Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 03:45:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Quality of Life Suggestions  (Read 23897 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2016, 05:00:18 pm »

To OP:

EZ is filled with folks who forget how hard it is to progress the first time (cough Orthanos), completely without the knowledge or the uber support team or the UW(s) or the buffs or the uber guild to help them. You won't get much sympathy from most folks.

My guild is a great guild but doesn't help me progress...my progress is due to being a self motivated individual.  Maybe if you got on board with that mindset you would progress too....

the "uber support team" is something I built up on my own. If you havent noticed i have been playing since what 2009 or so...so it has taken a few YEARS to get to where I am....I don't play 24/7 because I have a JOB and a FAMILY so it can be done....just don't expect it to be something done overnight.

Also "no knowledge" holy crap you have got to be joking! There is a wiki and TONS of info on this server for people who WANT to learn about it...

Once again stop throwing sticks and spend your energy being productive...and try less to be a bitch.  mkay?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:03:15 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2016, 05:16:01 pm »

To OP:

EZ is filled with folks who forget how hard it is to progress the first time (cough Orthanos), completely without the knowledge or the uber support team or the UW(s) or the buffs or the uber guild to help them. You won't get much sympathy from most folks.

My guild is a great guild but doesn't help me progress...my progress is due to being a self motivated individual.  Maybe if you got on board with that mindset you would progress too....

the "uber support team" is something I built up on my own. If you havent noticed i have been playing since what 2009 or so...so it has taken a few YEARS to get to where I am....I don't play 24/7 because I have a JOB and a FAMILY so it can be done....just don't expect it to be something done overnight.

Also "no knowledge" holy crap you have got to be joking! There is a wiki and TONS of info on this server for people who WANT to learn about it...

Once again stop throwing sticks and spend your energy being productive...and try less to be a bitch.  mkay?

This guy can't make an argument without personal attacks. Not sure why anyone takes you seriously.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2016, 05:33:29 pm »

GT, just stop. I know you have issues with anyone wearing the FH tag, or anyone who doesnt agree with your views,,,,we get it. Get over it.

And the personal attack comment swings both ways.

The bottom line is the easier you make the game, the more time sinks you remove, the less time it takes to get to top tier. When you do that the tendency is to play less, or stop playing at all. This leads to less people playing who actively GIVE a shit about the server, and more of the "Well, P99 is down I'll make a ranger and go solo for a few minutes.....oh, look! EZ Server! I bet thats right up my alley!"

Granted some of those players end up sticking and falling in love with the place, but they are the exception, not the rule. The more player churn we have, the less the quality of the population....the worse the community. It makes for a poorer server than it could be. Hunter knew this, and knew that balancing between this and the other end of the spectrum wasnt easy. Akk and Hate do too....and like Hunter they also make mistakes. Part of the "job" of the playerbase is to give feedback, and that feedback wont always agree.

Again....get over it. And the personal attack comment swings both ways.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2016, 05:39:40 pm »

GT, just stop. I know you have issues with anyone wearing the FH tag, or anyone who doesnt agree with your views,,,,we get it. Get over it.

And the personal attack comment swings both ways.

The bottom line is the easier you make the game, the more time sinks you remove, the less time it takes to get to top tier. When you do that the tendency is to play less, or stop playing at all. This leads to less people playing who actively GIVE a shit about the server, and more of the "Well, P99 is down I'll make a ranger and go solo for a few minutes.....oh, look! EZ Server! I bet thats right up my alley!"

Granted some of those players end up sticking and falling in love with the place, but they are the exception, not the rule. The more player churn we have, the less the quality of the population....the worse the community. It makes for a poorer server than it could be. Hunter knew this, and knew that balancing between this and the other end of the spectrum wasnt easy. Akk and Hate do too....and like Hunter they also make mistakes. Part of the "job" of the playerbase is to give feedback, and that feedback wont always agree.

Again....get over it. And the personal attack comment swings both ways.

Not gonna get into a debate on this, and I don't have an issue with anyone in FH except Raygan.

There's a difference between saying you disagree with someone and calling someone a bitch.

I have nothing against you or anyone else in FH having Raygan's back. I still won't pretend I don't disagree with him - and I'm just tired of his rants against newer players. It gets old. Creates a bad culture.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 06:41:27 pm »

I have not had a negative word against new players. I have an issue with dumbing down the server to make it easier. I do though, have a problem with you, constantly bringing my name into the mix to stir up your soap opera like drama....so if I call you a bit ch and you don't like it then stop acting like one.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2016, 07:37:42 pm »

The "new players have it too easy" flame has been going on since I was a Noobie (and I'm sure before then).

And... believe it or not, the level of FLAMING between players in forums has dramatically decreased over the past year or two (which is a good thing) (RIP Maslow)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:45:57 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2016, 07:56:55 pm »

Look I am white privileged

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2016, 08:50:10 pm »

I'm gonna change my siggy to Orthanos' most hateful hater cuz he's the worst.

edit: added  Grin
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:56:39 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2016, 08:58:25 pm »

Grin

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2016, 09:00:46 pm »

Offended and annoyed are two different things  Tongue

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2016, 09:08:19 pm »

To OP:

Personally I know it's still extremely hard to progress on EZ without a lot of help - especially in T5. In the past I've advocated for things like this because I believe the grind and bad RNG turns off a lot of folks. That said, just keep pressing, join a guild if you haven't already, and eventually you will progress. If you think early tiers are hard you will hate T5. Feel free to hit me up in game if you need anything.

To those folks who beat EZ and claim it's too easy now (the wealthy blind), I always say the same thing: drop your guild and friends, and start a crew of 6 or 12 truly from scratch on EZ. Don't gear them up or buff them. Don't bring your UW toons to help or any toons. Work the game up to T10 the way it's built for folks who are truly new. Then, while you progress, keep in mind it's still 10x harder for new folks who don't have your knowledge base and deep experience on the server. Since this will never happen, we will never know how hard the server is for first timers in any given month or year. Meanwhile, for the love of god, don't forget about all the perks we've had for YEARS which these newbies will never know, the same stuff we've called game breaking (generally not me) which has benefitted many of us tremendously.

Waraesh moved up quickly, but he had help like all of us, and for a while he played what seemed like every single day. I couldn't log on without seeing him on. Outliers are not the norm on EZ. The norm are folks who give up before or in T5. Even Waraesh admits it was hard to keep his sanity sometimes. Does that sound easy?  Kiss

Good luck, have fun, don't stress and make sure you ask for help.

You do realize Orthanos is the first person in Focus Hope be in full T10 without the support of the guild... just sayin
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 09:09:29 pm »

Never said anything about him in T10. Was talking about bringing up new toons.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2016, 08:24:36 am »

Never said anything about him in T10. Was talking about bringing up new toons.

Why would i do that? I did it when server was MUCH harder than it is now.  When all the info wasn't at a mouse click away.  Back when there wasn't the available over powered buffs that there are now. The point is it all depends on a person's drive as to how far they are willing to go. Once again, my point, no need to dumb down the server to make people stay.

Vorthis

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 09:18:36 am »

I  didn't mean to start a fight with my original post. It was just my experience as a new player and what I perceive as flaws in the game mechanics for progression. Arbitrary time sinks just for the sake of being arbitrary doesn't add anything to the game, in fact it will indeed turn new players off. Even if you added a merchant that sells the gear, and put points. tokens whatever on the mobs through the tiers where at least you "feel" like your time invested payed off would make a huge difference. at least you could SEE that you were progressing instead of it just being random luck to get the drops you needed. I dont want to burn through a tier in a day. Yet again this was never my intent for the original point. but if you have to farm 1k mobs per piece of gear at least you could look at it and say, alright ive got 500 x things so far, just another 500 to get that item. and it would make sense. the same way that the UW, UC, Shield of Ages and tons of other items are set up. same way as collecting AA to upgrade your Ring of the Ages. Im just saying that relying on luck is not good game design. nor is adding in time sinks that everyone shares along the investment. I know everyone brings up t5 as a "well if you are having troubles previous to this, then you will quit when you hit t5."
My response is no, at least in t5 I have a Shining goal that I can track my progress with the 100 bosses needed to be killed, regardless of how long it takes. not a cross my fingers and pray like hell that my item drops from x mob.
Vorthis

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 09:25:39 am »

Also, as to the point of dedication to the game and putting time in. I have played every single day for the past two months. 18, Fighter/caster guild flags, 18 level 50 charms, 4 UC's, Fully geared 18 up to t4, multiple shield of ages, 3.0's on all 18 characters and trying to finish up my complete t4 so i can move into t5. It's not lack of dedication or willingness to put in the time and effort into the game. My issue stems solely on using Luck and RNG to progress.

The thing about losing players, what is the benefit of getting more players to stick around? for all intents and purposes this is a solo player game with box armies, there is no need to rely on others except for higher end players to not have to farm as much by buying items from lower players and in return helping those younger players with the massive plat sink that they have from the get go.

I truly don't want EZ to be easy. I love challenge, I crave it. I do not want to be one of those entitled players who think I deserve something just for logging in. Regardless, even if it doesnt change, I will still be here, chugging along because I do enjoy this server and the poeple on it. and in the end, as long as I am having fun that is all that matters.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:00:52 am by Vorthis » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 111
  • Online Ever: 8678