Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:45:55 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Patch for 30k+ HPs  (Read 6027 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:13:33 am »

Updated source today:

==06/15/2010==
Secrets: Characters with HPs higher than 30k will no longer be set back to 30k current health when zoning.

Thanks Secrets!

Hunter

EDIT/UPDATE

Some how the new source code, and the new sql's dropped into the database, has made every npc drop an item. This was not intended. I'm going back to our previous source code until that is fixed. I'll do my best to preserve everyones character / items and only undo the tables that were changed from the sql files.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:21:21 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 02:44:49 am »

Some how when I updated source code and database from May 25th to current June 15th, all the NPCs in all zones got affected to have 100% drop rate. Using Georges NPC LOOT EDITOR I verified the drop % are correct, but some how server is treating them all as if they were 100%.

USED THESE SQL UPDATES
----------------------
1510_global_instances.sql
1511_map_path_loading.sql
1513_zone_points.sql
1519_zone_primary_key_id.sql
1542_items_table_cleanup.sql

AFFECTED TABLES
---------------
items
zone
zone_points
doors
instance_lockout

EQEMu Changelog (Started on Sept 24, 2003 15:50)
-------------------------------------------------------
==06/15/2010==
Secrets: Characters with HPs higher than 30k will no longer be set back to 30k current health when zoning.
gaeorn: fixed integer transformation for RNG as it previously would only return the high value of the low to high range if the RNG returned exactly 0xffffffff
Trevius: The following item fields now load from the database: EliteMaterial LDoNSellBackRate ScriptFileID ExpendableArrow QuestItemFlag.
Trevius: Identified some unknown fields in the database from 13th floor findings, and removed multiple unused fields.
Trevius: The summonedflag field is copied from UNK109 field.

REQUIRED SQL:
utils/sql/svn/1542_items_table_cleanup.sql

==06/10/2010==
gaeorn: modified method of transforming RNG output into a range of integers. this should improve the equalization of the distribution of the returned random numbers

==06/09/2010==
Trevius: Added new Perl Mob quest object SpellEffect(effect, [duration, finish_delay, zone_wide, unk20, unk26]) for sending a spell paticle effects without casting a spell.
gaeorn: replaced random number generator with the first one on this page: http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~harase/megenerators.html

==06/08/2010==
Trevius: Added new quest::resettaskactivity(task, activity) command for resetting a task activity done count to 0.

==06/07/2010==
gaeorn: compile fixes for linux
KLS: Added EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_TRANSLOCATE_COMPLETE, EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_BUFF_TIC_CLIENT, EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_BUFF_TIC_NPC in the similar style of the other spell effect events.

==06/06/2010==
KLS: Added spell quests. Spell quests reside in {EQEMU_DIR}/quests/spells/ and are in the format of {spell_id}.pl.  (ex: C:/eqemu/quests/spells/15.pl for greater heal)
KLS: Spell quests allow the overriding of specific spell effect. If a spell quest and sub exists then a spell's effect aside from buff duration and knockback is not used and instead the script is executed.
KLS: Two acceptable subs for spell quests: EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_CLIENT and EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_NPC and has a special export of $caster_id.

==06/04/2010=
Trevius: Fixed a potential crash with pick pocket.

==06/02/2010=
KLS: Revert titanium hp boost.
KLS: Random 10 grid type(1) will actually return the 10 closest in 3d space not the 10 closest on the grid list.
KLS: Added new grid type(5): Random 5 with LOS.
Trevius: Added new command #tempname <newname>, to allow temporarily renaming NPCs and Clients.  Name resets on repop or zoning.

RECOMMENDED SQL:
utils/sql/svn/1519_zone_primary_key_id.sql

==06/01/2010=
Trevius: Added new Perl Mob quest object TempName(name) to allow changing a name temporarily.  Setting no name will return the name to the original name.

==05/31/2010=
Derision: Increased the name field in the internal Ground_Spawn struct from 16 to 20 characters to cater for ground_spawns that are longer than 15 characters.

==05/27/2010==
Trevius: Unreverted the revert from R1502 and added a fix for the tradeskill container combine issue.
Trevius: Fixed a crash when using NukeItem on the Power Source slot for a Titanium client.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 03:46:09 pm »

Some how when I updated source code and database from May 25th to current June 15th, all the NPCs in all zones got affected to have 100% drop rate. Using Georges NPC LOOT EDITOR I verified the drop % are correct, but some how server is treating them all as if they were 100%.

Meaning mobs for FG/CG have a 100% greater chance of droping items... or they will drop the items 100% of the time?

EQEMu Changelog (Started on Sept 24, 2003 15:50)
-------------------------------------------------------
==06/15/2010==
gaeorn: fixed integer transformation for RNG as it previously would only return the high value of the low to high range if the RNG returned exactly 0xffffffff
Trevius: The following item fields now load from the database: EliteMaterial LDoNSellBackRate ScriptFileID ExpendableArrow QuestItemFlag.
Trevius: Identified some unknown fields in the database from 13th floor findings, and removed multiple unused fields.
Trevius: The summonedflag field is copied from UNK109 field.

Woohoo, no more...

"Loading... Please Wait"
"You have entered The Nexus"
"Reed goes into a berserker's frenzy!"
"Reed is no longer in a berserker's frenzy"

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 06:32:08 pm »

It appears that RNG that made all mobs drop loot 100% of the time was fixed. Just need time now to do source code update again with the 30k hp being a big motivation to get the update soon.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 07:00:57 pm »

after /ran 100 resulting in -44, we *hopefully* all the issues are worked out of the new patch, and it should be safe for hunter to update. The cool thing about this is the random number generator should be more dynamic.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 10:53:29 pm »

after /ran 100 resulting in -44, we *hopefully* all the issues are worked out of the new patch, and it should be safe for hunter to update. The cool thing about this is the random number generator should be more dynamic.

More dynamic means that Warriors won't have a sad face when only leather is dropping?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Consumer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 02:49:10 am »

Lol, noone in OOC believed me last night when I was claiming that EVERY NPC I killed in PoTimea was dropping a piece of armor.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 02:54:11 am »

I ran to a few custom zones doing #npcstats and saw every npc had an item, which was bad, so I quickly reverted back.

Since another update in the source code, its now working properly as intended. You can now zone with over 30k hp and stay full/current hp from what you were before zoning, without your HP dropping down to 30k. NPCs also appear to be dropping at the correct % again as well with this update.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054