Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:47:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Halloween and Doubles  (Read 20549 times)
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 04:45:21 pm »

Looks like "somebody" was slacking last year and "they" didn't get a picture of his inventory for the wiki.

My bad... I will add it once the zone opens up.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Peign
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 07:22:27 pm »

I wouldn't really rely on the current setup to run chains of spawned bosses too much.  I know I got into an /ooc dialogue with Hate regarding spawn rates of subsequent chain mobs in 2014 and he'd confirmed that each next boss was exponentially harder to spawn than the previous one.  He never offered up hard numbers, but I'll just use an arbitrary baseline to illustrate my point.

Let's say you popped CT off of trash and to spawn SM from him is a 1/10 chance.  The chance for the next boss spawn in the chain, IG, remains static at that 1/10 rate.  So to go from CT to IG is gonna be 1/100.  To go from CT to BU ends up being 1/1000, and so on.  From BU, you get Chilled Devil, from Chilled Devil you get Arcing Demon, from Arcing Demon you get Mistress of Flame and from Mistress of Flame you get Angryface.  As the rate remains static, to get from CT all the way to Angryface would be 1 in 10mil.

The way Hunter had it set up was with the chances of the next spawn in chain being higher as you got to higher bosses.  You would pop your Skeleton or Werewolf or w/e off of trash, then the mini gods like Mini Rallos would be like a 1/30 chance.  To get from Mini Rallos to CT was set to something like 1/20, CT to SM was 1/15 and SM to IG was 1/10ish.  Again, these are not hard numbers, merely illustrating the point that as you got deeper into the chains your chance to spawn the next boss is higher...because keeping it static makes it a retardedly rare chance to keep going.  Part of the fun of the old setup was that people in T1 and T2 gear could do the Undead mini and even the mini god bosses, but if they got a CT pop and got smoked they could just ask in /ooc for someone to come and help them.  People who were geared enough to help would jump at the chance to do it and split the loot with the lower tiered folks. If they were geared out in SM pets already and the person's CT chained into SM, the lower level toon would be able to loot the SM pet because the higher geared toon was only after IG pets.  You'd have the strike5's and scepter upgrades dropping too, generally the strikes either got split or given to the lower level person because the higher tiered person was only interested in the scepter upgrade.  It was far more social and communal, you'd be farming greens trying to start a chain of your own and see the emote in chat about SM spawning and kinda stop and wait to see if someone asked for help or if they got IG to emote spawning and needed help with that.  It was fun to jump from one person's instance to another's to kill CT's, SM's and IG's and everyone involved benefited from it.

The current setup is nice though, you get a shitload of plat drops and fight level relevant mobs for decent exp.  Farming greens with jack shit for loot unless you popped a chain made my eyes bleed, but it was pretty exhilarating to run a decent chain into SM or even IG.  The current setup allows you to be able to force spawn deeper chain mobs based on the level of the mobs in zone and kill rate, so it's nice to be able to know if you put in X amount of time, you have a good chance to get X reward.  I like the quests too, you can grind them out to be able to purchase the pets even if you don't get any good chain runs.  The only thing I'd adjust about the current setup is making deep chains far more possible to run, this static setup is quite frankly lame.

Halloween that Hunter implemented in 2013 was excellent.    Going to the creepy zones and spawning boss chains was really fun.   As Dimurwar pointed out here the event was also very social.    Everyone seemed to enjoy the BU event as well. 

I've not seen Halloween on 2014 or 2015 but we can definitely see the influx of plat on the server.   Seems peeps got close to a billion plat last Halloween.   That seems a tad bit much, not sure if that is great for the server actually. 
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 07:34:52 pm »

Here is a picture of the Halloween tokens.  I believe it was one token if that asshole Snow Nose McBlowjob gave you credit for candy, and 3 tokens for the Lantern/Pick/Shovel/Honeypot.  I think it was 1 token per boss kill?

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 10:00:25 pm »

That sounds about right Noot, but I was talking about a picture of the merchant window for the undead sporali. Its easier to just save a picture of it to the wiki instead of having to make a table for the pricing data.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 12:21:48 am »

Cant wait for the event to start!

here is to hoping we spawn tons of bosses! Grin

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 07:02:42 am »

Can someone rehost the halloween files for me? I'm in China with VPN and it still blocks me from DropBox. Wetransfer would be great.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:28:30 am by Mersedez » Logged
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 10:26:42 am »

Can someone rehost the halloween files for me? I'm in China with VPN and it still blocks me from DropBox. Wetransfer would be great.

Thanks.

Here you go.... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B__I1brYM33mZkZpT2tUUTRvV0U

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 11:49:07 am »

thanks but google is completely blocked off here in China too even with VPN. It sucks. Can someone please put it on wetransfer.

Thanks

Actually got it...

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:40:14 pm by Mersedez » Logged
Peign
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 12:33:50 pm »

thanks but google is completely blocked off here in China too even with VPN. It sucks. Can someone please put it on wetransfer.

Thanks

Go go Communism.     Coming soon to an America near you!
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 12:57:51 pm »

Go go Communism.     Coming soon to an America near you!

Lol I don't think America will ever get this bad. I can't wait to move back to Southern Cali... 2 more years!!!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 02:21:58 pm »

Sadly I cant help but agree with Peign. We're definitely headed that direction, and we have been for decades. Lately things have just sped up thanks to two parties who seem to be doing everything they can to bring it about and an electorate too stupid to see it.

But, HEY! Howsabout them Cubbies!!!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 03:42:35 pm »

On a different note I am sure one of you guys know, looking at Chunka =x, for the double credits, do I need to do anything special when I donate or is it automatic starting tomorrow?

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 07:20:40 pm »

On a different note I am sure one of you guys know, looking at Chunka =x, for the double credits, do I need to do anything special when I donate or is it automatic starting tomorrow?

It's automatic...nothing special.  You pay 50 bucks you get 100 credits.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 11:07:00 pm »

So I loaded the new files off the link and now my nifty ui that shows me all kinds of info is gone...any thoughts? I tried /loadskin but it did nothing.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 11:33:09 pm »

also t10 spells dont seem to be working

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats