Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 09:17:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: SHUT THE ^%^#@*& UP ABOUT GLUTEN YOU IDIOT!  (Read 15724 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2015, 03:16:49 pm »

I am sooooo sick of pseudoscience bullshit! The next person who tells me they are following a gluten free diet or a vegan lifestyle is getting kicked in the smalls!

My rant:

You're going to follow a gluten free diet? So you have Celiac's disease? No? Then why the FUCK are you following a gluten free diet? Why would you willfully cut out one of the healthiest and most abundant protein sources available to man? Only ONE PERCENT of the population cannot process gluten, yet 44% of adults surveyed claim they want to start following a gluten free diet. Idiots.

You say you're Vegan? Ok, so you dont believe in evolution. Got it. See, we evolved to our current state BECAUSE of our ability to digest animal fats and proteins. In fact there is a direct link to the evolution of the human brain and consumption of tasty animals. There are also many studies linking digestion of animal based proteins and fats (as part of a balanced, healthy diet that avoids hyper processed foods) to great bone mineral density, lesser chances of many types of cancer and lower chances of age associated nerve disorders. The China Study is proven to be bullshit, by numerous credible peer reviews.

You say you want to save the planet and lower your "carbon footprint"? Well, thats awesome, Moonbeam! Just one problem: CARBON IS NOT A POLLUTANT! Carbon is the base compound of life on our planet (thus the term "carbon based life form). In fact, for you people into the "organic" fad, CARBON IS ORGANIC! "Organic" in chemicstry means a molecule bonded with carbon. So if you wanna be organic, its all about the carbon! Regarding carbon dioxide, if not for carbon dioxide we wouldnt BE here. "ITS WHAT PLANTS CRAVE"!

Here's how it works sparky: plants absorb carbon dioxide and in the process produce oxygen. Animals then absorb (breathe in) the oxygen and as a result produce carbon dioxide....and the process continues, endless cycle. If the carbon dioxide level of the planet increases, then plant flourish, and show a marked increase in growth and procreation. In fact current science, if one does the research, shows that actual Co2 amounts in the air see saw across the years, going up and down....increasing then decreasing as carbon sinks (plantlife) globally increases as a result.

So....wanna save the world? Then EAT GLUTEN!!! Plant more wheat Cheesy It can help feed the starving globally and will suck up all that pesky carbon that hit Chicken Lit.....errr Al Gore.... in the head!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 04:28:34 pm »

Save the planet.

Keeze
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 04:45:02 pm »

I'm on an all Brawndo diet.. it's got what plants crave, its got electrolytes.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 06:19:54 pm »

I knew a vegetarian once, she was allergic to a protein that's used as a preservative in processed meat.  Was great seeing everyone react when she was sitting at the table during lunch one day eating venison because her family had recently gone hunting so it was actually safe for her to eat it.
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 10:34:58 pm »

I'm an avid supporter of the Paleo diet.  I spend most of my days hunting proto-mammoths and shitting tree bark. I've already lived double my life expectancy, so I'm trying really hard to perfect my Paleo lifestyle.  With enough effort, I'll die of gum disease or cholera by spring. 

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 10:42:21 pm »

I'm an avid supporter of the Paleo diet.  I spend most of my days hunting proto-mammoths and shitting tree bark. I've already lived double my life expectancy, so I'm trying really hard to perfect my Paleo lifestyle.  With enough effort, I'll die of gum disease or cholera by spring. 

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 11:44:30 am »

At least we can all agree that vaccines cause Autism though right?

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 11:47:08 am »

Also GMO's caused 9/11.

Big Pharma

Amrite?

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 07:51:26 pm »

ROFL Darpey

Viciouss

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 08:25:46 pm »

I'm a Vegan, Chunka. It's what happens when your parents raise you with a conscience, and to treat living things ethically. There are no studies that prove humans need to eat flesh based proteins. The studies, instead, indicate that it was because we ate large quantities of proteins. Beans, Nuts, Vegetables (some) all sit in this category, and since there's really nothing to differentiate in digestion, the body doesn't care what the source is.

Not gonna touch that C02 comment. Thats some meta-level crazy shit.

I actually agree with you on Gluten. But I still think you're wasting your vote with Trump.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:58:32 pm by Viciouss » Logged
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 10:01:18 pm »

I went gluten and sugar free for 10 days and it changed my life. Lots of serious symptoms vanished. Now I just take probiotics.

As for carbon... I agree.  Grin

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 05:36:26 pm »

The only way I'd vote for Trump is if the choice was Trump or Hillary.....but either way we'd be screwed.

The whole "conscience" argument always made me giggle. The people who make this claim (and NOT saying you fall into this category) tend to also be all for abortion.

Ummm.....what?

As for carbon, I know that if I claim (and provide evidence backing the claim) that there is no concrete proof that man is causing climate change I am screwing with someone's religion....and I tend to try and avoid such (religious arguments give me a headache and make me giggle behind my hand at pretty much everyone).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 06:48:46 pm »

Not supporting/condoning either side....just throwing this out there....

Plants are alive too. They just lack cute faces, fur, and/or goofy noises. Unless you're eating rocks or ore, which the latter is (literally) metal, all life comes from consuming other life.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Viciouss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 07:48:45 pm »

Hey I'm totally pro choice too! It comes down to a matter of sentience. The animals we kill have lives that matter to THEM. It was different when we had to kill for our own food, or we died. We don't, now, and we should begin to act accordingly. The problem is that no form of farming is moving in the correct direction. Factory farming can very easily go down as one of the most atrocious things mankind has ever done. The sheer number of things we put to slaughter in horrible ways is outstanding. More animals are killed every year than there are people on the planet.

This woman is very intelligent, and makes my case on the matter far better than I ever could. I know it's not common to watch an 18 minute video that someone else posts, but if you're willing to put the time in or have a spare couple of minutes, I suggest at least considering it. She's not going to jam a bunch of PETA nonsense down your throat. It's only about awareness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_zR4qD7-po&feature=youtu.be
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 11:52:07 pm »

I suggest this thread be locked because religion is next. 2 things not to bring up... politics and religion.

Keeze
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061