Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:33:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 28754 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2015, 07:38:48 am »

ok took the computer back apart this morning and found these numbers....
LGA1155 (this was near processor)
H-JOSHUA-H61-uATX 1.00
(would have taken pictures of these but son, and his phone, were at school)

I looked all over the board and couldn't find anything else...from the Foxconn website I should have been able to find....
H61A
H61AP
H61AP-S
H61MD
H61MD-V
H61M-S
H61MX
H61MX EL
H61MXE
H61MXE-K
H61MXE-S
H61MXE-V
H61MXL
H61MXL-K
H61MXP
H61MXV
H61S

and I looked ALL over and didn't see squat....guess I should call foxconn when they open maybe they can tell me where to look?

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 07:51:15 am »

dxdiag gave me this info as well:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/8/2015, 08:44:01
       Machine name: PAUL-HP
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150722-0600)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
       System Model: p7-1206
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/28/12 08:43:59 Ver: 7.11
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16340MB RAM
          Page File: 2541MB used, 30136MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2015, 07:59:25 am »

Would this be a good thing or full of spyware etc?

http://biosagentplus.com/affiliate/cpuid?ref=1218&PHPSESSID=fh68sdqrqrmhujc8794vuq2v06

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2015, 08:29:34 am »

http://download.cnet.com/BIOSAgentPlus/3000-2098_4-10175528.html - click on the 122 user reviews - Not good things

I think I can speak for everyone here that there was a collective cringe when you mentioned the overpriced "Geek Squad".

One alternative is this.

Take your best shot at updating your Motherboard. (i.e. pick a model number that's similar to what you think yours is, and give it a whirl)

60% chance it works IMO, relatively small chance that you brick it. HOWEVER, if you do brick it, spend $80 on a new motherboard. I bet the fleecers at the Geek Squad would charge you a good chunk of that much anyway... and this way you get a new MB Smiley just a thought.

Also - I'm guessing you didn't try my earlier suggestion of using a total driver installer? DriverPack Solution is a program I've used in the past - just uncheck all install options except drivers - decent chance that will fix the driver issue

Look up the reviews for DPS yourself, it's a decent bit of software - and it's completely free
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:48:31 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2015, 08:37:45 am »

Also BiosAgentPlus is "Free to try (Scan only); $29.95 to buy " - meaning you can't do a lick of good with it unless you pay $30

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2015, 09:53:59 am »

As was linked earlier, your mobo is the Joshua. I'd search for those bios.....MX or MXV from what I can tell

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 03:07:22 pm »

Also - I'm guessing you didn't try my earlier suggestion of using a total driver installer? DriverPack Solution is a program I've used in the past - just uncheck all install options except drivers - decent chance that will fix the driver issue

I did...didn't do anything....left a message with Tech Support at Foxconn and waiting for a reply.

Also on a side note...this thing installs all kinds of junk on your computer that is in Russian or some kind of gobble-de-gook with all kinds of spam...don't try it!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:10:58 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 03:22:35 pm »

This is my motherboard...can you use this pic to see what the model # is?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03135925

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 04:13:44 pm »

Nope, you've been HP'd. You have a proprietary board from HP (Foxconn made it JUST for HP and doesnt have a bios for it). HP hasnt released bios for that board, and if you DO contact them their reply will be, "You are trying to use components that didnt come from us for that PC, we dont support that, No, there isnt a bios update. Contact a local HP approved repair company or buy a new PC."

This is why you do not buy that garbage. Ever.

Some people have had luck in your position using the bios you can get on this page (it says for windows Cool. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p7-Desktop-PC-series/5295962/model/5297037/drivers#N463

Hope that helps! But meanwhile, never....EVER.....waste your money on prebuilt shit. Literally, with an hours reading you can build your own machine that performs better at a lower price. Anyone can. Takes about the intellect level of a bowl of room temperature Cream of Wheat.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:16:05 pm by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 04:21:34 pm »

you've been HP'd.

Ok, I laughed really hard at that  Cheesy
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 04:24:13 pm »

Could be worse.....I could have pointed, laughed and said, "Dude you got a Dell!"

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 04:35:26 pm »

Hope that helps! But meanwhile, never....EVER.....waste your money on prebuilt shit. Literally, with an hours reading you can build your own machine that performs better at a lower price. Anyone can. Takes about the intellect level of a bowl of room temperature Cream of Wheat.

10000% agree. If you've never built your own machine, it may seem overwhelming, but it's really not. Things you will need:

Case
Power Supply (PSU for short) Some cases come with, some don't. Some cases come with a shitty one (500W or lower) resulting in you having to buy one to replace it anyways, usually shitty companies will do this
Motherboard (mobo)
RAM
Graphics Card (GPU)
Processor (CPU)
Hard Drives

You just have to check the details on the mobo to see if it comes with a NIC port (the thing you plug your ethernet cord into) if it doesn't come with one in this day and age, honestly don't buy it. If you're a true gamer, you don't care about wireless NICs, but if you want one for work or just internet browsing go for it.

The RAM has to match with the type specified by the mobo, as well as the Graphics card and CPU.

And to be perfectly safe, just find the tech savvy person in your family or friends, and have them look over your shoulder while you design a rig, and help you with your first project of assembling it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:37:11 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 05:46:01 pm »

So I am stuck with Windows 7 it seems...on the Brightside I have a new graphics card and a new power supply and 2 sticks of corsair ram...now just need to buy a new OS and mother board and an SSD harddrive and I am set........lol
 Roll Eyes

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2015, 06:13:00 pm »

New OS is free with Win 7.....mobo will cost you 80 bucks TOPS (if you use your current processor) and you can get a 120G SSD for 50 bucks.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2015, 06:17:20 pm »

Some cases come with a shitty one (500W or lower) resulting in you having to buy one to replace it anyways, usually shitty companies will do this

I'd double check the Wattage on the PSU that came with your HP. I would not put it past HP to put a piece of crap in their prebuilt machines. It may not be able to handle a top of the line graphics card if it's on the low end.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)