Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 09:21:58 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 2-10-2015  (Read 9557 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2016, 04:30:56 pm »

Hello everyone!

We've updated server code to the latest which has a variety of fixes that we've needed to get in place, we also need to get to the bottom of some crashes that have been happening as of late so this will help us figure those out and eliminate them. Mainly we've been seeing a crash with health marquees that all of a sudden started happening as of recent so I will figure out what is occurring there and fix it so we can start using them once again.

As normal, if you notice anything out of the ordinary, please report bugs and issues update related to this thread.

Changes:
  • Sunderock is now a static zone

Changelog:

== 02/10/2016 ==
Hateborne: Added FlatItemExtraSpellAmt rule (boolean) to allow SpellDmg on items to be added as raw damage versus scaled.

== 01/26/2016 ==
Uleat: Fix for Berserker 'Piercing' skill issues. Server Admins: If you run custom skill sets, this patch touches the code segments that you will need to modify if you have changed the default berserker 1H-/2H-piercing skill values.
Uleat (Daerath): Fix for precision-loss item weight conversions in older clients.
   - WARNING: YOU MUST RE-RUN SHARED_MEMORY.EXE BEFORE STARTING SERVER OR ITEM LOSS WILL OCCUR!
   - Note: Cmake must be re-run to include/exclude the required files

== 01/13/2016 ==
Kinglykrab: Modified #flag so you can refresh your target's account status (GM status level) without them having to relog.
   - Just target the person whose flag you want to refresh and type #flag.
Uleat: Added itemlink functionality to the #summonitem command. Current use is limited to extracting the item id from the link.
   - Invoking by item link '#summonitem Arrow' produces the same result as by item id '#summonitem 8005'

== 01/12/2016 ==
Athrogate: Adding ClearCompassMark() to Lua.
   - Lua didn't have ClearCompassMark().  Perl already had this.

== 01/12/2016 ==
Uleat: Fix for tradeskill containers remaining locked after a RoF+ client leaves. Intermediary fix for RoF+ clients accessing tradeskill containers when in use by another player (thanks Natedog!)

== 12/29/2015 ==
Akkadius: Implemented standardized zone controller scripts (Rule Zone, UseZoneController) Defaulted to true
   - When a zone boots, it will spawn an invisible npc by the name of zone_controller
   - Lua and Perl scripts can be represented with this npc as zone_controller.pl/lua
   - This NPC's ID is ruled be define ZONE_CONTROLLER_NPC_ID 10
   - Two EVENT's uniquely are handled with this NPC/controller (They only work with the zone_controller NPC)
      - EVENT_SPAWN_ZONE :: All NPC spawns in the zone trigger the controller and pass the following variables:
         $spawned_entity_id
         $spawned_npc_id
      - EVENT_DEATH_ZONE :: All NPC deaths in the zone trigger the controller event and pass the following variables:
         $killer_id
         $killer_damage
         $killer_spell
         $killer_skill
         $killed_npc_id

== 12/28/2015 ==
Kinglykrab: Added GetInstanceTimer() to Perl and Lua.
   - Added GetInstanceTimerByID(instance_id) to Perl and Lua.
   - Note: If you do not provide an instance id in the method it defaults to instance id 0 and returns 0 for time remaining.
   - Added UpdateZoneHeader(type, value) to Perl and Lua.
   - Note: UpdateZoneHeader allows you to manipulate fog color, fog density, and many other zone header settings on the fly in Perl and Lua.

== 12/21/2015 ==
Natedog: Updated item table fields and added a few missing fields for evolving items
   -DO NOT implement Heirloom items till the inventory code is fixed to allow placing NO DROP
      items in your shared bank. (but item field located on items table)
   -NYI - SkillModMax: Max skill point modification from the percent mods. EX:
      100% 2HSlashing (Max 50) - can only increase 2hslash by 50 MAX! (item field located though)
Kinglykrab: Added GetMeleeMitigation() for NPCs and Clients in Perl and Lua.
   - This allows you to check total item, spell, and AA melee mitigation contribution.

== 12/19/2015 ==
Kinglykrab: Added many methods to Perl and Lua, list below:
   - SeeInvisible()
   - SeeInvisibleUndead()
   - SeeHide()
   - SeeImprovedHide()
   - GetNimbusEffect1() - returns first nimbus effect
   - GetNimbusEffect2() - returns second nimbus effect
   - GetNimbusEffect3() - returns third nimbus effect
   - IsTargetable()
   - HasShieldEquiped()
   - HasTwoHandBluntEquiped()
   - HasTwoHanderEquiped()
   - GetHerosForgeModel() - returns int32 Hero's Forge model
   - IsEliteMaterialItem() - returns uint32 Hero's Forge Model
   - GetBaseSize() - returns Mob's base size
   - HasOwner()
   - IsPet()
   - HasPet()
   - IsSilenced()
   - IsAmnesiad()

== 12/16/2015 ==
Noudess: Repaired issue with Bind Wounds on someone else.  Message was not coming out on client (hold still) and a bind wounds on someone already binding their wounds would interrupt their bind and make them stand.  Also removed some duplicate messaging.

== 12/14/2015 ==
Kinglykrab: Added IsBlind() and IsFeared() functionality to Perl and Lua.
   - Note: Both methods are Mob methods and may be used on NPCs or PCs.
Natedog: Added Discipline functions, UpdateInstanceTimer function, and UnmemSpellBySpellID to lua and perl
   -Examples: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Pastebin&Paste=BJ0ygmNM

== 12/07/2015 ==
Uleat: Command aliases are no longer handled through the command_add() function.
   - To add a command alias, edit the database table `command_settings` - here, you will find three columns: `command`, `access` and `aliases`
   - Adding command aliases require that the command contain an entry in `command_settings`.`command`
   - Only 'real' commands go inside of the command_init() function in command.cpp .. if you wish to add aliases, you must enter them into the database
   - 'Real' commands are loaded first .. then any access/alias data is loaded and applied afterwards
   - Duplicate aliases will be ignored .. only the first encountered occurrence will be honored - if it does not conflict with an existing command name
   - Aliases should not contain whitespace and should be '|' (pipe) delimited
   - The restriction on the number of aliases has been removed .. though each alias will still be limited to the access level of the parent command
   - If you need need more name space for aliases, simply edit the `command_settings` table and increase the size of the `aliases` column
   - The old `commands` table has been renamed to `commands_old` for reference
   - All of the current 'standard' commands have been added to the new `command_settings` table

- YOU WILL NEED TO VERIFY/IMPORT OLD ACCESS VALUES AS THIS CHANGE REVERTS ALL COMMAND ACCESS VALUES TO THEIR PEQDB DEFAULTS

== 11/30/2015 ==
Uleat: Changed criteria for a few bots scripts from count to null/not null in hopes of fixing special case failures

== 11/22/2015 ==
Uleat: Fix for loginserver project compile failure

== 11/7/2015 ==
Akkadius: Implemented #repopclose [distance in units] - Used for development purposes, defaults to 500 units
   - Real case use: Large zones with 700 NPC's and you are making fast quick tweaks to nearby NPC's you can refresh just the NPC's around you instead of all in the zone
   - This can be quite the time saver
   - This command will depop all NPC's and only respawn the NPC's that are 500 units around you or unless you specify otherwise

EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:43:57 pm »

== 11/7/2015 ==
Akkadius: Implemented #repopclose [distance in units] - Used for development purposes, defaults to 500 units
   - Real case use: Large zones with 700 NPC's and you are making fast quick tweaks to nearby NPC's you can refresh just the NPC's around you instead of all in the zone
   - This can be quite the time saver
   - This command will depop all NPC's and only respawn the NPC's that are 500 units around you or unless you specify otherwise

I will pay 5 plat for this ability:)

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:21:55 am »

Seems like many of the spawns in T10 have stopped working. Entire areas of the zone have been vacant since reboot (specifically the northern orc camp). The south to north roaming orcs aren't spawning and the giant gnoll/orc battle mobs aren't spawning. Plagueborns, chests, traps, open portals have stopped as well.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:36:30 am by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 12:29:23 pm »

Think spawns are borked with new server code

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »

so you are saying its less laggy and overpopulated with mobs?Smiley

perfect!

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 08:57:51 pm »

Also, spelldmg on items ACTUALLY works now!

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 10:14:23 pm »

T-10 spawns are still borked at 23:14 on 2-11-16

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 06:12:07 am »

Left toons in t10 all night when i got up no orcs were in north section at all.....maybe after server reset it will be right?
 Huh

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 02:44:23 pm »

Left toons in t10 all night when i got up no orcs were in north section at all.....maybe after server reset it will be right?
 Huh

Looks like the new zonecontroller entity is not wanting to spawn. Debugging now.

-Hate

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 01:17:58 pm »

T10 BoB has no loot...killed orcs for hours and have yet to get a Thundercracker to spawn (and yes I know how to spawn it just not giving that info away on forums) mobs are spawning and running north and sarnaks are running where they are suppose to go for the fight but something else fishy is going on  Huh

Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 01:32:18 pm »

T10:

No Venombite from trigger, and I hear Orc Thundermaker hasn't spawned either. Stepping through an open portal after emote and not being ported.

Denzig <STONE>
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 04:42:42 pm »

Not that this makes me sad AT ALL, but havent had a trap spawn since you made the correction to the zone controller either...dont know if that gives you some added info for the problem....of course if you could fix the others and nix the traps then that would be cool too...although I have a feeling you would flip me off faster than take that suggestion HAHAHAHA  Grin

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 09:31:03 pm »

Ok, fixed this. It was an issue of the change to the zone_controller NPC with source update.

-Hate

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081