Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:32:31 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Zone idea  (Read 8885 times)
Moruk

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2016, 01:34:18 pm »

I was dreaming up ideas for a new zone that I would find fun, and decided to post it for amusement.   The numbers below may be way off or need tweaking.  Please forgive the awful formatting, I'm at work and they block lots of web sites so I have to post this using my phone. I will fix the formatting soon. 

Howling Stones Daily

-        A dungeon crawling alternative to traditional EZ mass pulls

-        NPCs are slightly tougher than corresponding tier equivalents and should take longer to kill to encourage longer fights and rely more heavily on group healing

-        Higher npc power plus aoe will encourage smaller pulls, emulating early EQ playstyle with fd pulling, pacify, room breaking, etc

-        A straight-forward simple zone with no complicated scripts

-        Must be daily to prevent essence farming exploiting

o   Success = death of 4 wing bosses.  reward = 10 buzzing berries

o   After all 4 wing bosses are defeated, rare chance at named spawning in pit

-        CoH enabled, no real reason to disable it

-        No respawn

-        Traditional Howling Stones locked doors / keys remain unchanged with exception of Tallow-marked Candle (see Pit section)

-        Prevent mass pulls by:

o   On aggro, every npc casts unresistable aoe of 5% player health and then at regular 6 second intervals

§  Ie:  aggro 2 mobs and each mob aoe's for total 10% hp reduction, recasting every tick

§  Ie:  aggro 5 mobs and each mob aoe's for total 25% hp reduction, recasting every tick

§  Ie:  aggro 10 mobs and each mob aoe's for total 50% hp reduction, recasting every tick

o   The constant unresistable aoe damage should be low enough for groups to handle a few npc's simultaneously, but will completely prevent players from rounding up the whole zone in the traditional EZ server mass slaughter.  The zone is meant to be a slower, traditional EQ dungeon crawl

Zone in and Pit (T1/PoD)

The pit is T1 in difficulty and trash can drop dragons minor essences rarely.

Trash:

-        Clone of PoD trash (ie Silver Dragon) with +25% extra hit points and damage output.

-        Can rarely drop current wing essence, and more rarely other wing essence.  Rare plat chance and charm upgrade chance

-        Since there is no respawn, one npc in the pit should always drop the Tallow-marked Candle (key to North Wing)

The pit boss can spawn rarely only when all 4 wing bosses killed.

-        The pit boss is T6/Anguish in power.

-        Pit boss drops:

o   1 anguish essence

o   1 charm upgrade

o   1 Plat bag

o   1 T6 spell

o   10% chance at rare weapon drop from tier 6

o   Rare chance at random floor ToFS essence.  This is the hook for all level players

North Wing (T2/PoD)

The North wing is T2 in difficulty and trash can drop dragons major essences rarely and other wing essences even more rarely.

Trash:

-        Clone of PoD trash (ie Gold Dragon) with +25% extra hit points and damage output

-        Can rarely drop current wing essence, and more rarely other wing essence.  Rare plat chance and charm upgrade chance

Named npc's drop (Bile Sentient, Crypt Worm, Golem Master, Spectre Sepulchre):

-        1 charm upgrade

-        1 Plat bag

-        Rare chance of 1 random item from any wing boss loot table (excluding pit)

The Wing boss (Crypt Keeper) is always up due to needing flag to complete daily quest.

Wing boss drops:

-        Sigil of the Calendar (key to West wing)

-        1 dragons major essence

-        1 charm upgrade

-        1 Plat bag

-        1 T2 spell

-        1 random T2 armor piece

-        1 random T2 weapon

-        25% chance of additional random T2 weapon (since there are no rare T2 weapons)

West Wing (T3/HoH)

The West wing is T3 in difficulty and trash can drop gods minor essences rarely and other wing essences even more rarely.

Trash:

-        Clone of HoH trash with +25% extra hit points and damage output

Named npc's drop (Golem Master, Spectre Sepulchre):

-        1 charm upgrade

-        1 Plat bag

-        Rare chance of 1 random item from any wing boss loot table (excluding pit)

The Wing boss (Skeletal Procurator) is always up due to needing flag to complete daily quest.

Wing boss drops:

-        Broken Sacrificial Dagger (key to South Wing)

-        1 gods minor essence

-        1 charm upgrade

-        1 Plat bag

-        1 T3 spell

-        1 random hoh armor piece

-        1 random hoh weapon

-        10% chance of rare hoh weapon

South Wing (T4/Airplane)

The South wing is T4 in difficulty and trash can drop gods major essences rarely and other wing essences even more rarely.

Trash:

-        Clone of Airplane trash with +25% extra hit points and damage output

Named npc's drop (Crypt Spectre, Spectre Sepulchre, Embalming Fluid, Crypt Feaster):

-        1 charm upgrade

-        1 Plat bag

The Wing boss (Spectre Spiritualist) is always up due to needing flag to complete daily quest.

Wing boss drops:

-        1 gods major essence

-        1 charm upgrade

-        1 Plat bag

-        1 T4 spell

-        1 random airplane armor piece

-        1 random airplane weapon

-        10% chance of rare airplane weapon or loot (angerbomb, rebuttal, zerker haste, pincer attack, etc)

East Wing (T5/Abyss)

The East wing is T5 in difficulty and trash can drop Abyss essences rarely and other wing essences even more rarely.

Trash:

-        Clone of Abyss trash with +25% extra hit points and damage output

Named npc's drop (Reanimated Plaguebone, Crypt Excavator, Howling Spectre, Undertaker Lord):

-        1 charm upgrade

-        1 Plat bag

The Wing boss (Drussella Sathir) is always up due to needing flag to complete daily quest.

Wing boss drops:

-        1 abyss essence

-        1 charm upgrade

-        1 Plat bag

-        1 T5 spell

-        1 random abyss armor piece

-        1 random abyss weapon

-        10% chance of rare abyss weapon

Summary:

-        Relatively speaking, players do not stay in tiers 2 through 5 very long, and typically never see the rare weapons from those tiers.  This daily gives a higher chance at looting and using those weapons before they are made obsolete by higher tier weapons / ultimate weapons

-        A full clear would guarantee 1 essence from each of the corresponding tiers.  The trash and named mobs should provide additional chances for essences, averaging a total of 2 to 3 essences from the corresponding tiers on a full clear.  This provides a nice alternative to abyss essence farming

-        On successful clear, guaranteed loot of:

o   10 buzzing berries per player

o   4 plat bags

o   4 charm upgrade

o   1 dragons major essence

o   1 T2 spell

o   1 random T2 armor piece

o   1 random T2 weapon

o   1 gods minor essence

o   1 T3 spell

o   1 random T3 armor piece

o   1 random T3 weapon

o   1 gods major essence

o   1 T4 spell

o   1 random T4 armor piece

o   1 random T4 weapon

o   1 abyss essence

o   1 T5 spell

o   1 random T5 armor piece

o   1 random T5 weapon

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:36:00 pm »

No more dailies, thanks....I'd happily see all dailies permanently removed in favor of static/instanceable zones with altered drop rates and difficulty. I know I am in the minority but I HATE the dailies, all of em.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 10:50:49 pm »

I don't mind the dailies, but I feel that the focus of dailies should be on the berries you get from them, NOT essences.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 11:09:27 pm »

To solve the essence problem with dailies (although I personally don't see it as a problem), how about all essences are removed and the berries are doubled? Also for T5 daily cut the number of bosses to one. This way we can bring both dailies back. Right now there is no way to get berries.

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 11:15:36 pm »

i know Chunka but not everyone got all UW augments and no otherway works to get UW augments...

Gindoaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:20:45 am »

Chunka actually dislikes the dailies so much that his UW Augs suffer.  Odds of seeing Chunka with an HS3 my guess are very slim anytime in the near future, let alone HS4.
Gindoaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 10:36:40 am »

Moruk, your post was a very nice read.  From another thread I think many people would like to see essence farming for Qvic and CT be a bit less mind numbing, myself included.  But the other side is the items received from grinding these essences are meant to be a "grind".  The nice thing about the current system is it puts veterans in a position to help the new folks, which is vital to server sustainability and population.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 11:00:58 am »

yes I agree this is a very nice post..well done

but we dont need another zone right now...

our elite team of code ninja's have all they can handle just keeping the current boat afloat with all the new stuff...

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 05:51:23 pm »

Chunka actually dislikes the dailies so much that his UW Augs suffer.  Odds of seeing Chunka with an HS3 my guess are very slim anytime in the near future, let alone HS4.

DING! Got it in one. I have a HS2, and I sincerely doubt you will see me with a HS3.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 05:55:36 pm »

Oh, and my mage has a Forceful Gift aug that sits unused in the bank.....mage has a UW LS in the pet bag

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 06:05:19 pm »

with 4 uws now in need of an aug i am more interested in the dailys than i was before....

Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 06:01:32 am »

To me the idea of a "daily" has always been that it represents a quest.  Not so much a zone.  I seem to remember in the past there being a cycle of dailies (depending on the day, random chance, etc.).  You hail mob x, he tells you to go to zone y and kill z.  Or go to zone y and collect z.  The long and the short of it right now is that we have our only source of Berries being held due to the exploitation of essence/progression mechanics.  Speed up the quest for the berries, offer a "main" one that does 10 berries and 2 alternate that offer 5 berries.  If we take essences and progression out of the equation, the quests become about berries.
I realize this would make UC1's a grind again.  However, the berries awarded from the quest are still going to equate to 1/3 of a prism charm upgrade.  If you could do 20 berries in the time it used to take you to do 10 Berries and loot a couple essence and 6 prisms (Dranik), I think it would be a good trade off. 

Thos

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 10:07:26 am »

I still have not done a run through dranik but I was looking forward to doing this to get my warrior hatestomp.  Was it game breaking or can the missions come back up until there is an alternative way to get berries?  I'm only asking because there didn't seem to be a post about the missions or why they no longer work.

From my perspective it seems like it would have been a fun alternative to standard progression.  Were people repopping the zone by camping like the Christmas event?
Gindoaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 11:08:26 am »

For Dranik some people were bugged for getting the quest, myself included, it would have allowed me to go in multiple times without a lockout timer.  This would have never yielded me berries but the essences I could have farmed would have just been silly, especially as they are some of the hardest or require multiple zones/farming to acquire.
munga

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 12:35:49 pm »

Honestly I dont even give a shit about the essences at this point. Id do it for nothing but the berries.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439