Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:45:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 28782 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2015, 06:00:26 am »

Ok guys going to seek some tips here.  I tried to get the free download of Windows 10 a month or so ago...didn't work...the folks at Microsoft felt it was because I didn't have a Windows 10 compatible mouse...so earlier this week I had a new mouse come in that is compatible with windows 10 and so I tried to get the free upgrade...but still having the same issues no mouse pointer on screen and mouse does not work.  I went to HP's website and downloaded all the updated drivers (usb drivers) for my model computer and tried to reinstall windows 10 upgrade...still didn't get a mouse pointer etc....can anyone point me in a direction that may help?  Looking at Microsoft Windows forums isn't helping at all.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 11:24:39 am »

The update icon isnt appearing for you? Or you get an error message when you try to upgrade?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 11:31:20 am »

No, Chunka, it updates 100% but after the computer comes back up after the update I have no mouse pointer on the screen and so my mouse doesn't function at all.  I have to rollback to windows 7 to get the mouse to work (and it is a windows 10 compatible mouse)

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 03:05:50 pm »

If you give non-mouse commands (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-Delete) does your computer respond?

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 03:07:44 pm »

One thought is to install a total driver software package (e.g. Driverpack Solution) ... a legal and free torrent is available from their web site here. I use it to kickstart my clean formats when weird things don't work, like the network card... or whatever

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 06:35:40 pm »

If you give non-mouse commands (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-Delete) does your computer respond?

Yes.  That's how I do the rollback to windows 7...everything works except the mouse (which is usb) I don't know if it is a usb port issue or exactly why the mouse is not working on windows 10.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 02:09:51 pm »

USB mouse? I'm thinking it may be an issue with Win 10 and your mobo's driver/set for USB controller. I'd heard some people say they had that issue with some boards.

Some things to try: find the newest bios for your board. May help it see the ports using the newer Win 10 protocols. But you also may try changing the USB port your mouse is in. Typically the ports run 2.0 top and the bottom most 3.0, but check your board info to find out which....or just change ports and see what ya get.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 05:04:54 am »

I tried changing the ports when I was having issue....any tips on how I do the bios updates you were talking about or no what kind of mother board is in your system to look up an update?  not sure how hardf that is to do...never fool around with bios.... Undecided

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 06:25:46 am »

To me, it sounds like a driver conflict somewhere, MB USB sounds like it's working okay, if fine on Win7
Lots of people seem to have this issue, but no definitive answer

Can you move mouse / access with keys?
follow this below if not,to turn on mouse keys, then look in device manager, see if any conflicts or issues with usb ports etc
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000542.htm

As for bios, DO NOT flash it, unless you know exactly what MB you have, flashing with incorrect bios will brick the board
Some do have recovery options, but as i say, find out what board you have / make and exact model, before any update
I would only ever update as a last resort, even if their is an update, i leave, if all is working, (If it ain't broke, don't fix it)

If its a pre built system (Dell / HP etc), then their website should identify it
If self built, Manual will have that info

If i find anything, will post it

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 07:23:54 am »

Yep, most definitely dont try to flash bios unless you know your board and model. But such info should be on your board itself (manufacturer and model number). DO NOT trust that Dell or HP or such will have the right bios, verify yourself what board it is and get the bios from that company's website.

Will post more when I get home from work....running late Tongue

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 08:16:12 pm »

Let me know if any of these are the mother board info...not sure what I am looking at here.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 08:17:48 pm »

and one more....

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 08:34:28 pm »

Also just did some google about it and it said to use a cmd.exe (to get to old dos command prompt and I got this:

Manufacturer    Product    SerialNumber     Version
Foxconn           2ADA       MXU2250KYP      1.00

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 08:41:42 pm »

Went here http://www.foxconnsupport.com/download.aspx and tried to see about downloading the bios....but it asked for a few things I also don't know like....

Products: (that's motherboard)

Platform: AMD or Intel (don't know which)

Socket: guess this is your cpu?  But I have no idea what that would be

Chipset: once again I go duh!

Models: would this be the serial number?

any tips on that?

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 08:51:15 pm »

How accurate is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPKx8a96fwI

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to: