Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 11:25:27 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: t10 is a dead zone  (Read 21791 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2016, 12:47:30 pm »

like for real I have it all to my self...and while that is nifty... 

are new bad ass zone that they have spent countless hours on is basically being used by me and a handful of people....

are we the only ones who can handle it?

is it to buggy?

what gives!

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 01:08:41 pm »

I can speak for me and my buddy, the no instance thing kills it completely.  I have 0 interest in dealing with other people's trains or them having to deal with my random AFK's all the time. 

Part of the fun for us on the server has always been we can do our own thing at our own pace in our own zones.  We could chat on occasion if needed, lend a hand or ask for hand, etc.

The sudden change into forced sharing is a huge non-starter for us.

For reference, we are fully T9, 1 UW11, 1 UW8 (maybe9), 4UCv3, maxxed augs, etc.  We haven't set foot in T10.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 01:58:42 pm »

ohh you dont need aother people for trains in t10...it tends to do that on its own... mobs move about the zone with traps and pathing all over and the fast respawn mean you are constantly having mobs auto aggroing mid fight.

it tends to be just me in the zone OR 58 other toons half of witch are afk and the other half who are actively clearing all of the named mobs....

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 03:41:55 pm »

I am waiting on the revamp for tank mitigation and a possible solution for toons being in the zone but not being in the zone bug....I despise my toons dieing to aoe flurry because they dont have the warriors mitigation stats....I can handle healing but being one rounded is just no fun.  The only other problem I have is with not knowing the outcome of the quest lines on toons with different factions.  I love the idea of having different factions for cloth and mellee and tank classes but what faction does what?!  Pick one and you cant change your faction....something showing the rewar for that quest/faction line so you could tailor your toons would be great....I would too also prefer instances but thats not the big issue for me....I would like guild instances so you and your guildies could fight together and not have to deal with bot_toon_1000 or jack_hole_2000 giving you a bad evening playing.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 04:42:04 pm »

bot_toon_1000 or jack_hole_2000 giving you a bad evening playing.

And now I have my next two toon names...

thank you!

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 04:59:41 pm »

For me.

Instancing

Lack of COH (because alts ALWAYS die)

Alts always die

Trains - RKO out of no where.

Bug with group / raid (because alts always die)

The zone it self.

It just feels force fed for grouping up.

Not knocking it, it's well designed and i bet took a ton of hours to do just doesn't have that EZserver zone feel that i am used to.

Keeze
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 05:28:30 pm »

Desync issue for me.  To be fair, I had the same problem in T9 when the HG change happened. 

I purchased a new and much beefier PC a couple of weeks ago, but still have the same issue.  Someone said it was related to the MQMap?  Could be.. I dunno, but I can't keep my 18 on line long enough to find out really.   Just don't have the stamina to fight through another new zone bug hunt atm.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 05:36:56 pm »

pro tip

/maphide npc untargetable
/mapdhide npc ground

make these on a hotkey and/or make a CFG file for the zone...

this will solve 99% of the sync issues

the trains are built into the zone along with the traps..

I have 3.5 UW's and all toons save my newbie wizzy are UC3 and am still suffering with lack of dps to keep up with the spawns.

Zerks die every pull...every time... I am really thinking of dropping my non UW/earring zerk and adding a necro

shit is tough..

any melee toon that is not UW/UC3/ROA1000/SOALV/IG is going to die all the time.

my paladin with uw8/SOA LV using the mace is able to keep me going on my tank most of the time.. my dps melee toons die to random rampage even with pally/cleric AOE heals spamming... I am thinking of SOA my main cleric next just to add some procs...along with casting...

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 05:46:42 pm »

I don't see how the instance thing makes a difference what-so-ever. People seem to be bandwagoning that. The zone is MASSIVE AS SHIT. How exactly are you forced to deal with other people's trains? I have not ONCE seen both orc platforms being camped simultaneously. I have, however, watched as 2-3 groups all fight over the entrance area of the main orc camp. Why not just go up north? That area is actually easier, because once you pull a few, they constantly respawn 2-3 at a time and run across the zone and you can stand in the middle of nowhere killing a stream of a few orcs at a time. They literally train themselves to you (small trains). Also, if both orc camps are ever ever ever taken, which I still haven't seen happen, there are about 30 other places you can go, kill, and work on the several different quest lines.

Until someone actually says something logical about the no-instancing policy, the whole topic is incredibly annoying, especially when Hate already stated the zone is too complex to allow tons of instances to be opened at once. A compromise that COULD be made is allowing 2-3 separate public zones to go between (Sunderock1, Sunderock2, Sunderock3) BUT, BUT BUT BUT BUTTTT that is not even needed at the moment, because nobody is even going there in the first place, for now at least. Also, all that would really do if it got put in, would make people like me take advantage and pop between 1, 2 and 3 and kill all of the Beast of Burdens then log back off, as I've been doing for weeks now, because I need about 60 more tier pieces from that asshole and he only drops 1 per kill.
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 06:12:23 pm »

I went in, got all my armor done for tank and accessories for toons that I cared about.  In the time it took me to get all the faction and token drops for tank, I collected 5 essences.  There are many small things going on in the zone, and some larger ones.  For me, the absence of essences in the current state makes it a place that I will be avoiding.  At least until my next round of cloth toon is ready to come into the zone and melt shit.  I think the difficulty level is fine, the absence of instancing just makes people have to communicate with each other.  They also need to be aware of who is spawning which bosses, so they are not boss poaching on accident, or heaven forbid on purpose.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 08:33:23 pm »

I imagine some of those movies where teenagers date vampires are decently written, its just not my cup of tea.

I stayed back after beta because it involved massive scripting, complex quests, pathing fun, and the like. Couple that with an enormous size of the actual zone and then throwing 1k continually respawning mobs into it, and you got a recipe for lag, instability, and if you want a real world equivalent, it'd be like slamming 4 vicodins and trying to play whack-a-mole at a Chuck E Cheese. Survival =/= overcoming via any measure of skill.

I've always been a mq2 minimalist, driving more than 6 with an enc/dru in tow was something i simply never did. Just the mere thought of reconfiguring spell casters and macros and such makes playing solitare or freecell while listening to mp3 lists seem enticing.

"I strongly enjoyed the traps' said no one ever. It brings death and rebuffing to those on the back end of the mq2 daisy-chain when you are newer to a zone, it becomes an unreliable, slow, boring, and monotonous method of triggering necessary things for someone w/ power beyond the level of that zone. So it's game over for the newbies and underwhelming and distasteful for those above it.  Traps wouldnt be that big of a deal though, except for the lack of COH.

As you've probably noticed, I didnt give a rats about COH until now. Thats because it's not terribly important unless you:

1. ) need 18 toons
2. ) need to move them /sticked constantly
3. ) anything that spawns randomly is going to make you stop everything and re-rez half of them.

/shrug. For me its an either/or thing when it comes to coh/traps. both just struck me and kinda a flip of the middle finger. personal opinion. Wink

For the record, yeah i SOA'd 6 toons, UWXI'd 6 toons, then got 1/2 way thru the second group on SOAs before i realized 'wait a minute.. I literally would rather play ps4 or freecell or ding dong ditch flaming bags of poo on the neighbor's doorstep than actually try to go beyond 6-7 toons.

There was two chairs. One involved having 20 toons online at all times. The other chair involved making 6 gods of war. I sat in the 2nd chair, and the next tier required the former. And when they pass out the trophy in tier 18 for the person who managed to sit in their chair the longest, it won't be me, but i certainly have enjoyed my time on EZ. Its a totally different server than it was even 2 years ago, and 99.5% of it is unmeasurably for the better.

Just not t10. Didnt end up my cup of tea. /shrug. Tried multiple times to get into it. Realized quickly it was going to involve me sitting in my chair for longer stretches than my life was going to allow. Doing things  i considered unfun like mq2 wizardry, getting ROA 1ks on toons i hardly ever needed to log on before, etc.

Anyone who knows me knows I got 95% of the joy on this server out of helping others through choke points and giving people new to the server whirlwind tours. This server is unlike any other, with its design to help others while also helping yourselves. It's the antithesis of p99, another server i spent a lot of time on. In fact, the reason I always have come back to EZ is it combined my love of the grind of p99 with the scripting magic and encounters of Stormhaven. It has been and will continue to be the best of both worlds.

Of course, just like anything everquest-related, there always comes a time where you just don't have the time you used to to play, and I'm currently in one of those sequences. 

Just luck of the draw. T10 was designed to be a massive content stumbling block to keep us busy. It accomplishes that. Its just not a vampire movie that lines up with what i'm looking for/able to do currently Smiley
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:47:45 pm by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 08:46:47 pm »

They also need to be aware of who is spawning which bosses, so they are not boss poaching on accident, or heaven forbid on purpose.

This is a big fear of mine too....to know what spawns a boss you have to be in the zone and know the spawns.  I went in a few weeks ago running around the zone and saw Beast of Burden...I /ooc "did someone spawn this?" over and over. no one replied. after several minutes i killed it. I don't like to learn a zone that would run me the risk of getting the rep of being a ks'er...I prefer just to be the server asshole....but maybe this is more designed for the newer EZ players as i havent seen many of the old heads online much at all lately. Cry
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:50:19 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 09:38:36 pm »

Beast is a random spawn upon 9pm game-time, he just simply has a chance to spawn as the nightly undead / vampires pop all over the zone. All of the other bosses are deliberately triggered by killing a bunch of junk. The common bosses are Sharpclaw, Lord Venombite, and Orc Thundermaker. I actually did get 2 new bosses to spawn the other night which was pretty cool. Little J'aughn (bandit) and some Gnoll leader whose name I forgot. Darkpaw something.

Bosses I still have not seen spawn since beta: Ro'kki (bandit), Vaxxol (sarnak), Den Mother (orc), Warboss Zug (orc)

Little J'aughn I saw spawn after killing countless bandit mini's, somewhere around 10, as well as about 60 bandits.
Darkpaw I have literally 0 clue, but I'm guessing it was tied to Gnoll mini's as I killed quite a few of those that day, but we're talking hours and hours to get these 2 to spawn and I'm still not even 100% sure on the cause.

I'm guessing Vaxxol is tied to Sarnak Mini's, because I've wiped out the Sarnak base time and time again, even during night time. I've killed tons of both live and dead Sarnaks, but the mini's just don't seem to spawn. I've said this a bunch, but killing Sarnaks just seems to spawn Orc triggers and mini's all over the zone, which lead to absolutely nothing. I've killed more Orc Lieutenants than Gnoll / Bandit / Sarnak combined, and nothing has ever spawned from it.

I have to assume the 4 bosses I mentioned are either bugged, or tied to a spawner that is too hard to reach by a few groups grinding the zone for an entire day. I really don't have enough care left to try and grind 1 specific spot for an entire day just to ATTEMPT to figure this crap out.

I think the zone is puzzling enough, but as I said before, if these triggers can't be reached accidentally just from roaming around the zone and slaughtering at random, no one will ever spawn these bosses to reverse engineer the spawning method and say "ok wtf did I just do, let's try that again"

TLDR: Make boss spawns easier, reduce plat they drop, they're only awarding 1 tier piece per kill anyways, no matter how many people are in the zone, and that's the only thing people really care about.

The weapon skins are just for show, but thankfully the Orc weapons can be equipped by everyone, regardless of faction, and they have the highest HP of the weapons, which is the only thing that matters to deal with the difficulty of the zone. Most of my melee are well over 4 mil HP now just from the accessories, t10 weapon skin, roa 1000, and buffs / halloween pets. The SoA crew are all above 5 mil HP. The only deaths I had from rampage at this point were the zerkers and bards. So I swapped all 5 of those to use IG pets and haven't had really any rampage deaths since. The upcoming damage / stonewall adjustments will make rampage a lighter burden to deal with, but until then, I strongly suggest running full IG on your melee, unless they have ult weapon + soa, in which case MoF is fine. My group 1 is all running SoA + UW + MoF, aside from the bard who still eats dirt occasionally even with IG + SoA protecting her. I'm just far too lazy to turn off twist between pulls, so bards are always first to get rampage swings from every mob in the pack.

And lastly, the unlocked chests are such crap they may as well not exist. With the addition of locked chests having the 100% essence taken away, there is literally 0 reason to ever clear to an unlocked chest just to loot 10,000 plat and 0 items.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 12:36:53 am »

I cant figure how anything spawns...I have never spawned the  thunderdude and have only seen him when other people are camping the orcs.... I have zero luck getting him to spawn on my own...

almost done with my 3rd 750 and still only have boots on 1 toon lol../sigh ahh well ..all in good time

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 01:41:22 am »

For me its simple, needing a raid put it out of reach. Sure I could join up with someone who was in there, but I would just be leaching off someone who could handle it on their own. I don't have the time or inclination to work up a second and third group just so I can try out T10. On top of that my over the phone connection has trouble with my 6, only holding up on good days.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061