Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:23:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Epic 4.0 Updates  (Read 25000 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2010, 01:51:54 am »

Ok, people are starting to get their Epic 4.0's for the first time now. The boss has 175k hp regen per tick, and has already been beaten with 13 boxes. Tactics are required to survive the NPC doing damage shields and shout kills. And obviously DPS is needed. You'll need to break the 175k hp regen to win. T3/T4 spells help with DPS, and as you start getting your 4.0 weapons, your DPS will get even higher to help your guild get their Epics as well. Epic Boss 4.0 requires a purple stone, so don't turn one in unless you have the man power. No refunds on wasted stones.

I had a typo for the Warrior 4.0 turn in, but will be fixed soon. All other classes work, from any Epic Vendor (Surefall, Nexus, CG, FG).

About 2 years ago I played with some custom weapons with over 200 damage, and it some how was broken. The damage wasn't correct. I don't know if this was fixed yet. I need to experiment with the weapons a bit. Only the Warrior 4.0 will have Aug slots for now for their Anger Augs. I'm not sure if a dmg+ aug will bug the weapons and is why I removed the slots.

I'm considering creating another 4.0 Aug for 4.0 Weapons that would have higher dmg/aggro than the current Anger IV and V's. I'm not sure what slot "type" are used for Augs, how high they currently go, whats available, etc. I know most people have type 4 and 8 on their weapons. Anyone use types higher than that? Maybe I could make type 9 or type 12's for Epic 4.0's only.

The higher damage on the weapons make up for a lot of the DPS, but obviously not enough to make up for the loss of an Anger Aug. The HP on the weapons do make up for any aug loss though, since they are mostly 12.5k hp for one handed and 25k hp for two handed weapons.

Graphics are currently same as 3.0's, and I'm willing to change them to the same as any other weapon in the game, that can be viewed by a Titanium client. As with the spells, just send screenshot of the Epic and of the weapon graphic you'd like to use instead.

Epic 4.0 Weapons may have their aug slots added or removed. No refunds if I remove an aug slot, so slot them at your own risk for now until everything is finalized.

That's all I can think of for now. The boss is pretty much as intended for now. The weapons just need some final touches.

-Hunter

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:53:43 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Consumer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:47:44 am »

Awesome!!!  It was very cool to see someone get their 4.0 today! 
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 02:52:54 am »

Just to put it out there. Maybe create a post in each class forum for suggestions on 4.0 epic graphics.

I can speak for at least myself here, especially on the monk side, NO ONE wants to continue with the floating wafer cookie graphic for 4.0. Lol.

Do you have access to weapon graphics past the expansion we're already operating on?
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:55:02 am »

Just to put it out there. Maybe create a post in each class forum for suggestions on 4.0 epic graphics.

I can speak for at least myself here, especially on the monk side, NO ONE wants to continue with the floating wafer cookie graphic for 4.0. Lol.

Do you have access to weapon graphics past the expansion we're already operating on?

The point of him basing it on Titanium is that so all users can see it. He can simply set the graphic to an expansion more current, but to everyone else they would see nothing on hand.

EZ Server GM
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:01:52 am »

Oh, good call. I'll be back with a few suggestions on the monk 4.0. However it's hard to find screenshots of these things online. Smiley

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:27:37 am »

Alright, after giving it some thought, I think having the original eq monk epic graphic (the clear shruikens around the fist) but (if possible) changing the color, or making the particles be a lot more plentiful

probably would want to stick to keeping it as a weapon though, versus a "glove" like 1.0 is, because of the stat loss w/o weapons
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 05:50:26 am »

Suprised nobody asked the question I am thinking, though it was probably banded round /ooc.

Giz a look then!! What the stats?
Mirielle
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 06:19:49 am »

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!   Smiley
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 08:34:00 am »

So, lemme get this straight...

Warriors are already overpowered because they can tank and DPS better than any other class, and the aug slots on a 4.0 are guaranteed for them, but not any other class (for now)... AND they'll possibly get a new, better augment for their 4.0? Hopefully I'm reading this horrific favoritism all wrong. Tongue

Know what would really suck? If you tried to put an augment in your 4.0, and crash while using birdbath. Poof, gone.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 09:00:05 am »

So, lemme get this straight...

Warriors are already overpowered because they can tank and DPS better than any other class, and the aug slots on a 4.0 are guaranteed for them, but not any other class (for now)... AND they'll possibly get a new, better augment for their 4.0? Hopefully I'm reading this horrific favoritism all wrong. Tongue

Know what would really suck? If you tried to put an augment in your 4.0, and crash while using birdbath. Poof, gone.
I believe the 4.0 tweaks are far from done. I wont comment on any until the tweaks are finished.
I do feel your pain, just wait it out.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 09:04:10 am »

My bigger concern is the 2+ groups required to obtain it.
Certainly takes the EZ aspect out of the EZ server.
Would be nice for alternative progression for those who dont box 3 groups.
3.0's are at least obtainable by single groups and built that way.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 10:11:48 am »

My bigger concern is the 2+ groups required to obtain it.
Certainly takes the EZ aspect out of the EZ server.
Would be nice for alternative progression for those who dont box 3 groups.
3.0's are at least obtainable by single groups and built that way.

I'm afraid nothing in t3/t4 is really doable by 6, you have to step up to a guild or at least 2 groups to effectively do it. Most guilds/groups that have done it use 18+ even.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 12:14:02 pm »

It is already ridiculous that warriors can out dps any other class, I really hope that doesn't become even more so with 4.0's. As it is right now, it is just a plain waste to have anything other than warriors and clerics in your group. I mean no disrespect to Hunter, but that lack of dynamics is ruining the rest of this wonderful server in my opinion.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 12:24:53 pm »

Warrior aug slots for 4.0 was for testing. I've confirmed that a weapon damage works up to about 255/256 damage then it rolls over. For example, I have a 300 damage weapon, but it shows 44 dmg and does a lot less damage than my 250 damage weapon. Seems obvious whats going on with that.

I might restore the type 4 and 8 aug slots on all the epics + add a 3rd aug slot + an all/all weapon proc damage aug that would hopefully close the gap between warriors and other classes for DPS. Just need to create and test it.

There is a typo on the Warrior 4.0 Turn in right now anyways, cause with all my copy/paste in the code, I did the SK twice and forgot to edit to Warrior ID. It'll be fixed soon.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 12:31:56 pm »

I haven't really looked at the EQ source code in a long time, is it filled with wonderful archaic space savers like using short ints and bytes?

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats