Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:29:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: T3/T4 Hohonora Zone  (Read 12349 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2010, 03:59:48 am »

Talk about hohonora zone in this thread.

Need ideas how to make it more fun.

Was thinking about adding Epic 3.5 as a stepping stone to your Epic 4.0. Basically there would be a boss in the zone that drops the incompleted epic book, and then you'd collect 10 different pages from 10 different types of trash, maybe 1-5% drop rate. Then obvious fill up book, combine, and turn in.

Already added augs to drop.

Maybe edit the npc spells, and stats, etc.

Post ideas here.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 05:04:46 am »

Hunter your on the money man, I may be able to get a 3.5 book, maybe not be able to get any t3 gear, seeing as to how it takes a huge raid, but some form of bridge to the 4.0 would be awesome for those who can't get to the real hard stuff, yet!
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 07:42:32 am »

That sounds like a wonderful idea. Epic 3.5's with stats/dmg/etc in between the 3.0 and 4.0 weapons. Would help as a stepping stone for those that don't have full power to tackle 4.0's, but can still work a weapon upgrade in. Love it!
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 09:21:18 am »

There should be gnomes floating around in little hot air ballons that randomly drop bombs on you.

Poop
Tuomo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 11:52:27 pm »

Change teleportation to other parts of the zone via 1 red stone, to a ring that you can buy for some number of stones which has clicky teleport.
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 01:08:58 am »

Once you get to T3 / T4 it means you've grinded through T1/T2 gear, the last thing I look forward to is yet another grind for an epic 3.5.  Farming cyans is bad enough, especially if you are a non boxer (see my semi ultimate charm suggestion thread for that arguement).

If you are going to add a 3.5, do something cool like 2.5. Ya Know, epic 2.5 was wicked cool.  It was different from epic 1.5 and 2.0, there was no 'grind' with 2.5.  It was solo-able and challenging when i did it, and just a cool concept.  That is if you weren't a monk
Ashbane

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 02:19:42 am »

So why not make 3.5 another soloable drop like the 2.5 quest but you need tier 1 bp or something to be flagged?
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 02:22:22 am »

What about just random weapon drops with a very little drop rate that are slightly better than stats than the 3.0's but not being directly connected to the epic line so that you dont "have" to farm them for your 4.0, assuming you would need the 3.5 to get a 4.0... Making them not a necessity, but if you happen to find one it would be nice...

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 03:00:07 am »

Maybe collect 10 pages that are on the ground, as a ground spawn? Would spawn random locations every time. That way you could kinda of solo that.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 03:25:26 am »

Maybe collect 10 pages that are on the ground, as a ground spawn? Would spawn random locations every time. That way you could kinda of solo that.

as long as you only need 10 pages, not in any certain order. otherwise random spawns of random pages at random locations would be like "wtf? i been looking for page 7 for weeks now!"

Budzwar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 04:30:20 am »

How about having some of the pet buff spells drop in here so they are actually viable? Or maybe some of the other spells?
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 05:54:10 am »

I like the idea of an epic 3.5 in Hohonara, it will bring more player to play in, because actually its really boring to farm cyan ...

Maybe you can do a "boss" for each sort of avatar who drop a page (or a token)
?
Avatar of heaven / earth / hate / abyss / undeworld / skies / valor / storms / hell

There is 9 actually, so maybe add a last boss for the page 10 like the Dragon Slave with a port to go kill it and like you said a boss who will drop the incomplete book of epic 3.5

This should be a really nice thing to have and maybe help people for T3/T4
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 07:45:40 am »

Yea thats a nice idea and all but a lot of people are looking for something close to the 2.5.
I wouldnt want to do a 3.5 MoW on crack+TT on crack just to do the 4.0 fight some day when shits pretty rough.
Of course I am only going off what I have heard I have basically avoided T3 to work on pet alts.
istvaan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 11:36:22 am »

The only thing I could think of to make HoH farming even slightly tolerable is to make t3 spells rarely drop off of trash, just to keep things interesting.

It's the cyan grind that has prevented me from logging in lately. I just can't tolerate killing the same mobs over and over again for hours collecting red stones that drop without any change of pace.
Kaldar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 11:56:51 am »

The number of hours a player spends in T3 is huge, as we all know. I think livening it up with mini-bosses would be an excellent way to go. Perhaps randomly spawning a mini on the death of any avatar. Maybe the mini could be 30% tougher than a regular avatar and drop a cyan, with possibility for war level jewelery from PoD, or small possibility for a T3 spell drop.

Also, the drops could be increased for mobs that require special tactics, like Earth, Storms, Hell and maybe even Valor. Maybe just a 50% incrase in drops by those mobs since they are enough of a hassle that people just avoid them.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 07:55:06 pm by Kaldar » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061