Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 03:31:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MCP help  (Read 7435 times)
Phatbubbajack

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:54:29 pm »

Okay, I am at my wits end.  I have tried everything that I can think of.
Everytime I engage this beast, he pushes me backwards right off of the island.
Can someone please give me just a hint on how to tackle this guy.
Many thanks.
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 11:28:00 pm »

/stick and Resists are the two ways to combat it.

If you're using MQ2, try using a /stick 25 command.  This will force your bots to run back to the MCP when they are knocked back.  My biggest issue was my non-melee were getting shoved off the island with the knockback because they would get hit multiple times without re-positioning, due to not using /stick.  I had all my melee /stick 25 on the MCP and the non-melee were /stick 10 on my Druid/cleanser.

If you're already using /stick, the other issue I ran into was fighting too high on the hill.  The knockback at the top of the hill would launch my toons off the island.  Since the strike range on MCP is massive, don't have your melee fight so far up the hill where MCP spawns.  That's why I use /stick 25 on MCP, keeps the toons back a bit.

Also some time in Frozen shadow will help with resist stones.  I think you need about 1800 to block most of T4 poison/KB's.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:29:32 pm by Corsoblarg » Logged

Phatbubbajack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 01:41:37 am »

Thanks for the info!!!
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:02:31 am »

This is a old problem.....

stop using Mq2Melee and you will stop falling off the island..

its a banned plugin and the #1 sign is the hit bubble MCP is so huge that /melee tries to make you run off the island when using it..

stop it you dirty cheaters
'

that is all

Phatbubbajack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 02:49:54 pm »

Wow - was not aware that this was a banned plugin.  I will unload immediately.
I was only using the plugin's provided by the download.
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 03:05:36 pm »

This is a old problem.....

stop using Mq2Melee and you will stop falling off the island..

its a banned plugin and the #1 sign is the hit bubble MCP is so huge that /melee tries to make you run off the island when using it..

stop it you dirty cheaters
'

that is all

Not sure if joking or not, but I had problems with my melee getting punted off the island from being high up on the hill where he spawns. If you're on the eastern facing, there isn't much island beyond that hill. My second paladin was notorious for blasting off, especially if he went off at an arc. I wouldn't notice until my whole 2nd group dropped dead from that hellish DS/DD/Dot/whatever the hell it does.

My other issue was my non melee would get hit with the knock back a few times and then tip over the side of the island. When I was focused on keeping my tank alive with drake and cleanses, I wouldn't notice the rest of my non melee (I had 5 mages at the time, because 5 eye of zomm's are better than 1) and they would get caught in the void until I noticed my DPS suffering.

The way I fixed it was sticking to my main box with non melee, and melee stuck on the bosses as low on the hill as possible to prevent paladin bottle rockets.

For the record, I haven't used melee plugins.  Also should clarify I'm aware this wasn't directed at me, or am I using this post to defend myself. Just giving a legitimate perspective outside the MQ2Melee issue.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:08:01 pm by Corsoblarg » Logged

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 03:24:44 pm »

Regarding the mq2melee issue I have edited both wiki to better reflect this ban.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 05:05:14 pm »

Hey I understand ... When I first got started I used /melee as well..right up until I got to this very encounter...  So I am very much aware of what it does and I am able to identify the root cause.

its nothing personal and being a little snarky  Grin Angry Grin

that was a long time ago and now we have most excellent guides that tell us how to set up hotkeys and use BCCMD channels... I am not really sure what melee would do for you at this point..

even more so in t10 since most of my melee are makeing copious use of the accept rezz button Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kemaal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 11:59:08 am »

I wouldn't notice until my whole 2nd group dropped dead from that hellish DS/DD/Dot/whatever the hell it does

You gotta dispel the DS  Smiley
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 05:56:12 pm »

Cancel magic on pally works well....unlike most of the higher level dispels cancel cannot be resisted.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 276