Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:48:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Server Update 6/24/2017  (Read 6338 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2017, 08:19:09 pm »

Changelog

• Resolved the huge traffic spike issues that would occur under intense combat spam or pulls
  • Improved general connection resiliency and recovering from packet loss

Thanks to Maslow/Bogtank/Loyal for helping do isolated tests on the test server, and anyone else who provided feedback and info
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:59:05 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 08:21:56 pm »

EZ Server GM
Raelin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 11:11:30 pm »

Sorry ... originally put this comment in the 6-20 forum by mistake, so here it is again:

After the server restart, I began having problems with my Extended Target Window. During fights, slots in the window were not being cleared out after a NPC was killed. Even though the slot showed blank. It was not really cleared. If you queried the slot with ${Me.XTarget[xx].ID} where xx is the slot number, the slot would return the ID number of the fallen npc that failed to clear.  This happens on 0-5 slots during a fight in random slots, but mainly in slots 1 to 5.  On the next pull the slots that held an ID value would no longer populate, which looked like blank slots in the window. Any uncleared slot would remain unfillable until logging or manually clearing the slot.  Didn't try zoning though ... which may have cleared all slots.

[Edit] Additional Comments:
Additional Data on the problem. On 6-29 in an instance of T10, while working Orcs I continued to have the problem stated above.  I succored my team into the camp and where several camp npcs entered the ETW (ext target window).  To attempt to clear the issue, I logged my team off and back on. Same NPCs came back into the ETW. I then took my team to Nexus and returned to see if that would clear it.  Did not. Finally cleared it by creating a new instance and entering it. Characteristics of the ETW remain the same as the part above, with NPC entries from NPCs far from fight area, blank entries in the window that contain NPC IDs. Still gathering data.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 11:02:37 pm by Raelin » Logged
gotee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:51:33 pm »

observations on the current extended target

1 - When in a raid with multiple pullers you really don't know what target is yours as opposed to the other person pulling and vice versa, hopefully you went after one mob and had it targeted the whole time when u pulled or your crew will run off to the other pullers mob leaving u and them to die.

2 - After that first pull other mobs will show up that u may or may not have aggroed but didn't actually come to attack you - those will stay on your extended target forever - zoning, death or logging off/on will not release them - they just keep coming back.

3- second pull - mobs from #2 remain on top so new mobs are now somewhere in the scroll down - how far u may ask ? well it depends on what u have killed, what the other person has pulled, and the corpses that now appear.

4 - 3rd pull - mobs from #1 #2 and #3 are now added to the list and spaces are added between your new pulls, other pullers pulls, and corpses in no logical order.

5- F8 is now the only solution to targeting mobs that are directly attacking you, making the extended target window useless/obsolete.

forest gump  -  life is like a box of chocolates u never know what your going to get. (when u attack something in the ext target window}
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 10:34:01 pm »

What I'm going to need from you guys is steps how to reproduce this

What character, are you in a group/raid - I need everything that reproduces it consistently every time

Once I am done with some other issues here I can take a look at extended targets

EZ Server GM
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 08:16:19 am »

for me is only interesting that reboot change off again ... rebuild raid suxx..

Ejax

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 10:33:42 pm »

Seems to be an issue with Berserker epic.. the AoE proc seems to be hitting the berserker... poor dear berserkers!
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 12:54:07 am »

Seems to be an issue with Berserker epic.. the AoE proc seems to be hitting the berserker... poor dear berserkers!

Will be resolved next reboot

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988