Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:26:18 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Halloween 2017  (Read 27566 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 08:44:03 pm »

Not sure if it's just a case of the Mondays, but  I know I'm starting to get annoyed with the rarity of the named...let alone seeing a total of one run to the 3rd boss after hacking away at it for nearly a week.  It appears most people are finding a higher ROI in anywhere but this zone, having fun with the mass pull sticks and mass farming lower tiered zones and very few have been in the Halloween zone all day.  There were probably a good number of named spawning the first few days just from the sheer number of people in the zone, but it's pretty ghostly today.  Either way, since it's a limited time zone I'll be spending my time beating my fingers against the keyboard til they bleed.

Boss spawn rates have not been touched at all

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 08:44:40 pm »

after crush i lost around 1200 t3 tokens ...

Separate issue entirely - need to not use the shared bank, we'll take the issue to E-Mail

EZ Server GM
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 09:01:46 pm »

Was not trying to infer a change to spawn rates, more trying to convey the presence of people clearing in the zone has considerably lessened.  Even with spawn rate being untouched, less mobs cleared would likely mean less bosses spawned.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 10:51:41 pm »

Akkadius: Halloween special global drops are no longer influenced by DL/TL mods whilst everything else continues to

A handful of people ended up taking advantage of an exploit window where Triple Loot/Double Loot/Zone Pull items were dropping inside of triple loot instances during a very easy to obtain drop window.

Originally, I didn't think this was a huge deal, however I went to check drop reports after I came home and found an insane number of drops that some of these folks accumulated and decided not to report this, I had to find out on my own

These people had a considerable amount more than folks farming the harder zone that was released as a main part of this event

I've removed 80% of these looted items from characters who exploited this window in which this was going on, that will be the extent of my action. Be thankful I didn't do any bans, and I'm even letting you keep a good percentage of them. This is ONLY the items looted within the window that this was possible. This is more than fair

By doing this, it still puts some of these folks just a little in head of some of the top players on this server who have been farming HOS/POR hard, which is a slap in the face to how hard they've been grinding.

For those affected, again be thankful you aren't banned or suspended and this was done in consideration of fairness for everyone else who has been working hard for the event.

Drop rates for special loot items in all existing tiers are scaled towards the difficulty of the tier. So while plenty will still drop, it's not going to drop by the fistful in the easiest of zones while it was before.

There is still plenty of the event that has many people reaping rewards, and there is plenty to benefit from

People have been having a lot of fun with this event and lets keep it that way

Thanks everyone

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 02:58:57 am »

• Akkadius: HOS/POR: Boss chain rates have been adjusted to be more favorable
  • Akkadius: HOS/POR: Quest items and drop rates have been adjusted/increased

EZ Server GM
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 07:05:07 am »

Boss spawns are much better! Thanks!

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 08:22:58 am »

I wont spoil it, but the recent changes to the HW zone make the event much more doable for the players who could only pull 1-3 mobs at a time. I'm not talking about the increased boss/chain spawning, although that helps.

Im hoping this will spark some interest in the Zone for some players as it really is a great event Smiley

Peign
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 08:44:35 am »

Did the dynamic change?    Or just percentage increase?   Just logging in now  Smiley
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 09:44:33 am »

I will give it another try tonight.  Yesterday I was still at my 3 mob limit and if I did get 3 mobs, if I didn't have all my clicky's/combat abilities up, it was a sure wipe.
Peign
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 10:25:50 am »

Great event overall.   Thanks for the effort guys.      I just unlocked and was fun.    Thought it was going to be a global unlock vice a single team reward.

So, hours upon hours of grinding and I'm not sure I understand the dynamic.     I get the basics, but thought there was more to it.   You recent changes, with the messages posting threw my theory off.     

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 10:27:12 am »

Did the dynamic change?    Or just percentage increase?   Just logging in now  Smiley

I dont think the spawn dynamics changed. But there seems to be a subtle change that helps narrow down how to spawn the bosses. If my theory is correct you dont need to be able to mass pull a camp, being able to pull a few mobs at a time can be efficient as well once you get a hold of the spawn mechanics. I wont have time to seriously prove out the theory until tonight but im pretty sure im right.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:55:33 pm by Loyal » Logged

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 11:02:15 am »

I have a guess as to what it is based on the little amount of killing I was doing last night before I called it a night. I'll be mashing my toons into the Halloween grinder after class. Been a lot more exciting since that first boss I managed to spawn a couple days ago.
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 06:47:29 pm »

Woohooo! Cant wait to get home and grind-out the last 2 days of HW event!

Thanks Akka and Rent!

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
mousebane

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 07:13:08 pm »

HW POSITIVE FEEDBACK:

Akka asked to know what we are enjoying about the HW event.  I am flagged for T10, but am still working on backfilling my toons (UWs, etc) to be able to hunt there, and I understand the HW zone is not targeting someone at my stage of play, however I want to share what I enjoy about the HW event anyway:

I love the HW content: the zone, the mobs, the interesting differences within the HW zone.  It is fun to explore and goof around in.

I also LOVE the random essence drops off yard trash.  I much prefer that over the MPG runs or farming zone rinse-and-repeats.

I am MOST impressed with the zonepull items, that is simply amazing and makes essence farming a lot of fun.  I think that was a great insight into what makes it fun for players still trying to work on their UWs.  I really can't say enough about how the zonepull items themselves have caused me to daydream at work just thinking about the fun things to do when I get home and can log in to EZ.  Thank you a ton for that!

Finally, I joked about the candy, but I really do enjoy the coins and candy drops.  It is so much nicer than seeing so many mobs rot with nothing on them and it does make grinding a little more fun (for me).

Thanks again for the fun content, I look forward to future attempts at the zone.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 10:55:44 pm »

I plan on playing all weekend when I get back home. In my limited playtime on a junk pc I love the coin augs (although I’ve had bad luck haha), the chain bosses, the essence drops, the rare gear and the rare DL/TL/ZP items. The zone itself is great and it’s a real challenge, and there is plenty for non-T10 folks to enjoy as well.

My one change would be to have different music from the last Halloween event, but overall A+ best event in EZ history.

Edit: also keep it going longer  Wink
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:58:31 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988