Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 06:39:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pet class issues  (Read 4358 times)
Barstis

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:44:41 pm »

Hello!  I'd like to ask a couple of questions, and get some feedback and see if maybe its a server-side issue, or just me being a stupid idiot and doing it wrong.

I'm a Necromancer, and a solo player as well.  I recently finished my t2 gearing, with a good bit of help.  I have my 3.0 epic aug completed, with CG quest done, but having a bit of a problem with the pet himself.

Other than those I'm having quite a bit of fun here as a solo player, and the challenge in doing everything myself is completely entertaining for me.

My problems:

Usually if I go afk in Nexus (I go AFK there because he gets buffs, which has helped me massively with my progression being a solo player), for anything more than 60 minutes he disappears.  I can be standing AFK at the teleporter area not moving, him standing not moving, him on follow, him on guard this spot.  Absolutely nothing and he disappears.  He does not do this in other active zones (I kinda fell asleep in Qvic the other night and he stayed the entire time).  Am I doing something wrong to make him disappear, or should I be following and doing something else with him?

With that being said and going to an active zone, sometimes (PoDragons is perfect example) I will be engaged on a NPC killing it, and all of a sudden my pet just stops attacking, stops whatever he's doing and walks back to me.  I send him again and he goes back, but its frustrating because I try to keep things positioned so I don't get hit.  I don't have the /pet back button command on my hotkey and he still does this.  Wondering if this is something I'm doing wrong as well, am I not feeding him enough for him to throw a temper tantrum? Tongue

Necro issue:

Upon fizzling spell Ancient: Touch of Orshilak (70 Lifetap) it locks my entire cast bar up for 15-20s.  In which case no spells at all are usable, but clickies and whatnot are.  ONLY the ancient fizzle locks the cast bar up, everything else works correctly.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 01:29:29 pm by Barstis » Logged
AbyssalStalker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:21:27 pm »

Howdy,

When I made my first character on EZ, I made a necromancer. I had some fun leveling up and made it through Plane of Time on my own. I did some research as I was progressing and realized that EZ was designed and balanced to be a boxing server. I had never boxed before and was apprehensive, but I decided to give it a chance.

I recreated an entire group and have enjoyed working my way up through the tiers. There's a lot of guides to getting setup and although it takes some time, effort and learning, I do believe it's worth it. The server simply isn't designed for a solo player.

That aside, let me try and answer some of your questions:

I have a mage in my group and have noticed that his pet sometimes disappears for no reason. The most recent example is ToFS when I click a mirror, sometimes he instantly poofs. It is annoying when he has full buffs on as you mentioned, but thankfully I have a full party so him losing full buffs is an annoyance, not a catastrophe. I can't explain why it happens but bugs do occur on this server. I just wanted to let you know it's not just you.

Regarding that spell, there is a similar one in my mage spell book. I believe it is also called ancient something. I believe it was intended to be a more powerful version of comparable nukes and only dropped from raid mobs so as a compromise it locked other spells on fizzle. I could be completely wrong, but that's what it seemed like to me. When completing the CG quest, which it seems you have, you can max your spell skills and specializations by hailing one of the NPC in the guild which makes it very hard to fizzle.  Speaking of which, I'd suggest running a parse and testing out DPS on a test dummy to see the most efficient spells you can cast.

BTW, grats on making it all the way through PoD solo!

Otto
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 05:18:33 pm »

I have the same issue with my necro pet just "giving up" and i have to re-attack with him. I think it may have something to do with MQ2, but i haven't tested it yet.

Anyone else care to add to this? I'd love to have my pets stay constant with attacks.
Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 05:03:57 pm »

the way i fik my pet backing up it using CT illusion on it. dont know why or how, it stays at the target until its done.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 181