Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 02:34:52 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Solo Box Guild  (Read 13071 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 02:56:58 am »

I'd like to promote a good idea that has started recently.

Costa has created a guild called "One Box Army" which is a guild for people that single box / solo in Everquest. I'm sure this will benefit all the single boxers out there to get into the end game content.

Good luck!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Costa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 05:37:08 am »

<One Box Army> was created with the intent of giving solo players some grouping options and assistance with level 60+ content.

Due to my computer's limitations and the scaling of difficulty once a character reaches level 60, I was at a standstill. I couldn't progress and I couldn't push myself through content with another character. I figured that I couldn't be the only one who was in that situation and the idea of OBA began to come together.

I imagined people banding together to accomplish together what they couldn't do alone. One box at a time.

(Since Hunter's post, I've not only been approached by people who are in the position I've already posted above, but also by some able to run multiple clients, but who would rather play the game with others.)

All are welcome.

Send a tell to Costa for an invite.

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:02:47 am »

Sounds great to me...

As long as there are no 'requirements' to join.  I am a casual player and do not have any set times that i can come on.  That has been my only problem so far.  I can never meet those requirements due to my playtime.  So if that is okay and there are no other restrictions, I am all for it.

Rob Smiley
bufferofnewbies

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:22:51 am »

Sounds awesome. I can do up to 3 boxes, but i realy prefer to single as i pretty much suck anyway and putting more than 1 toon out there means just more vacuum sounds..

Will see if i can find you ingame, but may i suggest a few officers in different times of play, as my playtimes are varied.

Alhbie Eurhuckelberry <Brans Flakes> -- Erudite Paladin
Branlenio <Brans Flakes>-- Gnome Mage
Sebastionleo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 12:16:57 pm »

I would like to join, I have three different 70s I could use, tho I would prefer to play my rogue, if a warrior or cleric is needed I could use either of them. I sent Costa a tell but no response yet.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 04:25:41 pm »

Good deal man. I would much prefer to play a single toon. But im bored easily, have to be doing alot or im not into it as much as i'd like.

End game, with lots of people... loot will be tight, however, much better with reactions to things Hunter throws at us. 1 person boxing 6 chars doesnt do as well as 1 person playing 1 char.

Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 02:23:24 am »

I saw this idea in OOC last night and was so happy that someone had a great idea I attempted to help as much as possible, Costa if any help is needed along the way I am here.  Grats and good luck.
Unicornz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 03:28:23 pm »

Nice idea.
I can box a bunch, I just hate it because I'd rather relax than be all frantic flipping between
boxes and I don't do MQ... so yeah.
I'll send you a tell.  nice  Grin
johnnyseattle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 11:02:24 pm »

Yeah, I'm starting to get the full hang of 2-boxing different classes, but this still sounds like a really cool idea.  I'll shoot someone a tell tonight or tomorrow about it.

An endless procession of alts!

Slapius, Fixius, Abigaile, Boddington, Isabellie, Molestache, Stankbucket....
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 05:17:48 am »

I loved it going into LDoN 6 the other day. Made it to Balrog to loot a page on yet another alt. I go through the routine, asking the player there if there are pages rotting and would it be possible to loot one, etc. They say sure, and move out a bit. That's when I notice the 3 chars on /follow. Main char is in one box army, the 3 alts on stick are one box army. I laughed at myself seeing it. And nope, I doubt it was more than one person. Just funny was all. 4 drakkins. *snicker*
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 08:39:17 am »

I loved it going into LDoN 6 the other day. Made it to Balrog to loot a page on yet another alt. I go through the routine, asking the player there if there are pages rotting and would it be possible to loot one, etc. They say sure, and move out a bit. That's when I notice the 3 chars on /follow. Main char is in one box army, the 3 alts on stick are one box army. I laughed at myself seeing it. And nope, I doubt it was more than one person. Just funny was all. 4 drakkins. *snicker*

i've seen it too,
afaik OBA is for people who single box and/or box and want to help the single box community. thats how it was explained to me by someone in the guild

Costa

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 07:06:28 pm »

One Box Army was originally intended for solo players.

Once word got out that there was a new guild, I started getting asked if boxers were allowed to join. I shrugged and said sure. Since then, some of the original solo players have experimented with boxing and some of the boxers have pared down to a single character for groups and raids.

Today, OBA stands at 90 members including alts and boxes. After countless 1.5s and a handful of 2.0s, we've successfully raided Qvic for multiple 3.0 epics.

We have very little in the way of requirements. They pretty much boil down to:

1. Don't be an ass.
2. Enjoy the game in the spirit it was intended.

While the concept of OBA was a good idea, its turned into a great guild.

And yes, we're still accepting applications.

Costa
Guildleader of <One Box Army>
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 12:54:09 pm »

I saw youre first bit of ooc drama last night which makes yall part of the community now!  Seriously though I wish you all well and hope you have as much fun as I do playing here.

Poop
Mnemloch

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 02:47:00 pm »

ooc drama and I wasnt there? =/

Anyway on a serious note if you cannot seem to catch Costa you can hit me up and I can do the invite as well. Cheers!

Mnemloch <Officer of OBA> and one hell of a guy~!
Costa

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 02:52:34 pm »

I missed the drama too   Angry

I hope someone got screens.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats