Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 06:01:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Best use of time during double loot halloween.  (Read 9933 times)
bridgitx

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:25:22 pm »

So this is my first halloween event.. After getting my toons the needed pets i was wondering what the best use of my double loot / halloween time would be.

I am currently flagged for t9 on 18 toons and believe these are my best options.

1. Complete a few UCv2 on primary group members.
2. Camp out in tofs floor 7 with a few instances and try to get svart spawns (currently have uw7 with materials to make uw8)
3. Backfarm essences for a 2nd uw.

I figured progression in a faction based zone wouldnt be the best use of time or resources. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Peign
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:50:36 pm »

For DL, may be good to focus on the tedious tiers of the UW, for example T1-T4.   You can get a pretty solid return in those areas. 
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 09:10:57 pm »

uc2 everyone...then get as much as you can done for uc3....way bigger payout IMHO than farming a level or 2 on the uw....

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 09:43:29 pm »

I remember reading a post from kruciel about mistress of flame pets for the non tank melees for added damage.

How rare / time consuming is this pet to get for my non tank melees. Seeing as pets are a once a year thing should this be a primary goal
Or is this pet inferior to the IG because of damage mitigation.
Openwounds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 10:21:43 pm »

You can farm mistress pets pretty easy in your tier barring RNG spawn chances.  People also sell their pets loot rights in ooc during Halloween events so its easy to get the lower tier ones pretty fast.  Also don't forget to farm a few 100 Dragons Major during DL. (you get caught in a endless spawn cycle at Ice/Earth)

..Kroggia..
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 08:26:10 am »

UC, UC2 and UC3 all you can during DL. If you need to break up the monotony, work some PoDrags or T3/4 for essences.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 12:09:59 pm »

Definitely get MoF pets for all your melee (except your tank who should use IG), BU or chilled devil is what you should get for most of your casters with the exception of necro who you should go for chilled devil (unless it's been changed I've heard the proc happens per dot per tick so it's like adding extra dmg to each dot)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 12:11:35 pm »

I thought MOF was best for casters?

and who uses ice?

I use IG on all my melee now in upper teir...

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 05:53:08 pm »

double loot doesn't mean .2% = .4% chance

it means only 100% = 200%

Ie if it always drop something, it will drop two of them.

so I don't see how farming essences is going to work, except in those places where one always drops (Vulak in ToV, Wrath in Loping, etc). places like Ct/Qvic/PoD/Airplane where they are random drops (.2% or whatever) that won't change at all during DL.

definitely if you're higher tiered, UC2 and UC3... bosses in Anguish will drop 2 stones, Vulak in ToV drop 6 scales, etc.

it's also a good time to level up new toons, you'll get 2x epics and 2x gear in most places.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 05:54:57 pm by walk2k » Logged

Peign
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 06:01:37 pm »

so I don't see how farming essences is going to work, except in those places where one always drops (Vulak in ToV, Wrath in Loping, etc). places like Ct/Qvic/PoD/Airplane where they are random drops (.2% or whatever) that won't change at all during DL.

definitely if you're higher tiered, UC2 and UC3... bosses in Anguish will drop 2 stones, Vulak in ToV drop 6 scales, etc.

it's also a good time to level up new toons, you'll get 2x epics and 2x gear in most places.

What you are saying is categorically false.      DL = 2x the roll.   Think of loot as a dice roll, lets say an essence will drop if you roll a 6.   Regular loot you roll the dice 1x, DL the dice is rolled 2x, so yes you have an increased chance at getting any item that drops in any zone that has DL enabled.   
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 06:21:34 pm »

Definitely get MoF pets for all your melee (except your tank who should use IG), BU or chilled devil is what you should get for most of your casters with the exception of necro who you should go for chilled devil (unless it's been changed I've heard the proc happens per dot per tick so it's like adding extra dmg to each dot)

Angryface would be better...but through out the rest of the year an IG on ALL your toons is better....because you will use that way more (especially in t10) and by next halloween you should be up to t10 (even if you are t1 this halloween)

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 06:48:57 pm »

What you are saying is categorically false.      DL = 2x the roll.   Think of loot as a dice roll, lets say an essence will drop if you roll a 6.   Regular loot you roll the dice 1x, DL the dice is rolled 2x, so yes you have an increased chance at getting any item that drops in any zone that has DL enabled.   
my bad, you're right. but it doesn't mean if 1 rare drops, you'll get 2. you'll still only get 1, you just have a slightly higher chance.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 08:01:01 pm »

that is because you get 2 rolls that are both 100% say for essence on vulak in tov....dats just how it works

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 04:15:11 am »

my bad, you're right. but it doesn't mean if 1 rare drops, you'll get 2. you'll still only get 1, you just have a slightly higher chance.
Actually while it's not a sure thing you can still get 2 on one corpse. Since it's rolling twice to see if you get something it can roll successfully and give you loot on both rolls.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 08:53:00 am »

Double loot just means double the roll. So if an essence has a chance to drop, say 5%, and it fails or succeeds, then the system rolls again. That simple. So in effect, yes, its twice the chance of a drop.

After farming UC upgrades essence hunting is by far your best use of double loot periods....followed perhaps by SLS farming.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 200