Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 12:22:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: EZServer HowTo: YouTube Channel Launch  (Read 39934 times)
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2015, 09:46:08 pm »

EZServer How To
A YouTube series dedicated to education and entertainment
Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVUtYa2ZQXITPtCXUr4B1g

Current Videos

Installing and Setup

Getting Started

Casters Guild

Fighters Guild

Epic 1.5 Quest

Epic 2.0 Quest

Epic 2.5 Quest

Epic 3.0 Quest

Crafters Guild

MQ2 Install and Setup

MQ2 Basics

The idea of developing a series of informative videos started about two years ago.  The frequency of questions over /ooc by newer players was steady at that point in time.  We have a great set of Wiki's at our disposal, but they are comprehensive, and often the complaint was that they didn't want to read a manual for hours to get involved in a game.  Plus, reading is for nerds.

I kicked around the idea for awhile, having developed other video series for other games and guilds, but I was too busy grinding out T2 to be bothered.  Early this year, I decided it was time to give back to the community.  I really like this place and I would like more people to check out EZ and not get scared off by the learning curve.  People seem to really like digital media, and from my own personal experience, I would rather watch a tutorial video than read a PDF or instruction manual.

So far I've developed 5 Videos, with plans to make 3 in the near future, and a dozen or so more as I make my own progression.

Here is my current list of upcoming videos
MQ2 Advanced
Charms
Epic Quest 3.5
Epic Quest 4.0
Epic Quest 4.5
Epic Quest 5.0

It's a great feeling to finally launch this channel and get some feedback, especially constructive criticism.  I've been using my free time to develop these 5 videos for about 4 months now.  It's nice to see them done and released.  If you have any suggestions for future videos, post below so I can develop a plan around it.

I want to be clear that this is for the community and at the disposal of the Admins.   I made this with quality in mind, so if you think something sucks, say it here so I can correct it.  If I made an error, let it be known so I can adjust it.  I have retained all of the raw video and assets so I can make corrections, except for the Epic 2.0 video.  I accidentally saved over the After Effects and Vegas files.  I had been drinking.

I've also been involved in updating maps for Darpey's Wiki.  Most of the maps were originals from live, some hand drawn in colored pencil, most were small in size and weren't really EZ maps.  As I update these maps, if I missed something or you would like to suggest a change, let me know.

Maps Done/To Be Done

Plane of Time
LDON Floor 1, Floor 2, Floor 3, Floor 4, Floor 5, Floor 6
Qvic
Sand Monster Pathing
Cazic Thule
Plane of Dragons
Halls of Honor
Plane of Air
T3 & T4 Tokens/Boss Spawns
Abyss
Abyss NPC Boss Trigger NPCs
Abyss Coral Spawns
Anguish
Lopping Plains
Temple of Veeshan
Old Commons
Sunderock Springs
Blackburrow
Tower of Frozen Shadow Floor 1, Floor 2, Floor 3, Floor 4, Floor 5, Floor 6a, Floor 6b, Floor 7
Catacombs of Dranik Floor 1, Floor 2, Floor 3
Bloodmoon Temple
Proving Grounds
Halloween Event
Crafters Guild Plane of Knowledge
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:51:31 pm by Noot » Logged

dopeystuffz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 01:09:28 am »

Srsly that was hilarious... Very informative too for a nice brief overlook of the start of the game Smiley

^^ props
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 01:38:35 am »

this is, like, really really cool.

nice work everyone should watch this it's entertaining  Smiley

RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 02:19:19 am »

Wow, nice job
Hope to see more of these, you are a very talented guy
Cool / funny & informative intro for new and old players  Grin
Thumbs up

Red
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:22:11 am by RedDwarf » Logged

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 02:50:26 am »

It looks nice, catch me sometime so we can work on your T5.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Momentum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 08:31:49 am »

That was great. Keep up the good work.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 10:50:01 am »

Lol amazing.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 11:04:10 am »

Perfect Smiley you are very skilled. Keep those coming!

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 12:54:21 pm »

thats pretty awesome..

I am grinding out t5 for a stupid shammy I made you are welcome to any killz you need

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 01:53:04 pm »

Damn, I love this!!

Originally I accepted Akk's offer to make the wiki because I knew that I would get busy at work and play less and have zero time to update the ezguide. I'd hoped that people would jump in and run with it...and they have!! This video guide kicks ass! If I can do anything to help, yell!

Thank you! And a big thank you to Darpey and the guys doing the other wiki!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 06:34:38 pm »

Thank you all for the kind words.  New videos are up now!

I was able to get the videos to 720p quality.  I uploaded all of them except for the Epic 2.0 video.  That video I can't do much with due to losing my files.  I'm currently trying to optimize its settings so it is more compatible with YouTube, but it will be a 480p video.  If it wasn't 14 minutes long and the most animated video, I would just remake it.  Lessons were learned.

I'll be starting the "Installing and Setup" video on Monday.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 08:03:33 pm »

One correction: 1.5 epic is JUST Terrorantula, no more Quillmane.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 08:38:37 pm »

Lol everytime I hear you say "FROM THE ZONE IN" on the Caster's Guild guide it makes me think of this: https://youtu.be/SQCH8v0ieUY?t=4m39s

Ohhhhh 90's shows  Grin
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 11:08:55 am »

Just watched the first 10 seconds and stopped to write this... Hilarious... Smiley

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 11:25:47 am »

Absolutely brilliant series - wonderful  Grin

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent