Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:48:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Post-T10 Grocery List! 12-2-15  (Read 66202 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2015, 12:41:23 pm »

Post-T10 Grocery List!

Yes, T10 is finally out and nearly bug free. It's time to dump most of the upcoming things to look at, adjust, improve, add, etc etc. I'm breaking this up into two sections. Projects are either actual large undertakings or somewhat short undertakings with HUGE gains for everyone (quality of life improvements). Classes are obviously class related changes. The class section will contain archetype like changes (i.e. pet classes, tanks, etc). Finally, not everything here is final or even going in at all. Most of it will go in, most of it will see some level of change before implementation, and most of them are genuinely here to improve the gameplay for all.

REMINDER: Sh*tposting or QQstorms without any actual argument/contribution will be outright deleted. I am expecting heated debates, I just want them to stay debates and not turn into insult wars or QQ storms...as they often do.

Projects:
  • Downsize augment footprint
  •   ONE strike aug per weapon
  •   TWO augs per armor (1 HP, 1 Resist)
  • Fix/Improve Existing ‘Minis’
  • Convert the Ring of the Ages turn-in to bulk friendly.
  • Add more ranged items to all tiers!
  • Update ALL gear's loretags to uniform (Zone Type Specifics, i.e. Sunderock Armor Plate Chest or Sunderock Weapon Dagger)
  • Add global, rare spawns worth camping
  • SLS alternatives in tiered zones
  • Convert QVIC, Plane of Dragons (T1/T2), Halls of Honor, Plane of Gods, Abyss, Asylum of Anguish, Loping plains, Temple of Veeshan, and TOFS to scripted loots over from loottable
  • Convert all lowbie zones to scripted loot over loottables
  • Reduce stonewall to global max of 35-40%, reduce mob damage accordingly starting at T3.2
  • Start T11

Classes:

Bard:
  • Add DoT spells (AFTER bard scaling fixed in source)
  • Evaluate: Buffs, add extras?
  • Add debuff songs!

Beastlord:
  • Possibly scale pet’s melee damage based on player’s strike rank(s)
  • Add pet “proc” for healing reduction on mobs?

Cleric:
  • Give them a unique aspect again (curing).
  • Add more combat bonuses
  • Change Chromastrike’s resist type and spell category.
  • Reduce recast on Exorcise En Masse
  • Add duration heals?

Druid:
  • Add Mana Necklace to improve casting damage. Remove Icestrike rights.
  • Look at damage. Increase accordingly.
  • Look at epic.
  • Look at buff durations.
  • Static Shock ability? (Diablo 2)
  • Useful pets (spell damage penalty of 50% or so)

Enchanter:
  • Create full line of Mana Burst spells (Fresh from L70 to T10)
  • Evaluate: Increase DoT damage on Breathless

Mage:
  • Possibly increase their spell damage.
  • Add AoE Rain
  • Add Pet AOE Self buff (short duration)
  • Add Aspect of <Element> system to allow players to shift pet abilities. 1

Paladin:
  • Add “Fresh 70” Zealous Smite
  • Reduce the absurd amount of cleansing from autoattack
  • Look at ‘unique’ mitigation bonus - Blocking!
  •   Shock on block: One rank every 2 tiers. Damage each to Icestrike of previous tier.
  •   Look into blocking mechanic to find way(s) to reliably scale down damage.

Ranger:
  • Look at Epic.
  • Self buffs
  • Additional damage spells/procs?
  • Can Bow proc augments?

Shadow Knight:
  • Add Power Taps, DoTs, Direct Damage lines
  • Add Pet line at/past 70
  • DPS Proc/Click for Offensive Augments

Shaman:
  • Improve their dots? Double their damage and/or possibly add a mob debuff.
  • Increase their melee damage via self buffs.
  • Useful tank pet

Wizard:
  • Possibly adjust self buff line, Curious Creation, to be more ...hurtful. :*-(
  • Scale base damage to match T10? (aug based scaling)

ALL PET CLASSES:
  • Convert Pet Heals to percentage based
  • DISABLE Focus of Healing for them (Mage, Nec, Enc)
  • Evaluate: Summoner’s Pack strength.

ALL TANK CLASSES:
  • Re-evalute stonewall amounts per class, stonewall on pets, and stonewall from buffs.
  • Bring maximum possible to ~35-40%

REMINDER: Sh*tposting or QQstorms without any actual argument/contribution will be outright deleted. I am expecting heated debates, I just want them to stay debates and not turn into insult wars or QQ storms...as they often do.

-Hate

1 : With "Aspect of <Element>",  I mean a singular pet buff that would "focus" the pet similarly to how the old world pets used to function. i.e. Aspect of Earth might add another 10% hp, 5% resist all, and proc'ing AoE threat. Aspect of Fire might increase the damage dealt from spell procs, in addition to "igniting" the target. Aspect of Water might allow to pet to heal from damage done as well as be significantly more dodge-friendly. Aspect of Air might allow the pet an AoE proc over single target proc (at damage reduction).

2 : I understand that lowering the Stonewall amounts will HEAVILY affect combat. Mob damage will be adjusted accordingly as well, ON A TEST SERVER, before this change would go live. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 02:34:26 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kemaal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:09:30 pm »

What is the difference between "scripted loot" and "loot table"?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 01:28:49 pm »

What is the difference between "scripted loot" and "loot table"?

Sorry, some of the notes are almost strictly dev bits. It means double loot can be more easily turned on without reboot, loot amounts can be changed on the fly, and items can be added/removed on the fly.

It's also a lot easier to debug than the built-in setup for loot drops.

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 02:15:57 pm »

With the stonewall reduction are you looking to make sk/pal levels the same as warriors or will warriors still hold a slight advantage? Also will u be revamping the warrior epic and or soa click with it?

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 02:40:16 pm »

With the stonewall reduction are you looking to make sk/pal levels the same as warriors or will warriors still hold a slight advantage? Also will u be revamping the warrior epic and or soa click with it?

Warriors are still the god of melee mit. Period.
SKs, in my mind, are more spell blocking than physical blocking.
Paladins are that nice middle ground.

So, in terms of values: Warriors > Paladins > SKs

In terms of actual numerical values, not sure yet. This will take me testing it on a test server before dumping it live as it's a HUUUUUGE change with very very far reaching consequences.

The net benefit is reduction difficulty in reaching "peak" Stonewall (specifically, Halloween pets no longer feeling required to tank some tiers) and non-tanks lasting more than 1 round.

-Hate

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:45:20 pm by hateborne » Logged

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 02:48:40 pm »

Do u want suggestions on class changes in this thread or class threads already on the board?

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 02:54:15 pm »

Do u want suggestions on class changes in this thread or class threads already on the board?

PLEASE!!! Add them here (this thread) and I'll totally add noteworthy suggestions to the list! :-D

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 03:49:48 pm »

Beastlord:

Possibly scale pet’s melee damage based on player’s strike rank(s)
    Add pet “proc” for healing reduction on mobs?

Vicious Ice - Turn this into a self buff that procs similar to mana neck for pet and bst lord

Have the pet do an AOE debuff proc on mobs that does 10% slow and buffs group by 5% skill dmg mod

Growl of the panther - just make that 100% all skills dmg mod (75 from hulkamania II and 20 from the spell itself). Get rid of Hulkamania or vice versa

Ascendant Essence line - III has 500 per tick mana, 1000 hp per tick - That's not even a tickle. How about 8k hp (druid is 12k at this lvl) and 750 mana (KBI III is 1k tick)

Would give you part druid, enchanter, buff existing line and give you more dps but not over the top. That's all i came up with after 10 mins Sad

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 04:06:12 pm »

I liked the way that live BST pets could be "customized" for different circumstances by casting different pet buffs.....they could snare, slow, debuff, etc, all based on what buff the BST cast on them. I think it'd be cool if you could do something similar here, and in a way that made the BST far more desirable to a team. Some ideas?

Added buffs to BST pets that would proc:

Workable slow
Double attack/flurry debuff
Reduced rampage
Resist debuffs
Riposte reduction
Raw damage (make em just heavy dps, but make the pets a bit weaker hps/stonewall to compensate)

Just some ideas

And as much as I hate the thought of stonewall being reduced, you pretty much have little to no choice. Right now SW numbers are completely absurd and you have no choice but to make mob damage SO heavy to compensate that any other class will get 1 rounded on riposte or ramp. So....good call, Hate.

I like the way that you are making pet classes more caster that /pet attack classes.....mana neck changes for example. Keep on in this! Also, regarding necros....would adding Incisor to the Death line be overboard? And/or adding epidemic to Death? The former might make them a lot harder to kill....but the latter would let them become viable AE dps under all circumstances. Hell, I'd even settle for a sensible reduction in the AE dot damage if epidemic were included in Death cast!

Love the pally ideas. Would be nice to see them become more than just an autoattack  heal box.

Anyway, will add more later.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 04:32:00 pm »

Wizards.... triple their dps!!! Done.

Keeze
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 06:20:32 pm »

Allow the stone of impatience to be a replacement for SLS in some combines! perhaps since they keep dropping and could be used for more then the SoT

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
kojak488

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 06:30:36 pm »

PLEASE!!! Add them here (this thread) and I'll totally add noteworthy suggestions to the list! :-D

Mage used to be my main and I love soloing now and again.  However, soloing multi-mobs was a huge PITA because of managing pet aggro since they don't AOE.  I'd love some solution (e.g., pet buff spell) that allows pets some small AOE hate so that I don't get bumrushed on the first heal.
dopeystuffz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 11:19:50 pm »

Bigger bags? *ducks cream pies, rubber chicken and desk chair*

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 03:29:24 am »

Wish list? Ok here is a few things I would love to see.
 *Mobs like Greed in t7 getting a hitbox fix. He is a third the size of Lust and has a hitbox thats at least twice hers.
 *Refugees need a small speed increase. Doesn't have to be much but its annoying to move for 2 seconds then wait 15 for them to catch up.
 *Server announcements getting moved out of the other chat filter.
 *Pets are losing permanent buffs when zoning.
 *Add the ability to make pets equip whats in the summoners pack when its right clicked. This way if you don't have the correct items equipment you don't need to rezone/resummon.

Also, its awesome that you guys ask for player input like this!

Edit: *With the stonewall change, it would be great if we had options on how to get the stonewall to cap. Say 75-80 of the stonewall cap from items(epics/sota) and the other 25%+ from any variety of spells/pets.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:39:17 am by Leis » Logged

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 12:09:43 pm »

I wanted to address Bard issues

Bards have a lot of great songs to offer the group, one man band, temptest, etc

I would like to see something that bards could have that is totally unique to them and move them into more of a "needed" role, vs a "good to have around" role.

One thing I can think of, and thinking of T10 would be a Melee Mitigation Song. A group only song version and an AOE song version. Clearly the group only version would be the better of the 2 songs.

Something along the lines of 10% group only song and maybe 5% AOE song, noting that both songs can NOT stack.

Another song that comes to mind would be a group only and AOE song that actually raised the resist caps, a song that would take you from say 3500 resists to 3800 resists when played. I think a fair value would be along the lines of 750 group song version and 400 AOE song version.

Another thought is spell damage boosting song, a song that would affect the spell damage of the casters as well as our striker melee hit. Again, group and AOE versions with a low value of something like 6% group only and 3% AOE.

IMO these would be some ideas to fool around with that would actually bring our bard back into the core raid groups. Clearly the bard will never be as important as the tank or healers, however some defining songs that would make people thing seriously about adding a bard to that 2nd group or even the core group.

The bard has historically been the Jack of all trades class. However in our world I think Bards have lost their luster to really bring NEED to the raid and lost even more luster to be in our core groups.

Clearly bards have some of these songs already or aspects of them, however they don't always seem present in a way that you notice a difference when the bard is absent. I think it would be great to have the bard have a noticeable difference when present

Just something to think about
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:14:27 pm by rent » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988