Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:43:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Server being retarded  (Read 18699 times)
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 08:38:55 pm »

Just logged on to 3k ms, can't see anyone when I check guild management page, i'm at like 88% health in nexus with no buffs.  Something is fucked.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 09:21:17 pm »

Server acting wonky, zoning 18 toons into stonehive. 3 or 4 take around 5 minutes to zone and another 3 minutes to synch up with rest of toons. has 1200 ms

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 08:24:07 am »

I logged in last night, it took me about 10 to 12 min's to get all my toons in.  Normally this is a 2 - 3 min process.

Then once I was in, I would have really crazy spikes where my toons would run through me and off into the distance and rubber band back to me.  There would be times I would have to hit my /assist key 4 or 5 times before any of my toons would think about attacking any mob. 

I ended up logging out shortly after I logged in, I just couldn't deal with the Lag.  I think I will take a week or two off and go play ESO or GW2.  Hopefully this lag is cleared up before Halloween. 
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 10:09:39 am »

The network lag is unrelated as that's localized. We're seeing CPU spikes. Things/actions/activities in the server causing it, not the connection between your machine and the server. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 11:11:03 am »

One of the more recent changes I noticed was the Extended Target Window list is updating RAPIDLY nonstop at the speed of light. This just popped into my head this morning, while trying to think of any recent changes. I really really hope this is the case and it is the cause of the server spikes, BECAUSE I HATE THIS FEATURE WITH A PASSION.

In the recent past, I would always target the biggest and baddest mob in t9 to AOE off of. I would then glance at my Extended Target window, rest my cursor over the 2nd highest HP mob I could see at the time. As my target dies, simply click, new target is up, and I go to town on that.

NOWWWW, as soon as my target dies, the entire list shuffles around, reorganizes, and it is literally impossible to click anything at all if you're AOEing because the list updates and reorganizes itself 50 times in a second.

If this ^ is firing off updates to every character on EZ hundreds of times per second, I could definitely see potential of making the server poop itself (i.e. you have 18 characters in t9 with aggro on 50+ mobs, every 0.01 seconds the server is asking you "HEY HOW MANY MOBS YOU GOT HEY HEY HEY HOW MANY, DID ANY OF THEM DIE? HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HOW MANY MOBS YOU GOT ON YOU ?"

/rant over on the new extended target window crap  Tongue
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 12:12:41 pm »

If this ^ is firing off updates to every character on EZ hundreds of times per second, I could definitely see potential of making the server poop itself (i.e. you have 18 characters in t9 with aggro on 50+ mobs, every 0.01 seconds the server is asking you "HEY HOW MANY MOBS YOU GOT HEY HEY HEY HOW MANY, DID ANY OF THEM DIE? HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HOW MANY MOBS YOU GOT ON YOU ?"

/rant over on the new extended target window crap  Tongue

I agree, maybe I will try closing the extended target window on all the alts and see how that works out.

/xtarget gave a list of commands to use I found do /bca //xtarget show off then /bca //xtarget auto off <--- stops your xtarget from even showing mobs and updating every .01 secs has helped a tiny bit today. But, I do play when most people are not on so that tends to help my issues.

I do like the extended target window but that is just how I feel
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:55:20 pm by littlelongbeard » Logged

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2015, 12:15:14 pm »

The network lag is unrelated as that's localized. We're seeing CPU spikes. Things/actions/activities in the server causing it, not the connection between your machine and the server. :-)
-Hate

Uhhh.. has anyone fed the hamsters lately?! I feed mine and my computers are running smooth. Feed da hamsters people.. feed da hamsters!
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 02:56:03 pm »

One of the more recent changes I noticed was the Extended Target Window list is updating RAPIDLY nonstop at the speed of light. This just popped into my head this morning, while trying to think of any recent changes. I really really hope this is the case and it is the cause of the server spikes, BECAUSE I HATE THIS FEATURE WITH A PASSION.

In the recent past, I would always target the biggest and baddest mob in t9 to AOE off of. I would then glance at my Extended Target window, rest my cursor over the 2nd highest HP mob I could see at the time. As my target dies, simply click, new target is up, and I go to town on that.

NOWWWW, as soon as my target dies, the entire list shuffles around, reorganizes, and it is literally impossible to click anything at all if you're AOEing because the list updates and reorganizes itself 50 times in a second.

/rant over on the new extended target window crap  Tongue

Just aggregating information. I'll try to zone pull with xtargets up and see if it causes massive lag bombs.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commit/4ae02e5efe04aa665d833f041b6baaf7a9a72c7f (Xtargets autoshift)
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commit/0d3bd5988b03ccf263aa99d70a5b34848f79f43c (existence check for xtargets)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 04:02:36 pm »

It might not do anything noticeable with just 1 client in zone. I think the only way to test it fully would be reverting the xtarget changes and seeing how the server handles during prime-time.

I was going to ask if any other EMU servers have seen spikes like this as of late, but Drajor said "the AOE and havoc created by every box squad is the equivalent of an entire raid on other servers" so meh... We'll just continue being the PTR of EQ EMU boundaries I suppose lol.
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2015, 09:20:45 pm »

Well, that just sucks.....

Logged all my toons in, the load time was only slightly longer than normal.  I thought I was ok. 
MGB'ed everyone, pulled a handful of mobs in T9 and got killed so hard it disconnected me.  It was one of the smaller pulls I have done in there but still killed everyone and DC'ed my tank.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)