Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 08:46:44 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: T10 Revamp & Many Others  (Read 33745 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2016, 06:35:58 pm »

T10 is sweet now.   Much more enjoyable.    Thanks again for your work and keeping this place going. 

Glad to hear, would be nice to hear what others think of it as well

EZ Server GM
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 08:43:03 pm »

My playtime has been limited, but what I've seen so far in T10 has been a huge, huge improvement. Awesome job Akka!

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2016, 09:37:58 pm »

It's definitely playable, but it feels like just another grind zone.  Don't get me wrong, buggy doesn't necessarily mean challenging, but in it's in-tuned incarnation doing T10 felt dangerous.  Yeah, no death penalty, but if you could actually get all your toons to sync to the zone after force crashing and reloading them when they couldn't, you really needed to decide where you wanted to go before you wandered off aimlessly.  You didn't just go kill gnolls for a while, then wander over to the sarnak camp before grinding armor quests at orcs because at any time during your trek you could spawn random ambush mobs from 3-10 or w/e it was.  You had to be careful when pulling camps because your puller could fire off a trap spawn and dump his entire pull on the camp while getting smoked from behind by the ambushers.  You needed to find out for yourself where  the best camp spots were by knowing where those ambush mobs would spawn and adjust accordingly, so it was always fun watching people unfamiliar with the zone 'test' it out and wipe repeatedly not only to the normal npcs, but getting smoked by a random ambush when running back to rez was pretty common too. 

I'm happy the zone got totally gutted and reworked, it was a real shit show as far as consuming content went with the retarded number of mobs in camps, crazy dmg output and hella high hp totals, broken quests, spawn mechanics and unitemized/unseen named mobs.  I just think that it now feels like there's little risk involved, just grindy grind.  I've only scratched the surface of the zone.
bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2016, 05:43:12 pm »

For the people who have t10 armor there seems to be alot less risk involved. For those new to t10.. Its feels rediculous.

Tier 9 to tier 10 is the biggest jump of all the tiers. Zoning in i picked orcs and continuously got pounded. Some mobs can kill me in 2 hits with full buffs. And most pulls are 3 to 7 mobs.

I play with 2 paladins in main group and a druid shaman and cleric chain healing my melee grp. This gets me through most small pulls.

T10 is not a zone for a single group unless youve worked multiple uws and gotten your ucs to v3.

Not complaining because i like the challenge. Its just rough with my 2 grps of max strikes and uc2.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2016, 07:28:52 pm »

For the people who have t10 armor there seems to be alot less risk involved. For those new to t10.. Its feels rediculous.

This confused me.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2016, 07:32:37 pm »

Yea its def a huge improvement.

It is the grind of all grinds with thousands of kills for each faction to be complete as well as the plaugeborn but its all doable...maybe dont start with orcs... try something that is not so dominate.  

This is where you need to look in the EZ mirror and realize that you do need uc3 on all of the toons... you do need as many UW as you can handle... healing healing healing....

TBH once you start progressing you wont require much healing.

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2016, 07:55:09 pm »

This confused me.

I just meant that the people who have already fought through the horrible first iteration of t10 and have their orc armor will not suffer like the people new to the rereleased t10.

Its still plenty hard.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2016, 08:10:03 pm »

This confused me.

I just meant that the people who have already fought through the horrible first iteration of t10 and have their orc armor will not suffer like the people new to the rereleased t10.

Its still plenty hard.

It is NOWHERE near the difficultyit was in it's original form.....and I still die a lot in T10. You will get there...just like those before you IF you persevere.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2016, 04:37:05 am »

T10 is not a zone for a single group unless youve worked multiple uws and gotten your ucs to v3.

Not complaining because i like the challenge. Its just rough with my 2 grps of max strikes and uc2.

Yes you need UCv3,IG,SoA,UW XI, on MT...IG on every toon. I SoA every toon that is having issues (cleric,shaman,druid,bard,zerker) that has to stay close to the mob. Also, try using Lingering  Sloth on your MT (is a sha man spell) with druid regen with cleric PoV. Clerics also have a Bestow Divine Aura AA that you can use on your tank.

Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2016, 10:39:34 am »

Undead do not spawn at night in instances sometimes. Zoned out to public and they were up.

Denzig <STONE>
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2016, 04:50:48 pm »

Glad to hear, would be nice to hear what others think of it as well

From a before and after perspective:

The zone "feels" much better. it's obvious right off the bat how much work you and Rent put into this
No traps is so much better. Newer folks will simply have ...no....idea....

I've only worked Sarnaks so I cannot speak to orcs and gnolls since the reboot of the zone

Many things happen like I suppose are intended...and then just stop after a while:

Beast of Burden stops emoting on spawn
Undead stop spawning in instances, skipping spawns intermittently
Plagueborn are weird. They spawn, and then just stop. I'm on 2000+ sarnaks today and haven't seen 1 since the first 2 hours I was in here (one spawn in 8+ hours)
Vaxxol exists per another player, but I haven't seen him since the new T10 went live. Keeping every spectral down for 8+ cycles today and nothing. I could be barking up the wrong tree as far as spawning him goes, though

Cycling through instances seems to help some of the issues. For instance, when undead skipped spawned twice, I made a new instance. The new one hasn't skipped. (EDIT: undead have stopped spawning in the latest instance  Sad )

Happy New Year
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:50:14 pm by Haimon » Logged

Denzig <STONE>
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2017, 06:26:53 am »

Vaxxol=Wailing sarnak...and after you kill it, and other spectrals, make sure to /target wail...because may spawn somewhere else not IN the sarnak camp....sometimes across the river.....down near bandits....you just never know.....and i only have gotten him to spawn twice....funny thing is I was talking to Akka in /ooc and I told him "I know something has got to be up with this wailing spectral because there is only one of them."...hehehe

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2017, 07:01:00 am »

can we keep the spoilers off this thread? like for real some people like to figure out stuff for themselves.

thanks

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2017, 07:59:54 am »

I also have to agree with Dim...undead not spawning at night is troublesome...also PB's are just...not...spawning...much

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2017, 08:03:04 am »

can we keep the spoilers off this thread? like for real some people like to figure out stuff for themselves.

thanks

Ok...I can do that....who handles the wiki now?  I can just post it there =)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678