Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:27:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: weapons choice for Mages  (Read 7587 times)
huffdady

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2015, 01:43:03 pm »

Question for you guys/gals.

Last night I picked up the Stasis Staff (http://www.ezserverwiki.com/Stasis_Staff) from T8.  Previousily I had been using the staff from Tesserina in ToFS (http://www.ezserverwiki.com/Tserrina%27s_Staff). 

So my questions are:
What does the proc on TS's staff do?   I've heard it is a lifetap proc.
Does it help the pet in any way form or fashion?  I've heard it gives this proc to the pet.  (I dunno if it's true or not)

Should I use it or the stasis and Sorc Bowl (http://www.ezserverwiki.com/Sorcerous_Bowl) from ToFS?  Or use the TS Stafff? 

I will be using the mage to nuke, I figured the extra damage from the 25% Specialization Evocation would be better than a melee proc. 

Thanks,
NewtotheMageGame
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 04:42:33 pm »

Hate would have to answer that one. I remember him saying the T staff did some kind of lifetap proc with the UnknownEffect on spell cast. I've heard other people say it's some kind of Twin Cast proc. There's a rare Abyss weapon that shares the same proc, and the wiki states it's a Twin Cast thing, but it could just be wrong.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 05:08:54 pm »

It IS a lifetap "proc", but its proc on cast (by caster). Were it me I'd keep on with the Tstaff; hps are the same as stasis and bowl, mana is close enough, and mana regen difference isnt that much....but the lifetap proc from the Tstaff is worth it, especially since any mage worth logging in is NUKING!! CONSTANTLY!! It makes up at least half your dps before UW and summons bag.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 05:16:33 pm »

on spell cast

Your eyes are goin bad old man!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 08:01:12 pm »

Yep! They are. Gettin old sucks, but its better than the alternative I guess.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 169