Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:19:42 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Launching Issue  (Read 4943 times)
Rosalitan

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2017, 09:23:08 am »

Ok so I had to wipe my laptop and do a fresh install of everything.

The issue im running into is when I unzip all of the eq files (from these forums) , and do the whole short cut and patchme thing, then go to run the eqgame.exe, it comes up with the error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). Click OK to close the application.

Everything ive been able to find on it so far has basically been, Re-install .net framework and restart your computer. When i go to do the .net stuff, the installer tells me i already have the most up to date package for that, so i restart the computer and no luck what so ever.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 08:05:30 pm »

It is most likely an issue with graphics card
1. Run optioneditor.exe ( in eq root folder ) and set in to 640x480 resolution, retry loading, if it loads, change resolution from in game options
2. if is still doesn't load, try downloading directx9c from MS, maybe new install doesn't have all the required files
3. if that still doesn't work, its either a netframework issue, may need one of the older ones, (V2 - 3.5) can't remember, or could be somethings corrupted, no idea beyond these

Hope it helps some

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 11:11:25 am »

you can also try running as admin,
but if this solves the problem, the best solution is to move your eq folder out of any Windows system-managed folder - eg. Program Files, My Documents, etc..

c:\eqemu works for me, win 10 x64, no need for admin privs.

Rosalitan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 08:18:12 am »

None of these worked unfortunately, im doing a complete wipe of eq and doing a fresh install. now that i have all of the normal stuff installed on the PC maybe a fresh install will work, hopefully...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439