Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 01:13:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: QVIC IS BULLSHIT  (Read 23533 times)
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2010, 04:03:13 pm »

I may log on this weekend, and if i do i'll shoot you a tell and come help out if you'd like me to.
Balthor2
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2010, 04:06:21 pm »

I needed a roa 50 back in the day to not "balthor rage" every time I went into the zone, just every time some idiot wouldnt keep up in the caves and would die or train 15 trash mobs onto us while /yell.
ahh those were the days, almost miss Bofry.

You say the boss was one rounding you, that is an issue, if you got logs showing it please post em. Maybe something happened with all the changes of late and no one really noticed it.
I know that with my hp I dont even look at how hard these hit as its nothing to me, however if I only had 20khp it would matter a lot.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2010, 05:15:03 pm »

I don't really get the hate for qvic, other than the fact you can't realistically do it with appropriate-geared chars...

The fact that you have trouble with it with toons in full ldon armor with 2.5s annoys me, but I would probably work through that if it wasn't such a painful place to wipe in.  Clearing all the trash at the beginning when I had to single pull most of it just took forever, and then wiping on a boss right after that just sucked because the entrance would be all respawned by then.  Also, once you're in you kinda have to finish the whole run unless you want to clear again when you come back.  Just a tiring place for me.

In the end my group of toons didn't have much success in there until I got a 3.0 on my pally from a friend running me through and I added a warrior and cleric to my lineup.
Balthor2
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2010, 05:27:13 pm »

I remember doing it with what ended up being Epic Fail and how horrible it was. I remember we failed hard and I had full LDON +2.5 on Balthor and my cleric Sloched.
After several fail runs I ran into a really cool guy that was seeking a chain bp.
At that time Illamour was doing qvic for hours every day and I responded to his ooc for people to come join him. Boxed his cleric for him until we got my cleric a 3.0.
A cleric 3.0 at that time was basically required if you were on tier and wanted to do more then one full clear for tokens.
I was using stonewall on every pull and we had Shylo sicking his mage pet on the adds as they came up and it was fun but frustrating.
Qvic has always been a zone that if you were on tier it was really really really hard to do.
Most people RoA to 35+ before they even finished qvic because it was that hard.
After getting a cleric 3.0 I got my warrior his sword to keep the clerics alive because when add's spawned they would eat one.
It was slow going using two warriors and two clerics and only being able to run two dps through in the group.

By the time we got Illamour that chain bp we managed to 3.0 about 30 characters in <Epic Fail>

Now if I was to do it again I would 3.0 a paladin first then go from there.
In fact with how crappy qvic is for those on tier if people want I will set aside a couple hours a week or every other week and do qvic runs for tokens. With armor drop rate I wont stick around to get people full armor but I'll see if I can get a few people 3.0 that need the help.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2010, 11:24:14 am »

That's pretty cool of you to do Balthor.  Good man. 

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2010, 11:45:53 pm »

UPDATE--

I AM F'ING DONE WITH QVIC.

that is all Smiley

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2010, 11:47:11 pm »

Had no problem killing all the other bosses except Aganutty or Agabuttnugget or whatever.  I guess he's the boss... boss...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 57
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)