Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:21:52 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Recommende Halloween Pets for Caster/Melee?  (Read 7549 times)
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:47:24 pm »

Good day All!

So, this will be my first Halloween Event since I just started June of this year.

I have been reading alot of articles to with regards to upcoming Halloween which I believe is the most sought after event in the whole of EZ. So I have been saving up on HoH Tokens and T1/T2 crystals for the double loot alone.

I'm currently in T5/T6 (just finished T5 in my main group).

My main group consists of:

War
Pally
Necro
Beast Lord
Monk
Zerker

2nd Group (3/4 Done with T5)

Ranger
Cleric
Chanter
Rogue
Bard

My question is, what pets do you recommend for these specific classes or at least for Caster/Melee?

As I have mentioned, there are some people who are sharing their opinions as to what  best pet suits each class. I just want to make this thread to tabulate all of your inputs and opinions.

Well, thanks and looking forward to any of your suggestions.

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 10:59:01 pm »

War ==== Insane Goblin for the stonewall
Pally ==== Insane Goblin for the stonewall
Necro ==== Chilled Devil since the reactive proc from the pet buff procs on each dot tic
Beast Lord ==== Meh. Dont think any pet can do much for this craptastic class Tongue They STILL need work! But if you're married to running this boat anchor, Mistress of Flame
Monk ==== Mistress of Flame
Zerker ==== Angryface if you are fortunate enough to get one....should go here before any other class. Otherwise, Mistress of Flame

2nd Group (3/4 Done with T5)

Ranger ==== see beastlord. Same thing, honestly....these 2 classes are the epitome of "suck" on EZ atm
Cleric ==== Insane Goblin for the stonewall
Chanter ==== Chilled Devil since your chanter should be nuking nonstop after casting Euphoria 2 for the doublecast effect
Rogue ==== A couple schools of thought on this one: Mistress of Flame for obvious reasons, or go with Arcing Devil for the extra HPS (adds more than ANY other pet) or IG for stonewall, since rogues eventually are gods at stealing agro
Bard ==== IG all the way, since if you sing anything at all later this guy will get beat on constantly. While not as crappy as ranger or beastlord, bards here are also pretty meh

After that, get EVERY class you can either IG or Stone Monster because later you might need it. T10 is a bitch and any stonewall helps, especially when first breaking into a tier.

Just my 2 bits.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:43:23 am »

Necro ==== Chilled Devil since the reactive proc from the pet buff procs on each dot tic
Beast Lord ==== Meh. Dont think any pet can do much for this craptastic class Tongue They STILL need work! But if you're married to running this boat anchor, Mistress of Flame

Ranger ==== see beastlord. Same thing, honestly....these 2 classes are the epitome of "suck" on EZ atm

You just broke my heart  Cry

But thank you very much for your input.  Cheesy

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 04:15:00 pm »

Ranger and bst you should get MoF, any melee class you should get MoF (except for warrior of course) get an IG on all your melee for whenever you are having agro issues but generally you want MoF on them ESPECIALLY for dual wielding classes.
Don't listen to chunka on the bard since they can use Fading Memories to clear out singing agro and don't listen to him on the rogue since you can just put the ToFS dagger on them for the proc.
General rule of thumb, if you have them running in and hitting stuff with their weapon then MoF (Once again the exception is warrior). IG is only when you have issues with melee toons grabbing agro and if you use the correct items this should not be an issue.
Also, Ranger and Beastlords will actually to better with MoF than rogue/monk. Bard will too.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:18:45 pm by Brannyn » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 04:19:34 pm »

Ranger and bst you should get MoF, any melee class you should get MoF (except for warrior of course) get an IG on all your melee for whenever you are having agro issues but generally you want MoF on them ESPECIALLY for dual wielding classes.
Don't listen to chunka on the bard since they can use Fading Memories to clear out singing agro and don't listen to him on the rogue since you can just put the ToFS dagger on them for the proc.
General rule of thumb, if you have them running in and hitting stuff with their weapon then MoF (Once again the exception is warrior). IG is only when you have issues with melee toons grabbing agro and if you use the correct items this should not be an issue.

You need IG on any toon you are taking into t10 (that will be in AoE Ramp range) the others are nice to have, yes, but you will have to have IG on other toons (and a SoA on each to make it easier on the rampage...and sometimes you will still eat it)....that is unless a change is coming to remove Ramp from t10...and i don't look for that to happen, personally.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 04:19:42 pm »

Which works most of the time, until T10, when none of that works. MANY players permaparked their bards, and this is just one of the reasons. Besides, no need to use ToFS dagger for the proc if you have ninja clicky or ninja proc buff clicky on the rogue (mine has both). Even with that, and every other ability in the sun, a rogue with a UW will STILL often steal agro because they get these occasional rounds with max triple backstab, which is a quick 75 mil damage...and unless you are micro managing your rogue it can cause agro shifts that can get ugly....not to mention in T10, where there IS no agro shedding, period. Ninja clicky, bard ability, rogue abilities, FD....none of em work in T10. Ever.

So yeah, dont listen to me. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:36:40 pm by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »

And look....if the bard, ranger and BST make you happy, GREAT! Go for it. Just my backhanded way of pointing out that these three classes are WAY under par with other EZ classes, and need work still....but then they have for a very long time.

Best to learn how badly some of these classes suck early on rather than having to replace them once you hit T9/10....backflagging through T5 is never much fun (I know....I've done it too damned often). And best to have backup classes made NOW who can run in and loot a pet rotting rather than waiting another year for the event again.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:33:10 pm by Chunka » Logged

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 08:43:07 pm »

I don't think you are noticing the fact that he is in T6 (not T10) and that I've also stated to get IG on all melee. Right now he should be getting MoF and using that, when he gets into T10 he can use IG.
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 12:07:45 am »

Thanks Chunka and Brannyn for your inputs.

Gonna consider both of your opinions.

Yea, I started EZ with just one char (Beast Lord), and yea I have been getting alot of negative feedbacks about this class.

Well hopefully, before I can get to T10, I have made up my mind to what chars to use.

Thanks once again!

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 01:20:04 am »

Without a doubt MoF can help melee dps, including adding a little more to what little dps a BST, bard or ranger add.

As to bard....hey, do what ya like. Whatevers fun for ya Cheesy I just know for a fact after parsing my own boxes and boxes on a friend (T5 team) the bard didnt add much. They used to, but when Hunter, then  Hate tweaked em that went byebye. They did for a very brief period do more proc damage than any other class with NS augs, but that went away with a source code change. But the reason they do jack shit for me may be because I run a chanter and shammy with my raid team, and any benefits the bard may add with songs are trumped by similar or superior abilities in those two classes.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 11:28:43 am »

ranger is fine, at least as good as monk in melee, maybe better due to rangers get AA that improves spell damage. I'm talking about non-UW toons here..
rangers can also attack from range obviously, to avoid aoe/rampages.
rogues are probably top melee dmg, but again with non-UW toons 90%+ of your dmg is coming from ninjastrikes, I bet rog (non UW) is maybe 10-15% increase over ranger/monk.

quick parse, both T8 toons, Epic 8.0, with T8 chanter buffs and self buffs

Ranger, dual wield T8 weapons, 2x NinjastrikeX
Total DPS = 1.241 Million
Slash (main hand) avg hit 44k, crit 192k = 4.4% of total dps / Pierce (offhand) avg 40k, crit 175k = 2.9% of total dps
Direct dmg (strikes) normal hit 1.87M, crit 3.68M = 92.7% of total dps

Monk, T8 2HB weapon, 2x NinjastrikeX
Total DPS = 1.238 Million
Crush, avg hit 86k, crit 384k = 10.3% of total dps
Direct dmg (strikes), normal 1.81M, crit = 3.32M =  89.7% of total dps
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:39:12 pm by walk2k » Logged

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 01:32:11 pm »

So if anyone cares....

For the sake of consistancy all tests run over 10 minutes on FG dummy....T9 buffs (full buff line) all self buffs running, NO Halloween pets:

T9 ranger, UC2, fully buffed, using top end Secrets, T9 1hers, 9.0 epic clicked non stop, NSXI: 2394076 DPS 697 seconds
T10 bard, UC2, fully buffed, using harmonius comp, epic twist, etc T10 1hers, NSXI: 2295288 dps 722 seconds
T9 BST UC2, with 9.0 pet and OWS, both fully buffed, casting vicious ice 4 non stop, T9 fists NSXI: 2379614 dps 741 seconds

Now I dont have a monk with a UC2, so I got a friend who doesnt play much anymore to let me borrow his:

T9 monk with UC2 fully buffed running fists of wu and crab fu non stop, T9 fists NSXI: 3187668 dps 703 seconds

One note I will make: adding in Mistress of Fire on the bard with fire song running added a good chunk of damage....17% more damage from the fire procs overall than the monk got with same buff. Ranger and BST saw roughly same dps add monk did.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 01:55:15 pm »

Oh, and by way of comparison my monk with T10 weaps, NSXII and UC3 is 4.6 mil (with MoF pet), and my T10 chanter with 9.0 pet, summon bag with T10 weapons and mana neck XI and Chilled Devil buff up is 3710291 dps (non stop euphoria2 for the double cast temp and insanity V only).

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 07:44:43 pm »

Both mine have UC1. Both were well over 10 mins on the Stonehive dummy. Didn't even click ranger epic.. /shrug
Ranger does have higher RoA, but don't think that changes dps much.. Just one data point, ymmv etc..

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)