Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 03:44:18 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should Paladins get an Aug for DPS?
NO
Allow Paladins to use Anger Aug
Create new Aug for Paladin Only
Create Paladin Only + Allow Anger Augs too

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Paladin DPS Aug (Vote)  (Read 48590 times)
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2010, 01:05:32 am »

Is anything ever gonna come of this vote?  I made a couple extra pallys in hope we might see these new augs soon.  Would really like to see More Sk's and pallys tanking and doing decent dps rather then the "normal" cookie cutter groups thats required atm.
Microdia

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2010, 02:24:18 am »

I want to do more than just be an afk healbot on my paladin.  I'd like to be able to tank and hold aggro effectively.  Seems like a waste to be grouped with warriors, have a ton of hp and full plate tanking class and never tank if grouped with a war.  Would be nice if the defensive discs didn't suck too, but it's part of the class I suppose.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2010, 03:02:35 am »

Planning class balance (aka upgrades) this weekend, with hopefully little to no nerfs. Maybe give Anger Augs to Sk/Pal.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Microdia

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2010, 03:10:27 am »

Planning class balance (aka upgrades) this weekend, with hopefully little to no nerfs. Maybe give Anger Augs to Sk/Pal.

Would be nice to have some an option for tanking discs.  I dont want anything for a paladin like stonewall or anything to take away the warrior token, just something to make the tanking a bit more viable.  Thanks for all your hard work Hunter.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2010, 03:24:19 am »

They get heals that warrior don't get + u think Paladin gets a small stonewall.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2010, 03:43:47 am »

Guard of Righteousness is like a 10k rune I believe.  It isn't stonewall, but it might help you live until the next heal procs.  Having something that didn't absorb all damage but lasted a little longer would definitely help.
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2010, 03:44:56 am »

The ability to hold agro on multiple mobs is the only issue pally/SK has atm tanking.  Nothing should be able to replace or equal a warrior as a tank.  Bring the Sk/pally dps up to par with warrior and give the hybrids the ability to hold agro on multipe mobs. That would be a huge fix.  The augs are a great idea and I think and it can all be tweeked as needed.  Thanks again Hunter for hearing us out, I think we all wanna see more SK/Pally instead of mandatory warriors for both DPS and Tanks.  
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:48:20 am by Rick » Logged
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2010, 05:24:53 am »

Dread Gaze is an AOE aggro spell that gives 250k hate.  You can cast it every 2 seconds or so.  I'm not in end-game stuff, but I can hold aggro on everything using it in LDON and such.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2010, 06:13:36 am »

Dread Gaze is an AOE aggro spell that gives 250k hate.  You can cast it every 2 seconds or so.  I'm not in end-game stuff, but I can hold aggro on everything using it in LDON and such.

correct

Hunter - EZ Server GM
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2010, 08:15:57 am »

Dread Gaze works fine as I use SK for my main tank (Refuse to make warrior)

These are all good changes im +100 for.

Hunter, anger augs will work but I would like to see them as temporary. And later on add somewhat class specific. (Maybe archetype specific?) Maybe pally with a 500hp-5k (ranks) rune proc and a SK that procs an AOE lifetap DOT.
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2010, 08:29:22 am »

Well if pallies and sk's get upgrades aka being able to use angery nerd augments i'd like to have the heal pallies have on my warrior epics please. Lets not forget that the Warrior has always been intended to be the MAIN TANK  and pallies/shadowknights have always been Main assist or back up tanks. Raid wise that is. That is all thank you for your time. Now that i read over this post more maybe its just people dont' know how to play a pally/sk not all but it seems like a few of them just depend on their gear to get them through not thinking about useing their various skills/spells. Sounds to me like people just want to put pally on auto attack kill all the mobs aoe and keep themselves fully healed lol that would be way to overpowered.

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:35:08 am by Cracken » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2010, 08:36:47 am »

Anger Augs were added to Warriors but heals/taps were always part of being Sk/Pal.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2010, 10:22:56 am »

Anger Augs were added to Warriors but heals/taps were always part of being Sk/Pal.

You give Knights the ability to use Anger augs, im basically done on this server. Congrats on making the Paladin the most desired character to play. A weapon that procs heals, ability to cure, and now the DPS from the Anger augs, why would anyone want to possibly play a different class?

Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2010, 03:57:59 pm »

Everyone say we need to keep warriors on the top of the tanking list I agree. Why not make a Anger aug for a pally/SK but scale down the dmg say maybe 750 aoe. You dont want the pallys and sk in your group ripping mobs off when your not trying.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2010, 04:08:28 pm »

Everyone say we need to keep warriors on the top of the tanking list I agree. Why not make a Anger aug for a pally/SK but scale down the dmg say maybe 750 aoe. You dont want the pallys and sk in your group ripping mobs off when your not trying.

Having your tank use IV's and your DPS use Vs should be enough to solve this issue - no need to scale anything back.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)