Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:45:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Halloween 2017  (Read 20520 times)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2017, 03:57:57 am »

He said the event would be on for a long time. It's the first night. I'm sure there will be DL or something or scaling. If I was Akka and too many people complained I would just turn it off and forget DL just to say "f u" - honestly. It's obvious the thing isn't even fully turned on yet (he said this above) - he hasn't even made an official announcement.

mousebane

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 07:50:20 am »

I love the content and potential rewards.
However, I have to admit that if DL was turned on, I would hunt elsewhere since I am only "in T10" and not T10 geared and killing is too slow.
But, despite that, I think the zone is cool and it gives me incentive to beef up to do that...maybe next year.

One big thing to me: I would prefer instancing capability.  Last night i was getting trained by people, just like in old school EQ.
only thing missing was the zoneline...
Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 08:10:35 am »

We allready had DL for a few days what are you complaining about ?
mousebane

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 08:31:59 am »

Actually, I did not complain about DL at all, I simply said if it was enabled I wouldn't be in the Halloween zone.
Peign
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2017, 08:43:34 am »

I love the content and potential rewards.
However, I have to admit that if DL was turned on, I would hunt elsewhere since I am only "in T10" and not T10 geared and killing is too slow.
But, despite that, I think the zone is cool and it gives me incentive to beef up to do that...maybe next year.

One big thing to me: I would prefer instancing capability.  Last night i was getting trained by people, just like in old school EQ.
only thing missing was the zoneline...

I wish peeps would train me, it would be like autopull, save wear and tear on my wrists and tendons!
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2017, 08:47:03 am »

can anyone link the download for the files we gotta download? I can't get into game again haha
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2017, 12:23:57 pm »

Arrelas Bonescourger, gnome npc mob eastern part of zone by the farm area cons scowls, doesn't see invis and lists quest mob above her head...can't get her to respond without trying to kill me.
Tomb, objects in the graveyard area agro and are killable, annoying with targeting issues but not a real hindrance otherwise.
NW part of zone, spire looking thing has 3 deathcrows in it, can AE them out with angerbomb, but they spawn inside the object itself so you don't see them initially.
Drunken Sailor's Wife mobs on the boats are a pain to pull due to line of sight issues, can board at least one of the boats and clear it but can't get to other mobs that map shows likely below deck.
SSE underground undead tunnels are a bit of a pain, cramped quarters and when mobs can't path to you they pop onto you  and behind you instead of in front so you take a good chunk of dmg.
Succor point takes you to the southern tunnel of the zone but you can't get back through, succor point should be moved to inside the initial cave.
Foxy eats your coins, no matter how many you have, when you follow her gamble text.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:54:49 pm by Dimur » Logged
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2017, 02:00:25 pm »

noted. thank you for the zone feedback.

blumblum

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2017, 03:27:24 pm »

Rent,
The zone is really hard for non  tier 10-completed people.
At least, that's my mileage.
Some data : I'm in the middle of OC, 2 UW (10&Cool, 3 char flagged for tier 10.
In the halloween event, I can pull 2 mobs max.
Some mobs death AOE will wipe my raid, but my war.
Never had such a challenge so far in the game (since  i haven't been on tier 10)

Do you plan to temper difficulty based on group/Raid level, or is that too much work to do for this year  ?

doonald
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2017, 03:47:04 pm »

Foxy also eats anything handed to her, ate my only aug that I had drop in the 4 hours I have been in zone.

The drop rate is almost non existant for my T10 gnolls geared UW11 earring50 max SOA everyone else in core strike augs group. I have had 5 coins and an aug which were all eaten.

The more geared are getting named but even there the reward v time is horrible at this time and useless (the upgraded foxy aug is damn weak for a lore item) unless it progresses which we really haven't seen yet. The zone pull item I saw in ooc is neat but impractical with just 1 charge and no way to recharge it.

tl;dr The drop rate is abyssmal and I have no progress made on the quests. I have not had one named pop for me, though I know others that kill faster have.  I have also seen a gnome with a quest that does not respond to hails and attacks me, forget name he was in a grave yard. I'm also seeing some mobs with weird characters for names (the wisp lookin critters.)

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2017, 03:59:41 pm »

It's obvious that what is currently in place is geared towards people that are in t10. So lets not complain about the difficulty or lack of content for lower tier players until the event is actually released please. Akka has already stated that the full event is not out yet.
That being said, I doubt they are going to make the entire event exclusive to t10 players (Technically it isn't right now anyway because anyone can zone in and join a raid. Even if they can't help they can still get stuff that the other groups don't want. Yes that is no fun but I said technically) So they are probably going to do something for everyone else as well.

If I had to take a guess I would say that they dropped it as is to test the difficulty for t10 players while also testing event mechanics. They probably don't need to test difficulty for lower tiers because at this point they should have a pretty good idea of where the challenge for those tiers needs to be.

So in the end if we could please keep from complaining or asking about other parts of the event until AFTER it's been fully released I'm sure Rent and Akka would much appreciate it as they put a lot of work into this. We get to have an idea of what the Halloween is going to be like before it's been fully and properly implemented, lets not push our luck and piss off the people that are trying to make it fun for everyone. (Information, problems, and bugs of course should be mentioned for fixing mechanics and tuning)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2017, 04:06:40 pm »

I also understand more about the event after seeing some oocs from Rent and whatnot. Seems our thinking of this as a typical halloween very limited event is what is clouding our judgement of it.

This is a more long time event with elements that will unlock as we progress. Attacking it with this mindset makes everything seem much more logical than it otherwise did, although it is still very slow going for me.

I will put in more time today and see how it goes, this is a server wide event that will have some undoubtedly cool rewards.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2017, 05:39:40 pm »

It just occurred to me that rampage seems to be focusing a single target with multiple hits. So the warrior is tanking as usual and then the rampage just focuses one of my bards and only hits them, which drops them low enough for low hp agro and they get whacked.
Is the rampage supposed to only be hitting one toon?
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2017, 05:45:34 pm »

Wasn't it changed at some point years ago to indicate if it was single or AE? Like single just says Rampage and AE says Wild Rampage?
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2017, 06:04:25 pm »

I thought Wild Rampage was just random targets while Rampage was highest agro after tank.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78