Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:39:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: SHUT THE ^%^#@*& UP ABOUT GLUTEN YOU IDIOT!  (Read 15705 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 11:10:20 am »

Yes this sort of farming is horrible... and its going to end in our lifetimes.

the reason why is we can now grow meat without the animal and once this ramps up the savings will be immense....

what this is not good for is farmers.. who grow the food for the animals to eat...so we can eat...them..

massive...and I do mean MASSIVE ...billions on billions go into supporting farmers so they can grow food for food...

so they will resist this change...

much like electric cars to the oil industry... its just going to happen...

withen the next 5 years this fight will be everywhere you just wait and see:)

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 04:10:45 pm »

I'm almost willing to bet that it will be a lot more than 5 years out.
Viciouss

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2015, 01:26:13 pm »

My hope is that Bali is correct, but my fear is that Brannyn almost certainly is.

I accepted early on that taking on this lifestyle would put me in the minority on a fairly large scale. People just don't seem to want to make the connection between petting a dog an eating a steak at the same time. It's tough when you inherently believe people would want to make a change if they knew exactly what was going on. You cant doubt that a small group of compassionate people can change the world though; It's the only thing that ever has.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 02:57:32 pm »

Actually the 2 things that have changed the world most.....reduced global poverty and increased quality of life for humanity.....directed, harnessed laziness and greed. Doesnt say much for our species, but true nonetheless.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2015, 10:57:47 pm »

both sides of the argument are invalid.  The human population is growing exponentially.  The land will not be able to feed vegans or meateaters.   Our future generations will be forced into cannibalsim in order to survive....whether you have a conscience or not.  Smiley

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2015, 04:27:15 am »

Cannibalism, lol. As soon as we finish unlocking fusion we will have more than enough clean power to feed everyone using aquaponics.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2015, 09:41:36 am »

Cannibalism, lol. As soon as we finish unlocking fusion we will have more than enough clean power to feed everyone using aquaponics.

I always felt this quote appropriate.

Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

I am not a tree hugger or anything its just that what ever it is we do, we over do it. I always felt that there has to be a balance between science and spirit, to far to either side and you fail.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2015, 03:18:21 am »

As a species we strive for efficiency, we push the boundary of everything we can to achieve ever more efficient lives. Species that find a balance have settled at an evolutionary plateau making small changes over thousands of years. We are in a period of explosive advancement unlike anything else ever seen on this planet, and we have no idea if we will find balance or extinction at the end of this path.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061