Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 05:50:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: 3 man crew  (Read 10338 times)
krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 12:50:57 pm »

I was thinking war/pal/clr for the buff and added heals or replace clr with nec for dot grp heals
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 01:48:52 pm »

well, personally I like to have that DPS factor in there, low maintenance DPS toon, that's why I said I would lean towards a rogue or monk or another great choice is zerker like someone said. Zerker would give you that DPS and the AE damage for multiple mobs

krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 02:09:22 pm »

I could do war monk pal i have those 3 already
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 12:09:57 am »

Since you're trying to minimize your group you can't beat a warrior for a tank. Solid mitigation and very high tanking dps. Paladin is solid auto attack heals with minimal fuss. Single target dps will work great until T5, from that point on you will start to want aoe damage from a zerker or a necro. I would stick with the zerker as its far simpler and should be easier for your system to handle.

Take your time, read the wiki, make sure you keep your charms maxed, and if you have trouble breaking into a tier ask for help.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 07:22:54 am »

While I do not discredit the entire paladin tank method, or SK tank method. I truly believe there is a point in the game where the warrior becomes far superior to both paladins and shadowknights as the main tank.

Can they do it? yes
Is it the best idea for this game? not in my opinion

I think that Warrior/Paladin/Zerker is going to be your best option. I think with some time and patience you will be able to achieve some good gains.

Plus, this community is notorious for showing favor towards good players with good attitudes that put in the effort on their own. There are a lot of secret santa players here that will be willing to lend a hand if you show you are willing to put in the effort $$

Take the bull by the horns and prove your 3 man team can go all the way

shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 11:16:58 am »

If your using MQ2, I would suggest checking if your loading mq2fps.  It helps quite a bit.

Tobin/Soraken
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 01:15:00 pm »

T5 is a massive step from T4. Everything changes. But then T6 is a quantum leap from T5....then T7 is...not that different in terms of mob challenge. Then we get to T8...and the whole thing goes in the shitter Cheesy When trash start whacking you for 400K and named mobs start hitting for 7 figures base, the inferior base evasion and mitigation knights get compared to warriors takes a toll....and thats before you even consider the massive difference in stonewall a warrior gets. SK seem to do a bit better than a pally in T8 and they still often can have a hard time. Fortunately T9 really isnt much harder than T8 (easier in some ways). Trash hits 500Kish base, big named of course a hell of a lot harder.

All in all, if you want a seat of your pants, worrid you might die every other pull, tank with the SK. If you just love rezzing, tank with the pally. If you want to make the challenge not so much "can I survive this mob?" but rather, "Can I pull 80 of these and live?" go warrior.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 01:31:12 pm by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 01:58:49 pm »

Thank you all for the info.

Not sure about fos ill check that. And im gonna be doing some narly hours at work next two weeks then ill be getting my hands dirty lol thank you again
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)