Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:48:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Drake is Fixed, EXP / SoA are...not so fixed.  (Read 40103 times)
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 01:37:49 pm »

Yeah, could also make it like the earring where you have to find a incredibly rare item that only drops in T10 that would slow it down

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 01:41:47 pm »

True, but that is why the Earring is not a fix for dumping AA's which was the purpose of RoA. Some of us have boxes with a tonnnnn of AA's at the moment and nothing to do. Even if I fealt like buying them all GSoA's they would be attaining AA's too fast to spend it all (not to mention the Earring is a complete waste on non ult-weapon characters) , unless I just turned on a bunch of Bilbo Mcbotsalot characters and sat them in qvic all day. The bottleneck on the Earring is good for keeping the item rare, but it is in no way an AA-dump for your team.
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 01:44:18 pm »

Another thought that would be pure evil is the new item at the first level just takes away all of the saved AAs making it so everyone kind of starts out the same.... not sure how it would work. But, that would probably piss a lot of people off. Then again a lot of people probably have 100s of AA crystals saved in the bank.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:47:58 pm by littlelongbeard » Logged

Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 02:28:41 pm »

If banked AA's are the issue, wouldn't having an AA vender to sell items help with that?  i.e. GSoA, SoI, SLS, spells. list could go on.

As far as RoA 1k in week ... not sure that the majority have the hours per day to achieve that even with a v3. And if they do, so be it ... they have no life then Smiley
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 02:34:08 pm by Fuzzypoodle » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 02:33:20 pm »

I'd buy GSoA for 250k AA's if I could, hehe
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 02:36:15 pm »

Yeah, Right? I would go for 500k Smiley
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 02:41:49 pm »

I have an XP mask of 305% currently...

I dont think you can do a ROA 1k in a week... hell mine is only 650...

True I dont just sit in t5 and farm aa's but I have 20 some toons with a UC2 so it is not like I haven't spent some time in the zone....

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2015, 02:43:47 pm »

Also he said RoA 100, not 1k. I think he was referring to the new players on the server basically being handed RoA 100 instantly, when it used to be an "omg" item to attain before it was changed to being AA-based. But yeah, with all the AA bumps to early-access zones combined with MGB xp buffs from Nexus, new teams are being carried heavily by having huge RoA ranks before even getting to Ult Charm territory.
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 02:46:00 pm »

LOL my bad ... thought he said 1k ... Move on Smiley
munga

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 04:12:19 pm »

So make the mask not cast in nexus or something.
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 04:22:40 pm »

I thought the same thing. Then I thought well then they will just do it in stone hive or somewhere else. Maybe make the mask a group cast only like it is and remove the ability of having it be MGBed

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 04:30:31 pm »

whoa...whoa.... lets not take the mgb out of it. Most of the fun in the mask is being able to help others every hr with buffs.

As Kruciel and co. pointed out, its pretty pointless beyond 350% to the person making the mask. I'd have zero qualms with a cap put in.

But let Rymo keep his, that mask is a thing of glory lol. He's earned the right to troll no-good questing n00bs.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 04:32:13 pm »

Even if I did this and restricted to group only, still stands that the amount of AAXP possible is downright ludicrous.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 04:33:01 pm »

remove the ability of having it be MGBed

This

Or have any MGB be automatically capped at 100%. Helpful, but not game breaking.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 05:04:40 pm »

remove the ability of having it be MGBed

This

That fixes absolutely nothing, other than pissing people off that play 2 or more groups. The issue at hand is: Hate wants to add another RoA type item to the server to let players spend AA's and level something. But with so many masks above 350, people would be able to max the whole item out in a matter of weeks, without even doing some "hard t6 grinding". After I finished my warrior's ear, I played around with it for a while and killed a ton of stuff. But after that, I got burnt out and have barely done any "hardcore farming", haven't stepped foot in Anguish, and my boxes have earned over 1 mil AA's each. Mainly this came from doing Dranik / Bloodmoon (amazing xp) and a little bit of ToV (which is awful XP even with 800% mask) and T9 (which is so-so xp)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 111
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)