Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 03:31:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Cracking Qvic...  (Read 22183 times)
swamphy

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2010, 06:39:38 am »

Qvic is a tough nut to crack. It's a raid zone that is nearly impossible to get a group in, much less organize a raid. And the groups you do get in qvic, can rarely do bosses without wiping.

I need some advice.

I've been building up a warrior, in hopes that I can do qvic boxed. This is what Ive got:

dual 3.0 Warrior, most qvic gear (missing BP and arms which are PoTime)
duel 3.0 Bard, full qvic gear
duel 3.0 Monk, full qvic with some Tacvi and Some PoD gear
2.5 Cleric with PoTime/Ldon gear

My current problem is, a 2 pull on Qvic entrance mobs can wipe my Tank faster than the cleric can cast vivification. How is he going to tank a Qvic boss when he can't handle a 2 pull??

[In contrast I've seen a single 3.0 Beast Lord pet handle eat multiple Qvic mobs like butter]

What should I do next to be able to box qvic?

1. Beg/hire people to help me gear up the warrior with Tacvi/PoD?
2. Farm a Ldon BP for the warrior?
3. Do I need more than 4 toons?

Can anyone offer me some direction here? What should be my next goal, in the quest to crack qvic?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:16:47 am by swamphy » Logged
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:02:47 am »

Concentrate on your  warr, he is the key forget more chars for now, you have enough easily.

1) Go to pod and look for rot anger aug drops.
2) Work on RoA for warr
3) Work on Sorc charm for warr
4) Look for Tacvi rot bits, there is always some.
and try again.

Its a shitter to have to scavange but be nice to people and ask politley and you wont have a problem as long as you dont just loot mobs.

Get a few Sorc upgrades from LDoN and anger augs and you will cut through them like melted butter Smiley
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 07:04:32 am by PORTIS » Logged
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:12:36 am »

Or join a guild that regularly wrecks qvic tacvi and T1, there are plenty that are recruiting 3.0 chars, ours included:)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 08:41:57 am »

also a 3.0 on cleric helps, but im assuming thats the reason you're in Qvic to begin  with. In case you can live for a WoV, extra heal % is good

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 09:25:54 am »

Thanks for the advice father Portis. I may take you up on applying for your guild.

Epic 3.0 cleric isn't much use when 2 mobs are doubling 2700+ hits on the tank and wipe the group before the first heal goes off. But yes, I am working on getting a 3.0 for the cleric and then another 2.0 or 2.5.

Think I'll focus on the warrior for a while. I've seen some amazing warriors coming out of the tiers. Would love to have one of those.

Cheers  Smiley
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:06 am »

We have a small guild that is made of about 4-5 boxers.
We regularly run LDON/Qvic/Tacvi etc and always looking for others.
Send me a tell in game or Crzybiyarch, we can hook you up with an invite or just hang out with us in Qvic/POD/Tacvi for a night or two.
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 09:48:03 am »

It brings a tear to my eye seeing my son branch out, I remember when he was only 2 or 3(level) and just learning to walk. Now hes got a guild of his own and making his way in the world.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 09:50:10 am »

It brings a tear to my eye seeing my son branch out, I remember when he was only 2 or 3(level) and just learning to walk. Now hes got a guild of his own and making his way in the world.

makes a father all teary eyed no doubt

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 01:08:45 pm »

I still need to update the source again which should fix some of the ac problems. The last update was on 06/16.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 02:15:47 pm »

thanks hunter...i knew something was up with the zone. its noticable to us non POD outfitted folk

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 12:18:47 am »

lol, thanks dad.
for the record, its not my guild at all Smiley
Its Strawbri's but he is working in RL currently.
Darkest

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 02:33:38 am »

I also struggled to handle Qvic, but finally managed to break through here's how...

Box:
1 War 2x3.0's (no-augs)
1 Cle (Epic not-required, but loaded with mana regen augs if non 3.0)
1 Bst  2x3.0 (plus 1x2.0 for clicky in inv)
1 Dru 2.5 (or 3.0 - but works at 2.5) - used just for the clicky regen (was helping out even with just a 2k regen on war)

Create for your Cleric an in-game macro with /cast1, /pause xx, /cast1, pause xx etc - this lets your cleric 'spam-heal' warrior for a short time, while you focus on controlling the bst (or dps), then return to cleric to re-click your macro.

War has approx 20-21k hps!  send in war, 3.0's grab aggro quite quickly and they spam cyclone too which grabs adds.   Use the bst pet (or other DPS) to tear down mobs wailing on your warrior (they drop fast with pet).

The main thing I'm doing different to OP is that I dont spam heal Wave of Vivication, instead I use the single heal (Ancient:something) which casts quicker - if done right, the only person needing heals at this stage  should be your warrior, rampage damage if any is minor on the bst and manageable, so no need for Group Heals.

Hope any of the above helps, it helped get my toon-army started on the road through Qvic (also works well with Tacvi so far)

Darkest
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 03:02:48 am »

I did qvic with 3 toons with ldon gear and 2.5's. No macs, no hax. When I first started on this server I could only 3 box max with the pc I had and even that was pushing it. I died a lot, and it was slow going, but it was doable.

The strategy for the trash is pretty easy to figure out, pull, set (mobs back to dps, pet class is best), heal, send in pet, heal, done. The heals were direct heals unless a gheal was needed. The bosses and their adds were a different story. Pull, set/stonewall, heal, send in pet. Then it gets different. Anytime you heal you have to pull the pet off in order to make sure adds don't spawn and gank your cleric. Heal lands, send in pet for another second or so till you need heal again. Make sure to burn the adds down just as soon as they spawn. Your not going to have the hp to handle the adds if you end up with multiple ones.

I know this may seem like a really simple strategy but you would be surprised at how many times I have seen people try to just burn the boss down and deal with the adds later, only to wipe over and over again.

Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 04:25:00 am »

I'll probably be online today for the first time in awhile. If Qvic is not horridly crowded I'll run some bosses for people to snag some rots since I need a couple armor pieces for poofed slots.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 06:00:51 am »

I know this may seem like a really simple strategy but you would be surprised at how many times I have seen people try to just burn the boss down and deal with the adds later, only to wipe over and over again.

LOL

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 84