Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 11:13:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: t10 is a dead zone  (Read 21764 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 02:38:42 am »

I cant figure how anything spawns...I have never spawned the  thunderdude and have only seen him when other people are camping the orcs.... I have zero luck getting him to spawn on my own...

almost done with my 3rd 750 and still only have boots on 1 toon lol../sigh ahh well ..all in good time

He mostly spawns from killing at the far north Orc camp. After you clear out the area and respawns start heading across the zone, you'll see multiple stormbringers start to file in. After you kill a few, he'll spawn down south. He is spawnable via the south camp, but it literally would take hours of you killing the only stormbringer in the whole camp over and over.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 10:26:07 am »

I have a new fantastic camp I found last night with no trains and no traps with plenty of orcs to kill... including jugs and the strombringer so maybe my luck will change.

the casters and healers are able to sand on a ledge over the top of the fight and out of any spawn agro range and 3 or 4 zerk mobs spawn in the huts nearby.. then a few orc guards and the next pull is the stormbringer and a few buddies... all very manageable and i can even go back on the ledge and afk with no aggro... nice for when you have to like...pee..or something...

my main mistake for t10 has been just sitting on the orc highway of death and trying to zerg it .....

anyway .... much better now:)

Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 03:54:10 pm »

Woot!  See you in...9000 kills Smiley

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 04:36:52 pm »

9000killsx30seconds/kill =270,0000 seconds of non stop dps = 4500 mins=75 hours 6.25 days non stop

75hoursXmylife=25 days to kill 9000 orcs

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 07:59:48 am »

This zone is pretty much why I quit EZ.  The server seemed to be going towards requiring 2-3 groups when I only had 1, and now it seems you have to ROA, SOA, UW, UC3 max every toon to be viable in the end game zone.  That's dedication I simply do not have.  Hope you guys are having fun, though. Smiley

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2016, 01:10:15 pm »

Yeah I am seeing a lot of people who seem to have stopped playing....I havent even seen Fugitive in a long time.....or maybe he's on when i am not /shrug.....

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2016, 05:00:37 pm »

I have fought my way into t10 ...

is Tough..

But I dont see this as any reason to stop...

if you are allowing this to stop you from playing this is not the primary cause...

you have other things going on....

t10 is not a bad zone.... you have to struggle at first...but you are rewarded... this is how its works...

bugs will be worked out in time..

not an attack on anyone in any way but saying /I quit becaue of t10\ is only a partial truth

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 06:58:14 am »

Only thing I really want is:

1. Zoning in bug fixed (if I zone in with only one group at least one toon is going to grey out)

2. Tank mitigation nerf.

something that is not high priority but would be nice:

Allow guilds the ability to instance t10 so you dont have to worry with grouing with folks you dont know and help understand what spawned "x" mob.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 02:27:03 pm »

Agree with the guild instance thing. Can eliminate repop or make the cost 9999999999 plat if thats the issue.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2016, 08:42:45 pm »

Quote from: balidet

not an attack on anyone in any way but saying /I quit becaue of t10\ is only a partial truth
[/quote

for some its 100% the truth.  I know a few folks personally who only joined this server because of the instance mechanics. They loved the fact that they finally had an everquest style game that they could play by themselves/with each other, never have to talk or play in a zone with others.  They followed ooc but thats it.  They don't log in anymore because there is no point.  They were pretty much daily players for the last few years.  

I know it's an MMO but this is a key factor for a lot of people when choosing this server now.  

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:45:30 pm by Drep » Logged

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2016, 08:55:15 pm »

besides the guild instance.  since its built already, I wouldn't even mind if this zone got beefed up and used as the optional more hardcore zone that was talked about. keep it public.   just make a new t10 for tiered progression.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 12:01:24 am »

I don't see how the instance thing makes a difference what-so-ever. People seem to be bandwagoning that. The zone is MASSIVE AS SHIT. How exactly are you forced to deal with other people's trains? I have not ONCE seen both orc platforms being camped simultaneously. I have, however, watched as 2-3 groups all fight over the entrance area of the main orc camp. Why not just go up north? That area is actually easier, because once you pull a few, they constantly respawn 2-3 at a time and run across the zone and you can stand in the middle of nowhere killing a stream of a few orcs at a time. They literally train themselves to you (small trains). Also, if both orc camps are ever ever ever taken, which I still haven't seen happen, there are about 30 other places you can go, kill, and work on the several different quest lines.

Until someone actually says something logical about the no-instancing policy, the whole topic is incredibly annoying, especially when Hate already stated the zone is too complex to allow tons of instances to be opened at once. A compromise that COULD be made is allowing 2-3 separate public zones to go between (Sunderock1, Sunderock2, Sunderock3) BUT, BUT BUT BUT BUTTTT that is not even needed at the moment, because nobody is even going there in the first place, for now at least. Also, all that would really do if it got put in, would make people like me take advantage and pop between 1, 2 and 3 and kill all of the Beast of Burdens then log back off, as I've been doing for weeks now, because I need about 60 more tier pieces from that asshole and he only drops 1 per kill.

Couldn't say it better myself. Honestly I question the motives of those who say otherwise, as I've never seen them in the [OPEN] public zone to begin with.

Blarr!
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 07:19:17 am »

Look, whether your believe it or not, plenty of folks have stopped playing, quite a few due to the no instancing of T10.  It's sill to have the mechanic available for the first 9 progression zones, not counting the pre zones, and suddenly stop it at the last one.

That would be like watching 20 years worth of the Simpsons to have the new season come out with different characters.

So as with the whole information sharing stuff, people like to tell others how to play, seems many have decided to vote with their time and no longer play.

Adding instancing back in would encourage more people to play while doing nothing to hinder those who want to continue playing in a public zone.  Let's take a quick poll, how many of the self proclaimed public zone lovers do all their other tasks in public?

I'll wait......

Exactly.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 11:12:11 am »

Honestly I think only a handful of people have spent any time in this zone... like..5 maybe

the rest is just speculation.

the longer I spend in the zone the more I like it..

its new and scary......it will be ok..

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 03:32:16 pm »

The greying out thing has been almost 90% locked down after a debug and trial/error session with myself and Hurty for over an hour. I shared this with Akkadius, who then shared with EQEmu Coders, and the general (shared!) consensus is that the server is zoning too fast for the client.

In English: Server is "done zoning" before client truly is, which accounts for this "half-life" state of being in zone but greyed out. I'll follow back up with Akkadius on when a remedy for this may be in place. The fix for this issue would literally fix ALL zoning issues in ALL zones on MOST connection types.

(Additionally: After casting COH numerous times from numerous characters/npcs on Hurty's characters in T10, it did not affect it or 'bring the character back'. A half alive character stayed half alive.)

As for the people that 'quit' playing because no instancing, even though only really four people have been HEAVILY vocal, leads me to believe they are likely quitting because of other issues (time, life, lack of afk loots). I just can't understand lack of instancing and DAYS of playtime spent to suddenly "well....fts, I'm out!".

Multiple publics may be possible, not sure how to keep additional ones open but I'm sure Akkadius has some magic. Will consider it. Given the complaints about traps, damage, and AOE...not sure instances are going to magically fix it all unless warping/mad-lulz-hax involved. ::shrug::

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081