Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:39:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: T1 Plate Legs  (Read 29663 times)
Tuomo

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2010, 04:51:19 pm »

I've killed over 20 Ptahs now without a single plate leg drop. What is the point of this? It's insanity... why is the drop rate so low?
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 05:03:30 pm »

The drop rates aren't low you're just having shitty luck.

Why the fuck does EVERYONE think just because an item takes forever to get that the drop rate is set low? lrn2RNG before whining. The items are selected via the set percentages on the loot drop/loot table and a Random Number Generator (RNG). If an item doesn't drop for you often that simply means you're having shitty luck. I can tell you that there's been days before where plate legs dropped a lot.

Blood of the Akkadian
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 06:30:32 pm »

its the same rate (calculation) for each set, you just have crap luck.
Dont worry, im in the same boat, Ive had 5 pairs of chain and 4 pairs of leather
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 07:11:32 pm »

Ive gotten more cloth than i can remember...

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 07:13:14 pm »

Which is funny cause i rarely get cloth (except in T2 and even then it's only Wizzy/Chanter and sometimes Necro. Never Mage.) It's all luck. It's funny how fast people jump to the drop percentages.

Blood of the Akkadian
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 02:35:43 am »

In 242 T1 Tikis in the last three days we have spawned Ptah 31 times.  Based on there being 7 possible T1 bosses we've either been a bit lucky (assumes bracer mob is heavily weighted because you need two) or a bit unlucky (bracer boss has the same chance of popping as any mob in the zone.)  Out of the 31 times that we have killed Ptah we have had _one_ pair of T1 plate legs drop.  This isn't down to luck.  Our sampling size is large enough to rule out variance due to RNG.  We are hovering right around 1:7 or 1:8 on getting Ptah to spawn, but are 1:31 in getting plate leggings to drop.

Danyelle, since Femme left you've lacked someone to provide you your opinion.  If having some guidance would keep you from posting nonsense then let me be the first to offer it.  Quiet you -- adults are talking.
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 04:42:40 am »

Plate seems much rarer in all zones.

In the last two nights I have done 5 qvic runs for plate for my Warr and logged every armour drop. Tuesday:

Did 3 rounds+ multiple additional repeats:

Got 3 Plate: 2 Bracer and 1 Boots

Leather: 20+ no legs no BP

Cloth: 20+ 2 Robes no Legs

Chain: 20+ no legs no BP

Wednesday:

2 Rounds with multiple additional repeats

Plate: 2 BP(both from sandmonster) 2 Helms

Leather: 15+ no BP no Legs

Chain: 15+ no BP no legs

Cloth: 10+ no BP 1 legs

Is it just me or does plate (the servers biggest bottleneck) have a much reduced drop rate all round? The figures stack up, i will do another 3 tonight and add to this tomorrow.

I know there is shit luck but thats 7 plate drops out of approximatly 107 nameds. If it truely is random then figures would level out over large numbers. Here we have approx

35 leather
35 Chain
30 Cloth
7 Plate

Fuddles me!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:50:14 am by PORTIS » Logged
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 11:45:26 am »

In 242 T1 Tikis in the last three days we have spawned Ptah 31 times.  Based on there being 7 possible T1 bosses we've either been a bit lucky (assumes bracer mob is heavily weighted because you need two) or a bit unlucky (bracer boss has the same chance of popping as any mob in the zone.)  Out of the 31 times that we have killed Ptah we have had _one_ pair of T1 plate legs drop.  This isn't down to luck.  Our sampling size is large enough to rule out variance due to RNG.  We are hovering right around 1:7 or 1:8 on getting Ptah to spawn, but are 1:31 in getting plate leggings to drop.

Danyelle, since Femme left you've lacked someone to provide you your opinion.  If having some guidance would keep you from posting nonsense then let me be the first to offer it.  Quiet you -- adults are talking.
Why you such a hater?
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 11:51:37 am »

Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 12:13:33 pm »

It's all luck. It's funny how fast people jump to the drop percentages.

But RNG isn't really completely random and you know that. Also wasn't there an update to source code recently to improve the randomness of RNG?

I too have felt that Plate, particularly pants have been hard to come by. Some of the plate hate might be related to the likeleness in a group of having to gear usually more toons with plate (War/Cleric).

But I can also give anecdotes also such as getting 6  toons full T1 except War and Cleric who have yet to get pants. Even after seeing numerous duplicates for cloth/leather/chain.

It also took an extraordinary amount of time for my cleric to get plate pants in Qvic. I had basically all but given up after having taken 5 of my own (non-plate) toons created after cleric and numerous other people's toons to 3.0 and seeing no plate pants. I tried farming them for several hours and didn't see them drop until one day when I brought my cleric to heal for a guilde and two pairs of pants dropped in a row.

So yes there is some randomness, and no I haven't kept track of the statistical figures but I can say that my plate classes have always lagged behind. When I created my wizard 3 toons  and a lot of play time ater creating my cleric he had over 10k more hpts than my cleric 2 days after getting him to PoD.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 03:09:02 pm »

The truth of it is plate does have a lower drop rate.
A subset of that is the damn RNG hates everyone.

What really pist me off was when I was looking to refarm some chain and got 2x plate legs in a night and zero guild members online to loot them and some jackass was afking on one of my plate class bots that needed legs.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 04:04:32 pm »

The truth of it is plate does have a lower drop rate.
A subset of that is the damn RNG hates everyone.

What really pist me off was when I was looking to refarm some chain and got 2x plate legs in a night and zero guild members online to loot them and some jackass was afking on one of my plate class bots that needed legs.

Is it not like SoD (Shards, not Seeds), where if you log into a char who's currently online it knocks them off to server select?

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 04:12:55 pm »

Isn't there 5 plate users / 4 chain / 3 leather / 4 cloth iirc? If so wouldn't it make sense that plate drops more then anything else, but it seems in that it is actually dropping less? lol
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 04:23:33 pm »

First let me just say, thank you Yellowbird for basically calling me a child, it's nice to know you're not a complete jackass insulting people you don't even know....oh wait....

Second. It is entirely possible something other than RNG is affecting the outcome of armor drops now. I'll admit i've only been in PoD a few times since instancing went live but the times i was there i noticed fluctuating patterns of what nameds spawned and what those named dropped. For example the day instancing was released we had 2 or 3 glove mobs spawn in a row each with leather gloves and yesterday someone in our guild farming in PoD claimed to have popped iirc close to 9 Amuns almost consecutively and all but 1 or 2 of them dropped silk. It's not entirely impossible instancing changed something with the spawns. However prior to instancing i saw no issue with drop rates aside from what could be attributed to luck (good/bad or otherwise). Case in point being  2 days prior to instancing going live we had 90% of all drops in T1 turn up plate, 1 or 2 of those were legs as i recall. We also had a day AFTER instancing went live where we had a ton of plate drop, my gimp as hell bard ended up getting 3 or 4 drops in the 2 hour period we were there before leaving, and i don't give my bard anything unless it's absolutely going to rot.

tl;dr without any one actually coming in and posting "The drop rate for XXXXX item is XX%" then any numbers we post here are pure opinion, mine included, based upon past experiences in the zones and you have no right to insult me and call me a fucking child for posting what i have seen.

Blood of the Akkadian
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 04:35:30 pm »

First let me just say, thank you Yellowbird for basically calling me a child, it's nice to know you're not a complete jackass insulting people you don't even know....oh wait....

Second. It is entirely possible something other than RNG is affecting the outcome of armor drops now. I'll admit i've only been in PoD a few times since instancing went live but the times i was there i noticed fluctuating patterns of what nameds spawned and what those named dropped. For example the day instancing was released we had 2 or 3 glove mobs spawn in a row each with leather gloves and yesterday someone in our guild farming in PoD claimed to have popped iirc close to 9 Amuns almost consecutively and all but 1 or 2 of them dropped silk. It's not entirely impossible instancing changed something with the spawns. However prior to instancing i saw no issue with drop rates aside from what could be attributed to luck (good/bad or otherwise). Case in point being  2 days prior to instancing going live we had 90% of all drops in T1 turn up plate, 1 or 2 of those were legs as i recall. We also had a day AFTER instancing went live where we had a ton of plate drop, my gimp as hell bard ended up getting 3 or 4 drops in the 2 hour period we were there before leaving, and i don't give my bard anything unless it's absolutely going to rot.

tl;dr without any one actually coming in and posting "The drop rate for XXXXX item is XX%" then any numbers we post here are pure opinion, mine included, based upon past experiences in the zones and you have no right to insult me and call me a fucking child for posting what i have seen.

Just ignore yellows posts, its what I've been doing since most of his posts have made him look like a dipshit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 331
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)