Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 05:44:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Possible return  (Read 6795 times)
krazycrakker

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2016, 01:15:41 pm »

I used to play ez a few years ago. I imagine things have changed and I'm wanting to get back into it. I'm not sure what my pc can take our not. 1.7 ghz quad(low end) 8 gig ram and 16 gig vram. So my main question. If I can get 6 up and running can I if I take my time explore most or all content?
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 01:31:05 pm »

Absolutely - This guide shows how to adapt EZ to accomodate lower or mid end PC's...

Also This or this wiki will get you up to speed on the changes.

Getting Started guide on setting up EZ

More importantly...

WELCOME BACK

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 01:34:44 pm »

Lol thank you darp. I seen rof2 and uf being mentioned. Which one is preferred vs abilities with the server staff?
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 01:38:22 pm »

Rain of Fear is the new one... lets you click items from inside bags among other things. Use that one unless it doesn't work for some reason. The links for download are in the getting started guide

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 01:40:05 pm »

The only real software thing that the staff (e.g. Hateborne and Akkadius) doesn't like is using Macroquest other than the basic one Here (use the classic build, not other fancy plugins)

For instance MQ2Melee plugin is not allowed. But it's not included in Classic build, so as long as you just download the classic build, you have nothing to worry about.

krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 01:45:13 pm »

Lol that was gonna be my next question. I remember making full fight initiation custom macro but then I had to sustain the fights via bct/bca/bcaa to be active. Is that still allowed? 
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 01:51:01 pm »

Depends what you mean by MACRO - if you literally mean macro then probably not allowed. If you mean hotbutton, then probably yes allowed.

Any sort of single hotbutton is allowed, unless you're linking hotbuttons to other hotbuttons. You'd have to let Hateborne directly answer that question.

krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 01:55:00 pm »

Pull with war. Click macro that moves the other 5 I to position and does /attack or very first heal then /end macro and then I'm button mashing from there. Allows for more time to deal with unexpected add
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:10 pm »

Having a button that tells your team to attack is perfectly fine
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 03:51:37 pm »

Pull with war. Click macro that moves the other 5 I to position and does /attack or very first heal then /end macro and then I'm button mashing from there. Allows for more time to deal with unexpected add

You can simply do this same thing through hotkeys without actually running a macro....practice safe MQ2ing.

krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 03:56:19 pm »

Yes I can but in order to do it I need to link 3 hot keys together (maybe 2) to get same thing which locks the tank from responding to the fubar pull for a split second which can mean life and ranger gate
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 04:59:33 pm »

Hotbutton Examples

Here are some examples of hotbutton commands that come close to what you're saying, without macros

krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 07:03:37 pm »

Typically something like this:

Dru /tar war
Melee /assist war
Melee / stick 10 uw behind
Caster /assist war
Caster /melee off
Caster send pet
Caster /nuke
Dru /heal war
End macro

Then I button mash till fight is over
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 05:40:44 am »

From the rules in red on the left.

AMENDMENT #1: I am completely OK with minimal autoattack type setup for casters. Essentially, if you have a VERY minimal and highly basic auto attack method for casters, so they too can compete on a similar level with melee...THIS IS FINE! If you set it up where the casters continually assist, on their own, which frees you up to make a sandwich, mow the yard, or otherwise step away....THIS IS *NOT* OK! I am ok with a puppetmaster approach where a tank can, like a puppetmaster, pull strings to perform a basic action. The puppetmaster does not have the ability to pull one string to make a puppet dance, shake, follow, and perform autonomously...neither shall you. -Hate
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:19:31 am by Leis » Logged

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 09:19:12 am »

Yea I read the rules but they are pretty vague. You can do this but not this but this is accepted... It states that we can make them perform basic actions. So if I want to make life easy and I follow the same fighting style each fight I can make a ton of small macros or hot buttons as long as I have to initiate them on each stage
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)