Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 10:25:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: UW augs  (Read 8568 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:42:12 pm »

Are any new UW augs in the works?  For warrior you have a few slot 29 (Hatestomp/Thornshield/and one other) and slot 27 (Ultimate Protection). Nothing for slots 28 or 30.... Huh

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 02:57:19 pm »

Also since plat has hardly ZERO value in the game...to help boost the server economy, have all RoA hell levels require something like a Essence of Lesser Platinum (1 million plat to buy from vendor) and every 100 levels require an upgraded "Essence of platinum" that doubles in cost...Example (all RoA 1-100 hell levels  1 million plat) (all RoA 101-200 hell levels 2 million plat) (all RoA 201-300 hell levels 4 million plat) etc. etc.....Also EoN make it so that you have to buy a "seal" of types from vendor for say 2 million plat to make the EoN along with the drops from named....maybe that would help boost server economy and make plat worth something again? Just chew that over and let's discuss it.

Note: Sorry to grab Dim's/Chunka's ideas we were spit balling and throw on forums like this.  Grin

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 03:01:15 pm »

And to the naysayers......if Akk implements this idea I will HAPPILY agree to make it retroactive....in other words the item becomes unusable for me til I pay off what it would have cost me had it been this method from day 1.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 03:09:27 pm »

I don't think that any of the existing tradeskill stuff needs to be changed at all...wherever it is now, the recipes have been fucked with too many times already to inflate the costs now.  I wouldn't be opposed to another avenue for plat sinks that benefit players though.  Have a vendor that sells GLS/SLS for 3x whatever the going rate is in game...put AA crystals on the vendor and have them sold for plat as well at 3x the going rate, that way people would still be able to sell to other players but players would always have the option to pay more and get them on demand.  These ideas are just ideas being thrown around as suggestions to give plat a tangible value again, not a way to change the way progression already exists in the game.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 03:36:39 pm »

The problem with 3x the going rate it would drive the cost up of those same items and people would be steam rolling even more on building toons strike augs etc etc....maybe have another item made that uses plat to build....maybe shoulders or waist slot......

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 03:46:03 pm »

^ it wouldn't drive up the cost.

Keroth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 03:46:20 pm »

So then everyone will have to spend half their time farming SLS?Huh

I don't know what it's like at upper tiers but at T6 the only reliable way to make any plat even over a long time period is to farm and sell SLS.

I'm sorry but what you are proposing is just.... terrible.

Kaid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 11:01:59 pm »

4 Billion plat for RoA 1000? On one character? No thanks.

I do agree something should be done about the crazy amount of plat on the server, but that's going way too far.
Peign
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 12:13:24 am »

Additional UW augs would be nice if time permits.   If not, perhaps we could have the resist slots back?

Regarding the other ideas, interesting.   I still assert that the main problem on server is the XP mask.    It allows access to items that were meant to be worked on much much later.    Things evolve, gear becomes outdated, but ROA < T9 is wicked powerful. 

Plat wipe everyone to max 100,000,000 ftw!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 02:50:52 pm »

Regarding the other ideas, interesting.   I still assert that the main problem on server is the XP mask.    It allows access to items that were meant to be worked on much much later.    Things evolve, gear becomes outdated, but ROA < T9 is wicked powerful. 

I wish the xp mask/AA crystals/GSoA didnt drop until at least t7...well the mask you couldnt benefit from until t7....but hey I am called elitist by everone, not that I care, but it doesnt take long to get a toon into t7 AT ALL!

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 04:47:12 pm »

i would support UW augment for Tanks in the focus one could be use 2 style i will vote for ...

1. deff proc :DS with levels ( IA power )
= once of them is Tanks only able to use 2 Augments all other 3 augments
= it already exist it would be only adding in Focus useable like Ignore Death / Drop all Defense / other one ;P
= levels maybe crazy but fair for an around 10-15k DS not sure how powerful are IA from I - IV become exactly

or an altanativ

2. Heroeic Stats and Resistence for Tanks ( 10 / 100 ) per rank
= i know again ranks but u can make them useable for all to be fair and it isnt to OP when u getting Heroic Stats from +10 - +40 / and Heroic Resistence from +100 - +400
= we can call them Ultimate Heroic Augment

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 08:12:40 pm »

Also since plat has hardly ZERO value in the game...to help boost the server economy, have all RoA hell levels require something like a Essence of Lesser Platinum (1 million plat to buy from vendor) and every 100 levels require an upgraded "Essence of platinum" that doubles in cost...Example (all RoA 1-100 hell levels  1 million plat) (all RoA 101-200 hell levels 2 million plat) (all RoA 201-300 hell levels 4 million plat) etc. etc.....Also EoN make it so that you have to buy a "seal" of types from vendor for say 2 million plat to make the EoN along with the drops from named....maybe that would help boost server economy and make plat worth something again? Just chew that over and let's discuss it.

Note: Sorry to grab Dim's/Chunka's ideas we were spit balling and throw on forums like this.  Grin

I think its an excellent idea that people with max UWs and ROAs come up with as many ideas as possible for making those still working on those items as annoying as possible.

Then they won't have to deal with pesky people outside of their crew filling up /ooc with like.. stuff involving anything besides  t11 spitballs.

You honestly think EON isn't a pointless enough time sink as already implemented?

Seriously.. If it takes someone no longer working on UWs or ROAs to laugh at you to force you to look in the mirror and realize the sheer size of the douche canoe you are taking down the rapids.. Then yeah. I'll save Godank the effort of calling you out on this. Just stop. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:16:32 pm by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 08:33:33 pm »

Can't say I support any change to any old recipe.

Sucking plat off the server isn't a big concern to me I guess.

Adding shit that will annoy me will only do that.....be annoying to me and everyone else.

No, I don't want to go back and pay for all the shit I already have, no I don't want to pay plat on top of the quests that already in place and work fine just to get plat off the server for whatever reason.

No, I don't want to see our coding time put in by Akkadius being spent on redoing old shit that works perfectly fine and has for years.

Yes, I would like to see some more selection of UW Augments....that's about it here

Peign
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 08:34:29 pm »

Can't say I support any change to any old recipe.

Sucking plat off the server isn't a big concern to me I guess.

Adding shit that will annoy me will only do that.....be annoying to me and everyone else.

No, I don't want to go back and pay for all the shit I already have, no I don't want to pay plat on top of the quests that already in place and work fine just to get plat off the server for whatever reason.

No, I don't want to see our coding time put in by Akkadius being spent on redoing old shit that works perfectly fine and has for years.

Yes, I would like to see some more selection of UW Augments....that's about it here

Agree 100%
Goyuzund

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 08:42:06 pm »

add a big plat comp to any new UW augs poof goes all the top tier people's plat

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats