Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:41:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RoF client hanging after selecting server  (Read 4085 times)
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2015, 01:38:35 pm »

Steam install, using patchme shortcut, eqhosts file edited.  Spell Files and Server Files added.  I ran Options and set to default (also attempted a few different resolutions with no change).  Running in Admin.

After selecting server it will hang and not show any characters. 

Any ideas?
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 01:52:33 pm »

You cannot get the client from Steam any longer. What you downloaded is not RoF, it is the new EQ client, which is unsupported and will not connect to the EQEMU servers.

Don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing back in July. I ended up finding it on a torrent from one of the other EMU's sites. There were very few seeders tho... Best bet is to try the links in the EZ guide. I've never gotten those links to download at a speed faster than dial-up, which is why I looked for a torrent option. Some say they've had great success in using it though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:31:25 pm by Kruciel » Logged
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 03:00:23 pm »

Used the 10 files from our forums.  Worked, thank you Kruciel.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:09:31 am »

Heard there was still an issue recently with the 10 part client....some people couldnt download. Is there a commonality? Certain ISP's? Not logged in to a google account? So far no issues atr all for me or the 2 people I've had try.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)