Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:05:00 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ideas to Fix the GC  (Read 4744 times)
Denzig

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2017, 07:11:48 am »

Lots of good ideas being discussed in /ooc lately. Apparently the server is finally tired of one player having the spawn on lockdown. Here's some ideas:

1. Make him invulnerable for a set amount of time, say 5 to 30 minutes, to give players who want to PvP a chance to clean up their kills and zone in
2. Make UW unable to be used again
3. Spawn at random times, not every 8 hours to the minute
4. Spawn in random spots around the zone
5. Multiply his hp by....a lot. With Death Touch clickie and UW you can down him before a player becomes playerkill
6. Take off and nuke it from orbit. Only way to be sure

As much as I like timing it and killing said monolopizer, or the GC before they can, I realize that is not good for server health. Hell, I killed the player this morning by timing it to the minute, and got a virtual hi-five tell for doing so.

That's not good.

Please add some thoughts so we can convince management this needs fixing.

Denzig <STONE>
Bogreaper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:21:38 am »

So true.

I have been watching from a far since the First time I saw the notice that he spawned, I zoned in to see what it was and I got a 5mil arrow to the face for it, I thought it was pretty funny, but since then everytime I go to check it out, blah its on lock.

I like the random and cant target it for a period of time.

If we want some PvP, lets do some PvP..  Let the blood bath begin and last one standing takes the prize.

Peace

synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 07:30:51 am »

This issue has been raised before and I for one would like to see said changes to GC.

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 03:01:34 pm »

I don't see the point of the GC....for the few essences and a little bit of plat....all the crying about UWS and leet people (who are not the people who camp him,they are working on gear and advancing).... I do like the idea of him being random and invulnerable  for awhile though....gives the chance for other toons to bathe in the blood of another....Would be cool if GC corpse didn't lock to the player who killed and was open to all....that would be some GREAT /ooc chat right there!!!!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 12:02:05 am »

He spawns as untargetable for 10 mins.
His spawn point and time in zone are random.
At the end of 10 mins if you are in zone alone he has an attack that knocks you across the entire zone. (think BFG before it got nerfed)
At the end of 10 mins if more that 1 person is in zone he becomes targetenabled but casts random detrimental spells on attacking toons. (snare,blind,dispel,more knock-back cause that shit is funny)
he CH and warp like Shadow
He is mobile and aggressive to everything in zone... he can summon and is invulnerable to spell at more that range 60 or so.
Arrows dont do shit cause that is lame or he has some kind of ranged reflect chance cause that would be funny. (fuck rangers)
Loads more hps
spell reflect

take a few..take them all..take none...my work is done here

Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 09:01:21 am »

Rent,

if you  hang in /ooc today before or after your GM event, think we can discuss this, or bounce around some ideas off you?

I know we're a police yourself server, and I've been fairly diligent lately about breaking the monopoly on the Gem Collector. It seems I'm the only one, however, and it's grown tiresome.

We've grown too powerful and this spawn needs to be tweaked/fixed/bulked up/nuked from orbit so the spawn can't be timed and sat on.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:04:21 am by Haimon » Logged

Denzig <STONE>
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 12:56:16 pm »

Make the GC hit 4x harder... give everyone a debuff that makes them take 75% less magic / physical damage... so PVP won't be instant 1 shots Cheesy

When they leave the zone the debuff is removed

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053