Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:30:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: New Mini Dungeon (3-29-16)  (Read 26544 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2016, 05:30:14 pm »

New Mini Dungeon!

That's right, a new mini has been added! This should help with the monotony of farming for essences. It isn't an "easymode" zone, more of a farming alternative. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY advise you find friends as this zone is big, loaded, and scales to the highest level.

First, find the Miner in Nexus or Stone Hive. Follow his prompts to start a new expedition.

Once inside, move towards the first big tile to initiate the essence selector menu. It will let you farm up to your highest level.

Please report problems/suggestions for this zone IN THIS THREAD, not in tells. Additionally, the newest spellfile is needed to adventure here!

New spell file (3-29-16) is now available!

-Hate
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:51:10 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 05:33:59 pm »

Awesome, looking forward to farm essences in this. Keep up with the amazing jobs!

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »

Coth is disabled, is that intentional?

Ninja is also disabled, not sure why.

Cleared about 2/3rds so far, zero loot. Mobs are T9 but using T10 mechanics.

Projection of tactics dropped nothing.

Got a GLS from trash and some SLS/GLS and plat bags from a boss.

Next boss had SLS/GLS and plat.

Projection of power dropped a plat bag.

109 mobs left and we found our first essence.

Projection of Realms dropped 2 plat bags.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:42:36 pm by Leis » Logged

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 11:28:12 pm »

Coth is disabled, is that intentional?

Ninja is also disabled, not sure why.

Blitz through, Ninja, CoH. Murder, loot. Blitz through more, Nina, CoH. Murder, Loot. Rinse & repeat until completion.

Cleared about 2/3rds so far, zero loot. Mobs are T9 but using T10 mechanics.

Projection of tactics dropped nothing.

Got a GLS from trash and some SLS/GLS and plat bags from a boss.

Next boss had SLS/GLS and plat.

Projection of power dropped a plat bag.

Projections have highest essence chance (can be MUCH higher). Minibosses are the loot mongers, if it rolls favorably.

109 mobs left and we found our first essence.

The two testers saw some. One had 4, other had 2 (I think).

-Hate

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 11:54:34 pm »

I would be fine with ninja being disabled but coth is killing me. Can we enable coth but remove its ability to memblur here? To many tight turns with lots of things to catch on, and with leashed bosses I have to move my group to the far corners of the map.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 12:18:38 am »

Finished the zone and the only loot I got at all was from the final boss, zero off any of the minis or projections.  Final boss dropped 5 GLS, 1 essence and a bunch of gems.  It was a lot of rezzing alts, but was a fun run through with level appropriate challenge and the last boss had a few surprises that I won't spoil.  All that said, unless there's a substantial bump in loot chances I'm not sure how this does anything to offer an alternate avenue for viably farming essences. It's a good start though for sure.
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 12:59:19 am »

Finished up as well and as Dim noted, its a challenge but not really worth the time for the reward. We got 2 essences a handful of plat bags and about 5 SLS. I also had an issue with the members of my group who died in the final fight not getting credit for the final boss, so they didn't get a reward.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 01:01:57 am »

I made sure I did /say #e tasksync before final hail to avoid that problem, not sure if there's a good list of #e commands in game or not but I remember someone telling me about the tasksync one.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 01:29:40 am »

That's bad. It was working gloriously during testing. I'll manually run it a few times tomorrow to see if i can pinpoint the issue on why sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't giving loot.

-Hate

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 10:17:47 am »

I lost 3 from my first group at the start of the fight, and they ended up as the 3 without credit. Alesana was there with me in the second group and died at the end of the fight but got credit. Not sure if that helps but that was the only differences I saw, hope it helps.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 11:23:09 am »

I lost 3 from my first group at the start of the fight, and they ended up as the 3 without credit. Alesana was there with me in the second group and died at the end of the fight but got credit. Not sure if that helps but that was the only differences I saw, hope it helps.

Final boss or a Projection?

-Hate

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 11:27:54 am »

Final Boss.

Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 12:10:56 pm »

Aye, when he spawned his buddies I guess I took more of them at first from my AE procced before leis's i guess, then eventually died - I got credit for him on Alesana while she was still in stone hive...but oddly enough Leis didn't get the credit when he finished the final boss off.

Would love to see coth enabled with how big that zone is. It's terrible to navigate your other 5 characters through those corners (it's a huge headache as it is and with it dropping so little loot/essences or whatever it makes it that much much worse of a grind imo)...I'd also comment and would encourage to keep all the bosses Tethered, keep ninja disabled, and disable the memblur from cothing in the zone like leis said.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 12:14:57 am »

CoH should be enabled in new instances.

-Hate

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 12:22:27 am »

Awesome!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061