Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:36:32 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Ways to help you box.  (Read 106096 times)
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2011, 01:51:22 pm »

Hi DRG,

Indeed, chars depends of a certain personal preference.  I (try) to box with a BST/MAG and very soon with some help of a CLR.  We will see....

concering your help of using MQ2, I had installed and tried it out SUCCESFULLY !  Even I managed to make a hotkey with a marcro where my BST assists the MAG and uses a cast 'Sha's Legacy' to slow the mob. 

I have only 2 questions :

1/  I had the feeling that the group-keys INVITE and FOLLOW doesn't for grouping has no sense anymore.  Is it correct that when starting MQ2 for the next times, it's automatically groups your chars ?  And when you kill a mob, can all your chars loot it ?

2/ A problem I now have is that my chars sees only mobs from very NEAR !  Without MQ2 the range of sight was muschand musch further !!??   Any idea how I can solve this ?  In this way I'm unable to have an idea of the terrain and mobs before attacking.  It's like walking in a wasp-nest without knowing.

Hoping you can help.

By byte,
ALRAZOR;
Drg

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2011, 01:58:46 pm »

Great Job on making your first macro! It's the start of things much more complicated and easier to use.

On your first question MQ2 shouldn't automatically group your characters. You will probably need to re-invite them each time, I have had to at least in the past. You are correct on the follow command however, using the MQ2 /stick command is much more effective and better to get your toons to follow your main person. I personally like to use /stick loose since it seems to work better in tight spaces and around corners. You could set up a command to have your characters do a /loot all on the mob, but you can't just have MQ2 automate the process no.

On your second question you may have to rephrase this, I haven't had any issues with targeting using MQ2, I mean you are limited to what EQ sees for mobs rather than taking your mouse and clicking on it from afar, but if you use your main character smart you shouldn't be walking into a horde of bees. Did you change your settings like your clip plane down when you installed MQ2 that could be the only change I would think of, but there's no need for it. MQ2 only effects how you can input commands and does nothing for sight and such in EQ.

Blame the_White_Knight - 60 Paladin
Uvorc the_Dark_Butcher - 70 Shadow Knight
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2011, 02:47:52 am »

Hi DRG,

To rephrase my problem : for example without using MQ2 (so when I start my EQ from the normal EQ-map), in POT I can see te mobs on the different islands from my point of instance, and in Nexus, same thing, where I pop up I can see the NPC's around me.   Now when I use MQ2, I have practilly stick to an NPC or MOB in order to see it !  I changed already the clip pane, but without any result !   Of course, some days ago when I tried to make MQ2 working I put all graphics to zero, perhaps there I changed someting I shoudn't do.... I'll take a further look into these parameters... in the worste case, I delete the complete MQ2-map and start all over again.

Also, I saw on youtube a MQ2-movie where they showed that you can have an inventory of every single char on the same screen and a second movie where you can have in interesting map with different utils.  So a lot to discover...  Grin Cheesy

Nice chatting to you DRG. Wink

Bye,
ALRAZOR

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2011, 03:48:08 am »

Alrazor make sure you aren't running a plugin for MQ2 that monitors the clip plane like mq2clip. There are others out there, so take an inventory of what plugins you have loaded and if you don't know what they do, google the name of it and you should find a description.

Drg

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2011, 04:46:10 am »

Hi DRG,

Also, I saw on youtube a MQ2-movie where they showed that you can have an inventory of every single char on the same screen and a second movie where you can have in interesting map with different utils.  So a lot to discover...  Grin Cheesy

Nice chatting to you DRG. Wink

Bye,
ALRAZOR

That's one of the Gold Plugins, but I don't believe that it is Legit on the server.

Blame the_White_Knight - 60 Paladin
Uvorc the_Dark_Butcher - 70 Shadow Knight
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2011, 06:03:19 am »

That's one of the Gold Plugins, but I don't believe that it is Legit on the server.
You sir..are correct.

Our policy all along has been no MQ2 at all, for anything. I'm just now allowing map and stick. I'm not going to give examples of any other plugins that you can't use. Just assume you can't.

Temuli

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2011, 06:12:22 am »

Is the macro described above, where you order a separate character to perform an action (buff/heal/debuff) legal? I've avoided trying it so far - just using m for the map and various /stick commands.
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2011, 07:09:47 am »

WOW, a lot of reactions suddenly  Shocked

First of all, if you're taking about a 'gold plug'.  I downloaded the classis MQ2, and I thought for a gold-one I should pay for it.  Anyway, I took only the classic-version.

Secondly, If making macros for calling other chars to assist/heal/buff/cast spells is not allowed, It should be cleared out of me !  The last thing I would do is to cheat !!??  I only wanted to game in a more efficient way I thought that MQ2 was a possible solution.  If not, I'll continue to play in the old fashion way. 

Just let me kow.  I only want to make friends en not ennemies and be banned as result.

ALRAZOR
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2011, 07:44:43 am »

For your information, I looked into the Macroquest.ini file and found following plug-ins :
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2emusearch=mq2emusearch
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2map=mq2map
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2netbots=mq2netbots
IF THERE IS SOMETHING WHAT'S NOT LEGAL, LET ME KNOW PLEASE !
I would appreciate !
Alrazor
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2011, 08:05:56 am »

For your information, I looked into the Macroquest.ini file and found following plug-ins :
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2emusearch=mq2emusearch
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2map=mq2map
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2netbots=mq2netbots
IF THERE IS SOMETHING WHAT'S NOT LEGAL, LET ME KNOW PLEASE !
I would appreciate !
Alrazor

mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils Approved by Hunter for /stick only
mq2map=mq2map Approved by Hunter
Are the only plugins out of the ones you listed that Hunter has specifically allowed

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2011, 09:53:26 am »

OK,  no problem.
I keep mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils & mq2map=mq2map, and the rest I delete them from my ini.file.

Thanks for the info.
Alrazor
kingmen30264

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2011, 08:23:04 pm »

Followed the guide down to a T and here is what I came up with.

Everything work fine but when I try to zone into PoAir, I keep getting a "Crash Report" when it zones about 1/2 way in.

Earlier in this thread, someone posted all I had to do was replace the airplane_chr.txt file with the original, or I could simply copy the code from the post; I did both and got the same results.

Any help please?

Running EQ SoD, System is a Phenenom Quad Core 8gbs of RAM, Nvidia Galaxy 210 (1gb ram onboard) card.

*edit* After doing some thinking, I tried to use this setup on a clean install of EQ, meaning NOTHING was added that didn't need to be added. Only thing I put into my new install was the Spell File.

So if anyone is having the same issue, you can (I tested all the zones we really use) with this setup.

I also did not add any of the special zone files (Airplane_chr.txt, etc). I have not tested them out on the mobs as to see what they would look like, but I am sure they would be some basic model, or human. Will update with their look(s) on alt(s) when I do that run. *edit*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:29:14 am by kingmen30264 » Logged
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2011, 12:52:25 pm »

Hi guys,

I have another problem here.  I have no more access to one of my toons I was leveling !
I entered my toonname into the searchbox in the site EZSERVER ONLINE and got my inventory.  When clickling on it I got following error :
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mymessage_die() in /home/tpw/public_html/magelo/include/item.php on line 33
Also when I login to play I got kicked out again and again.  I tried to us charactermover several times, but it says that my charname is incorrect ??   It's OK I think to use the same info as I use to play (login and charname, both in capital letters)
Someone can help me here ?

Thanks,
Alrazor
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2011, 01:24:13 pm »

Hi DRG,

In the meantime, since our last talks about MQ2, I've tried to make up some macros and most worked out.  I've leveled also new toons (WAR and PAL) and want to make a macro where my MAGE (named BOEM) instructs my WAR and PAL to attack a mob.  So I created following macro :

Sub Main
/bca //assist Boem
/delay 1s
/bca //attack
/return

Fore some reason, it's not working.  Do you know why ?
Thanks for having a look on this.

Kind regards,
Alrazor
Dood

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2011, 07:07:02 pm »

That macro and those commands are not /stick or map. and therefore not allowed. 

I would abandon trying to automate the game using MQ2.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78