Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 12:51:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Ways to help you box.  (Read 120364 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 11:20:53 pm »

These are the lines I left in to get the aug bird bath to still function:

3,1,TFFF,Global_chr,Loading Characters
1,1,TFFF,Global_obj,Loading Character Equipment Files
1,1,TFTF,GEquip,Loading Character Equipment Files

If you wanted to go above and beyond as a server op, you can select and make available only models you need on a per zone basis instead of making all kinds of stuff global and being loaded when it's used maybe once in a blue moon. Making loads much faster and general gameplay take much less resources.

The issue with this is it has to load it from global object files. I don't believe you can load object files on a per-zone basis. ITwhatever needs to be loaded globally to work, unless the zone has it in its *_obj.s3d files.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 11:22:31 pm »

These are the lines I left in to get the aug bird bath to still function:

3,1,TFFF,Global_chr,Loading Characters
1,1,TFFF,Global_obj,Loading Character Equipment Files
1,1,TFTF,GEquip,Loading Character Equipment Files

If you wanted to go above and beyond as a server op, you can select and make available only models you need on a per zone basis instead of making all kinds of stuff global and being loaded when it's used maybe once in a blue moon. Making loads much faster and general gameplay take much less resources.

The issue with this is it has to load it from global object files. I don't believe you can load object files on a per-zone basis. ITwhatever needs to be loaded globally to work, unless the zone has it in its *_obj.s3d files.

Right, weapon files can't be excluded, but you can load character files on a per-zone basis just fine. And that would be the only exception.

EZ Server GM
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 07:15:57 am »

And for those of us who dont have a clue how to do it could you explain Smiley??

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 09:12:33 am »

setting actor clip plane down to 0 will practically eliminate your boxes from viewing the mobs, just an fyi for those who manually box.
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 01:44:38 pm »

setting actor clip plane down to 0 will practically eliminate your boxes from viewing the mobs, just an fyi for those who manually box.

/assist macro /stick /attack   /assist /autofire  /target  and don't forget F1 - F5
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 04:10:14 pm »

Turning off hw vertex shaders may actually slow things down?  Same for the other shaders, you can probably leave on the 1.x shaders unless you are using a VERY old video card (ie.. pre Geforce 4).

What about LOD bias?  Anyone figure out which setting is the "faster" one?  Higher or lower??  LOD could really really speed things up, even allow clip plane to be pushed out a bit higher.  Or for those zones where clip plane doesn't seem to do anything (ie PoFire?)

talanos

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 04:58:25 pm »

/assist macro /stick /attack   /assist /autofire  /target  and don't forget F1 - F5

Can you clarify a bit please?  Basically, the problem I have with my ranger is that if I /stick to the warrior, then /assist, /autofire when i have a mob, he rushes up to the mob since he's stuck to it and won't shoot his bow.  If I /stick hold, he will keep sticking to the warrior and not be far enough away from the mob either. 

I was thinking of trying to set a stick distance, but then on corners and such he gets lost sometimes.

Is there an elegant solution?
Gencat

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 08:35:33 pm »

yeah tab over to your rangers screen and hit the autofire button  Roll Eyes

No picture, no catchy sig line ... sux being me Sad
bdrumm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 10:25:24 pm »

thanks for the help Wink

Always room for improvement Wink
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 10:43:08 pm »

/stick off then hit autofire.
Balthor2
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 01:27:29 am »

I decided to get back to mad boxing and striped everything out from other emu servers.
Also if you delete the global load, at least i had no issues, everything is a little smoother in terms of load speed.
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 12:05:19 pm »

Turning off hw vertex shaders may actually slow things down?  Same for the other shaders, you can probably leave on the 1.x shaders unless you are using a VERY old video card (ie.. pre Geforce 4).

Any consensus or testing on which shaders should be turned off (given Geforce 9XXX or better) for maximum speed?
ookii

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 04:20:47 pm »

if i try and delete the global load file, or just erase the contents, my client crashes at the character select. Anyone got a fix for this?

It would really help to turn off character models.

Ps. It works still when I leave just the character load line in the globalload.txt. Items are gone and pets are humans.

Also I use Titanium.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:00:09 pm by ookii » Logged
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 09:56:19 pm »

I been biting my tongue but i gotta ask, how the hell can any of you play like this? It's so bland. If this is what i had to go through to box i simply wouldn't play, running around seeing nothing but un-equipped humans would bore me to pieces Sad lol

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 10:18:17 pm »

I been biting my tongue but i gotta ask, how the hell can any of you play like this? It's so bland. If this is what i had to go through to box i simply wouldn't play, running around seeing nothing but un-equipped humans would bore me to pieces Sad lol

yeah i agree. I mean if the only motivation is to box 13 chars or something i could see what you're doing. Maybe a second directory to play and see everything nicely, and one to box the hell out of when you're focused.

I don't normally play with Luclin models, i just like the original models more. That and turning off the spell particles (even on low there is a lot heh) i can box alot of characters. I could pump out more doing this, but i would feel so bored doing so. Like seeing the different races, weapons, pets, etc.. But thats just me i s'pose.

I can understand not being able to play on a laptop or something i guess

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061