit, so if they land a full round of attacks on your Warrior, they have the potential to do some crazy RNG disgusting poop on your boxes damage.

2. I popped a trap near the goop area which aggro'd around 10 mobs. Only 2 aggro'd though, thankfully, because these mobs both had the Wild Rampage ability. After killing those 2, and having a few deaths, I recovered and went to check on the rest of the trap mobs. They were standing exactly where they spawned and had been showing on my aggro list the entire time. After attacking with my warrior, I got mez-break messages nonstop. It kept saying 'Kruciel has awakened soandso' I brought over my boxes and mercilessly punched them to death while they stood there motionless, perma mezzed.

3. After passing the goop area I thought I'd try the Tree with rangers around it to the north. I knew I was in for a lot of mobs aggroing so I threw drake up and ran over on the warrior. They dropped me from their tree in about 2 seconds (ranged hits don't proc drake as we all know). I kinda just sat there laughing, rezzed up, skipped past them and proceeded to murder the entire sarnak fort for about 40 minutes (no rampage there, yay!)

4. Chat box and UI bugs a lot in here. Chat box gets disabled when I try to type in it, getting in combat and punched in the head brings it back for some reason. The whole time I was in here this morning my warrior could not see his raid window to move groups or switch people around, which made me lose one of my zerkers for the remainder of the morning. He had the desync bug, so when he died none of my characters could see a corpse to rez and I couldn't move him into a group with a COH to get him back to me. Also, mage COH is disabled in the zone.

I'll come back and add more later after lunch. My first impression is still the same thing I told Hunter back when ToV had rampage: "If Ramp is going to exist in tiers to come, tanks stonewalls need to get reduced so mob damage can be brought in line to allow ramp. Tanks taking ~22% of the damage mobs dish out has made their base attack scale so high that no non-tanks can eat that damage reliably."

As for tank damage, it seems perfectly manageable aside from the Ranger pewpew. I'll give them another go later with some different strategies. I was NOT prepared for that many to aggro, and then have them stand there planted shooting at me.  The only close call I suffered on my tank was aggroing 3 Shadow Knights. That Harm Touch wrecks  Tongue hit 3% hp.

5. Just tried to go to the undead area, aggro'd about 15 mobs, 4 or 5 of them had Wild Ramp, instant wipe.  Grin

6. Ran back and tried to go east of the undead, trap aggro'd while swimming across the river and wiped before I could do anything.  Shocked
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:34:01 pm by Kruciel » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 12:38:41 pm »

I'll kick things off! Just going to number things to make it easier to skim thru later.

1. First encounter was with the goops near the zone in. Rampage from these buttholes is able to 1 round melee toons with 3.9 mil HP (they can proc Wild Ramp on every hit, so if they land a full round of attacks on your Warrior, they have the potential to do some crazy RNG disgusting poop on your boxes damage.

I know the issue here and will adjust them this evening. They have a special ability that needs to "cool back down".

2. I popped a trap near the goop area which aggro'd around 10 mobs. Only 2 aggro'd though, thankfully, because these mobs both had the Wild Rampage ability. After killing those 2, and having a few deaths, I recovered and went to check on the rest of the trap mobs. They were standing exactly where they spawned and had been showing on my aggro list the entire time. After attacking with my warrior, I got mez-break messages nonstop. It kept saying 'Kruciel has awakened soandso' I brought over my boxes and mercilessly punched them to death while they stood there motionless, perma mezzed.

Do you remember what type of mobs they were? Vampires, undead, bandits, etc?

3. After passing the goop area I thought I'd try the Tree with rangers around it to the north. I knew I was in for a lot of mobs aggroing so I threw drake up and ran over on the warrior. They dropped me from their tree in about 2 seconds (ranged hits don't proc drake as we all know). I kinda just sat there laughing, rezzed up, skipped past them and proceeded to murder the entire sarnak fort for about 40 minutes (no rampage there, yay!)

LoL snipers suck.

4. Chat box and UI bugs a lot in here. Chat box gets disabled when I try to type in it, getting in combat and punched in the head brings it back for some reason. The whole time I was in here this morning my warrior could not see his raid window to move groups or switch people around, which made me lose one of my zerkers for the remainder of the morning. He had the desync bug, so when he died none of my characters could see a corpse to rez and I couldn't move him into a group with a COH to get him back to me. Also, mage COH is disabled in the zone.

This I'll reach out to Akkadius on as I'm not sure what would be causing this. O_o

I'll come back and add more later after lunch. My first impression is still the same thing I told Hunter back when ToV had rampage: "If Ramp is going to exist in tiers to come, tanks stonewalls need to get reduced so mob damage can be brought in line to allow ramp. Tanks taking ~22% of the damage mobs dish out has made their base attack scale so high that no non-tanks can eat that damage reliably."

LOL I brought this up for years and the warrior kids cried that stonewall needs to be absurdly high. I'm glad to see that some one else is finally starting to realize that the math doesn't add up and it's to the point of all but tank get one-rounded. :-P

As for tank damage, it seems perfectly manageable aside from the Ranger pewpew. I'll give them another go later with some different strategies. I was NOT prepared for that many to aggro, and then have them stand there planted shooting at me.  The only close call I suffered on my tank was aggroing 3 Shadow Knights. That Harm Touch wrecks  Tongue hit 3% hp.

I believe I know the area you are referring to and I may lower that specific sniper's damage as they are often found in packs versus the lone pewpews.

5. Just tried to go to the undead area, aggro'd about 15 mobs, 4 or 5 of them had Wild Ramp, instant wipe.  Grin

I'll recheck the values tonight to make sure I didn't swap the number of hits, percentage of damage, and/or AC ignored (i.e. if I set 5 hits, 150% dmg, and 500 AC, but mixed up dmg and AC...500% damage FTL).

Good start! I'll reply more once I get back from errand number 3901285 today. :-)

-Hate

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 01:09:27 pm »

Do you remember what type of mobs they were? Vampires, undead, bandits, etc?

It appears both times this happened, there was a bard type mob in the trap pack, a tone deaf minstrel. Happened with a pack of bandits both times so far.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:21:57 pm by Kruciel » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 01:29:51 pm »

maybe adjust the damage modifier on wild rampage
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 01:46:41 pm »

Tried the Ranger area again, 10 rangers aggro just by walking near the ramp. I thought they were just choosing to shoot me because they could, I didn't know they were permarooted. There's no way I can get anywhere near them without aggroing a shitload of stuff. Some of them landed ranged attacks on me for 1.31 mil.

Every time I zone in, getting one or two characters desynced, having to relog them.  (Global bug, used to happen to me in Dranik 24/7 until I swapped to RoF2. Character zones in, invisible to all other clients. Upon opening his raid window, he sees all of the characters listed 2-3 times each.)

Tried splitting some of the gnolls from the 15+ pull to break into that camp, but Spirit of the Ninja clicky disabled in the zone apparently, so they all came and stomped me.

Orc Legionnares and Berserkers hit extremely hard, traps with those dudes are wiping me every time. Only way I can safely take a pull with them is to rotate Furious  clicky into drake 4 into vie 3 into furious disc.

So far, the only large camp I've been able to break into is the Sarnak Fort. Mobs there seem to hit for less than the rest, aside from the SK Harm Touches. Also, none of them rampage. The undead, gnoll, and orc areas all aggro so many that I can't stabilize the warrior, even with cooldowns rotating he just flops.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:51:01 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Rymo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 03:44:53 pm »

UF client.

4. Chat box and UI bugs a lot in here.
Map show on, chat box blackout. closed map, chat box text show again.

Every time I zone in, getting one or two characters desynced, having to relog them.  (Global bug, used to happen to me in Dranik 24/7 until I swapped to RoF2. Character zones in, invisible to all other clients. Upon opening his raid window, he sees all of the characters listed 2-3 times each.)
T9, yes. Zone in, 1-2mins after, 1-2chars super laggy. need to relog. seems to since last month.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 04:14:06 pm »

Spam left click map a few times, chat window comes back.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 06:41:18 pm »

Tried bellow pulling with bard to split the mobs....nope...LOVE the message about memories are not forgotten here....the message that flashes in the center of the screen something about you hear thunder or something...disappears too fast to read it...or maybe I am a slow reader.....second group of toons die EASY! don't know if orc packs can see you from a LONG way off or not but they raped Raygan...she was like a hooker dropped in the middle of a sex offender camp!  Shocked

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 06:46:31 pm »

LOL I brought this up for years and the warrior kids cried that stonewall needs to be absurdly high. I'm glad to see that some one else is finally starting to realize that the math doesn't add up and it's to the point of all but tank get one-rounded. :-P

I am TOTALLY up for this if it keeps my other toons from getting one rounded.  Grin

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 08:01:32 pm »

Hunter didn't want to have to change every stonewall and readjust the damage of every tier accordingly, so he removed Rampage from the entire server instead  Tongue I don't know if it was intended to be a bandaid fix to save the changes for a later time. I think without doing that though, the options for Rampage are something like: Use the second target Rampage on a few select mobs throughout the zone to add some pressure and strategy, and rely and spell AOE to cover the raid damage. But full on AOE rampage for over 2 mil that can land multiple times per swing is just a kick in the nuts lol.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 08:49:03 pm »

Tweaked the bandit ranger, lowered the percentage of damage the wild rampages can do, and have a plan to help address some of the lag in zone (but need tomorrow to implement last part).

-Hate

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 11:17:59 pm »

its the dsync that gets me the most..takes me 20 mins to get all my toons in the same zone on a wipe....

not sure how to split the massive piles of undead.

killed a few traps...got a bag of coins..

oozes are fun.. feed them as many pets as you can and watch the massive fun

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 12:36:18 am »

Been struggling to finish the last few ranks on my ear, I'll put some more time in tomorrow after I finish it. Will have to just try the cleric / sham / druid spamming into me like crazy. Pallies only with cleric / druid cooldown and spot heals was not enough for most of the pulls. I don't even have a button to tell the shaman to cast a heal on me atm, he's been a melee hero for so long now  Tongue

Definitely time to start UC3'ing the other healers!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:03:54 am by Kruciel » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 8678