Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:10:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Waking the sleeper now on p99  (Read 18834 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 02:07:57 pm »

I was in the guild on Tunare that fucked it for everyone else by waking the Sleeper, and most of us vociferously opposed doing it but the super hardcore, on 18 hours a day types got what they wanted for drops and insisted we do it to keep other guilds from catching up.  It's a stupid fucking mechanic to have a once only event only be enjoyed by a fraction of the server population and subsequently end access to the gear that the zone offered.  I'd be okay with the event crap if obtaining the gear were still an option...like say next expansion comes out and the gear somehow made it into the entry level raids of that era.  Like when POP came out after Velious, the elemental planes would have the Sleeper's gear drops spread across the encounters...no stat increase, exact same gear, rename it if you must but at least then people could still acquire the stuff that the one time encounter otherwise would have shut off.  Then Plane of Time gear could be unique again and it could have a one time event tied into it while the next expansion would carry the unique Plane of Time gear forward to Velious entry level raids.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 02:17:18 pm »

what pissed me off was when Tunare held the Best of the Best Ranger event.

Durg v Wine............

Wine had primal, Durg did not. Otherwise their gear at the time was almost identical. Both very good at their classes and PVP.

During the end of the fight, both had approx. 4% hps, we all saw the flash and text, Wine's primal proc'ed and Durg went down like a noodle..........

Now, Durg didn't have the benefit of obtaining that primal, why? Because Dim's guild F&*^ed everyone........

my eyes are bleeding again.......

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 03:05:27 pm »

Nice I was part of that Zerg Balidet both times as well. Was fun thats for sure. What guild were you in?

I was Wudan

I was in ascending dawn.

I was paying someones mage because I never keyed my necro and was having fun summoning random people that I knew who where not in WuD/AD/ or ...the other guild and watching people freak out in chat about the "invaders"

fun times..

Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 04:54:58 pm »

I played on The Rathe, which hosted the first awakening of The Sleeper.  I was in Tindi'Losi, nipping at the heels of Blood of the Spider, who were No. 1 on the server and were the ones who triggered him.  It was chaos.  It was crazy seeing an NPC bounce from zone to zone, ripping apart everything in sight, killing other NPCs.  I was not present for the initial battle, but I was sent to Skyshrine to help.  I have never seen so many corpses glitched standing up, and then to notice a transparent foot come around the corner before getting DT'ed into oblivion.

Good times.

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 06:10:14 pm »

I was in bots on rathe server. We were the first to wake him not fully knowing what would happen. It caused alot of hate to anyone with the guildtag at the time. So many deaths and sleeper rampaging zones.

At least thats how i remember it.
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 06:46:52 pm »

Were you with BoTS when they were called Brotherhood of the Spider?  You guys trained the piss out of us in Plane of Fear during vanilla EQ which resulted in the guild getting dissolved. Tindi and Blood were forever at odds.

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 07:14:55 am »

Yes it was brotherhood of the spider. I never rejoined bots. It was crazy the amount of people a raid took to do stuff back then.. And unless you were always on you only got old stuff noone wanted. That was prior to the dkp systems used later on in planes. Favoritism at its best.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 11:16:22 am »

yea its funny how that all works out sometimes..

I went from a nogeared newb who had a guild just trying to do velious raids to the absolute best geared necro on my server in less than 6 months joining up with AD on RZ and being the only active necro for like 2 years... it was insane...i got everything

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 12:54:57 pm »

Yea i was a top 10 geared serverwide rogue from luclin through planes. Then i started college.. Used to have a guy in the guild that would 5 box clerics for ch rotations. Tanks rarely died from anything other than a dt. Must have been almost as boring as playing a necro to mana battery clerics, i did that too for a while.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 01:07:27 pm »

When people sent me a tell for mana i had a hotkey to target them and dot them up pretty good...

pvp server for the win..

after awhile they did not ask much...

unless of course it was a raid that it was absolutely required... then I would do my part..

thing is back in them days a necro was more dps than any class on them long drawn out fights...but know one seemed to care lol../shrug

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 04:37:25 pm »

I was paying someones mage because I never keyed my necro and was having fun summoning random people that I knew who where not in WuD/AD/ or ...the other guild and watching people freak out in chat about the "invaders"

fun times..

lol i vaguely remember that, but I do remember the zone being so crowded. Musta been 300+ with AD/Wudan/MiM and then everyone going nuts in chat.
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 08:55:31 pm »

And now the current Wudan is crap, AD is gone and ASD TRIED to take AD as their abbreviation and now they are gone.
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 08:27:57 am »

Were you on RZ as well Brannyn?
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 06:02:52 am »

TZ, but I played on Zek until last year. AD disbanded shortly after the server merges, ASD slowly died off and their officers all got recruited into PDM and the remaining people left and have tried creating/recreating like 10 different guilds including Wudan. Last I checked the top guild is PDM and that's pretty much the only real raiding guild on zek.
I've been in KoS since about a year after the server merges.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 11:38:17 am »

The server merger was the worst thing ever for RZ.

I am not sure about the other servers but RZ was pretty healthy to that point with ad wudan and MIM all raiding and building... sure AD had a pretty heady lead in things but we all made it work.

after the merger I Just feel like we lost our sense of self.. not sure why.. I just stopped caring and left the game shortly after

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187