Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 02:37:07 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Suspended Accounts and AFK Botting  (Read 11265 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:45:17 pm »

Hello EZ players! It appears that the EZ Server rules haven't been followed lately or looks like even in recent months. There are a lot of things that EZ Server is already very lenient on, but one of the things that we've always been hard pressed on is the toleration of AFK botting.

117 Accounts and 303 characters are now suspended for a week that were associated with anyone that had been AFK botting. Consider this an extremely FAIR warning - this offense has historically been bannable. There are a lot of things that we allow to macro and bot to make boxing easier, but AFK farming is unfair to everyone and you know who you are.

If you shared an account with anyone who had been doing this your account also falls under this blanket - which is also against the rules.

If you need help reading the rules again, they are posted here: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=8.0

If you believe this is in error, send me a PM/E-Mail - don't blow up this thread as I've explained everything as to why.

Thanks everyone.

EDIT:

I've gone through and purged Essences and GSOA's from characters that were suspended for AFK botting. Be lucky you weren't permanently banned, and may this serve as warning to anyone else that you won't get away with it. It's unfair to everyone else to AFK bot and plenty of it has gone on. I was nice enough to keep most other items (Ultimate weapons and other ranked items) in-tact at their current rank.

• Essence of Qvic x 1060
  • Essence of Cazic Thule x 884
  • Essence of Dragons Major x 607
  • Essence of Gods Minor x 584
  • Essence of Dragons Minor x 552
  • Essence of Gods Major x 532
  • Essence of The Abyss x 232
  • Essence of Temple Veeshan x 110
  • Essence of Loping Plains x 46
  • Essence of Norrath x 23
  • Gemstone of the Ages x 20
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:57:41 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:09:14 pm »

Thank you akk!

they are very lucky you did not just ban or delete all the misbegotten goods....
and it was really kind to not ban them on Halloween week ...

keep it real akk!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:11:28 pm by balidet » Logged

Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 08:18:35 am »

Thank you akk!

it was really kind to not ban them on Halloween week ...

keep it real akk!
This and should take all loot gained that way uw strikes roa

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 08:22:32 am »

Build a bridge out of em!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 10:30:39 am »

303 toons...that's a  crap ton  Shocked

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 10:34:22 am »

Imo its not even a punishment. Makes me think crap why didnt i try that if thats all thats gonna happen first time.. I wouldn't but just saying. Grin

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 10:54:28 am »

Imo its not even a punishment. Makes me think crap why didnt i try that if thats all thats gonna happen first time.. I wouldn't but just saying. Grin

Best note to take from this is that Akkadius is watching and botters will be weeded out

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 06:22:56 pm »

I say ban the accounts through the halloween event...make them really pay for botting lol

Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 06:37:17 pm »

Something more then a weeks suspension cause honestly thats not even punishing them for breaking the rules. Cheaters getting to keep there spoils from cheating is lame.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 07:10:20 pm »

Oh I never said they were going to keep botted loot.

I have a week to take care of the rest.

Been helping out a relative with cancer and taking care of things, combing through nitty gritty details will wait until I have a little time to sort through.

Next time will be a firm ban on anyone, the suspension serves as a server warning

EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 08:06:59 pm »

LOL so now they all have to just sit and stew for a week to see the damage....lolz

yeejek

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 08:17:08 pm »

Im sure the people afk botting commited the acts fulling assuming if they got caught they would get banned. They should all thank akkadius dearly for not banning them all tho i suspect some may just quit on there own.

Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 04:55:28 am »

Oh I never said they were going to keep botted loot.

I have a week to take care of the rest.

Now thats what im talking about let them stew then take all that ill gotten loot away...

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 08:45:20 am »

With how HUGE halloween event is...I say ban them through the halloween event.  I mean that is the BIGGEST and COOLEST event server wide all year! Anyone would HATE to miss it...what a better time to suspend an ccount and send a message not to do it!

Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 05:07:53 am »

You are to kind to them. But ty for taking something away from them.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)