Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:40:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 10/17/2017 Server Code Update  (Read 6333 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2017, 02:07:13 pm »

Hey everyone! Fall is here and Halloween is near!

Double Loot event from Thursday Night (Midnight) to Monday Noon (12PM CDT)

Code Update

Crash Fixes

• In September we had about 6-8 unique crashes and those were all patched up. We've been running 2 days straight with zero crashes, this puts us back to where we've been running for the later part of the past years. We've had some massive code overhauls in EQEmu over the past year which is bound to have a few things crop up here and there.
  • This is largely in preparation for the upcoming Halloween event to be announced, stay tuned for more details soon. We want to ensure a smooth and stable Halloween this year and that it should be!
  • Between large server hardware upgrades and large code performance updates over the past year, we should be in great shape

Stress Test and Double Loot

• This weekend I want to do a stress test before Halloween, which means I will be doing a Double Loot event from Thursday Night (Midnight) to Monday Noon (12PM CDT)

EZ Server GM
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 03:52:50 pm »

Cannot wait !!! woooooooooooooooooooooot!  Hope I am in shape, I did not get to T10 as much as I had hoped. I backflagged 10 toons to get everyone into T10, now I am working on my second set of gnolls. Gonna be hitting it hard.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:25:22 pm »

As always, THANK YOU Akka, Rent and everyone who helped make this happen!

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 01:26:39 pm »

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:36:15 pm »

hey so, today I decided to switch out all the 8-slot backpacks in my bank with the 10-slot box. while doing so I got a couple messages of something like "desync error" ? and all the stuff in the boxes were gone. not sure if this was related to the new code changes?  I have seen this once or twice before but usually nothing is lost, or if something is lost then you just camp out and back again and it's restored. well I tried that, twice, all the stuff is still gone. nothing major, mostly just some halloween pets, and some old anger augs I don't really need but..

Peign
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 07:05:27 pm »

All gone

The things you own end up owning you
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 07:28:52 pm »

All gone

The things you own end up owning you

Maslow is getting all woke up in here

EZ Server GM
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 12:22:51 pm »

I just remembered, it might be related to using the ctrl-click to dump the entire contents of one bag into another. ? might want to take a look. I didn't lose anything important but would really suck to lose a whole bag full of essences, or GSoA's etc..

Maslow is getting all woke up in here
yea he's the king of talking a lot without saying anything Tongue

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988