Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 04:20:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Updated Rule about MacroQuest MQ2  (Read 25582 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2010, 01:23:59 am »

EZ Server will allow MQ2 to be used for the Map and Stick features.

Anyone caught targeting mobs thru walls, ghosting, warping, or any other plugins to gain an unfair advantage WILL BE BANNED! We may even ban your IP and all of your boxes if needed.

We have new custom source code to detect this stuff. You have been warned.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 09:42:58 am »

Greatly appreciated. I only 2 box usually, but even then autofollow has gotten me killed several times in the last few days. Started using Stick last night, problem solved.

Request point of clarification. I was helping a newbie with Tarrantula in Sro last night. Zoned one of my toons in, used group target my toon at the camp. Did /stick to run directly to them from accross the zone.

Is this OK to do? Didn't seem like an unfair advantage, just a lazy way to cross a zone.
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:01:56 am »

its up to hunter for the final say..but doesn't sound much different to me than hitting autorun. Just stops you when you get to the toon you /stick'ed.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:20:24 pm »

You need to manually run up to the mob and manually hit attack button. After having manually engaged melee/casting on the npc in melee/casting range you may use the /stick command as an auto follow and positioning in front/behind mob for tactic purposes.

Any program that run you automatically to the mob and/or automatically attacks for you is against the rules. You must be playing manually.

People trying to push their limits may end up becoming an example to the server when getting all their accounts banned.

If I observe bot like behavior (I ran bots on Live EQ and WoW so I know what it looks like) then you'll be banned.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 09:45:15 pm »

Looting must be manual too, not automatic.

Its ok to have a hotkey with commands, but you must hit that hotkey each time you want to loot.

You must be manually playing, not automatically scripting every action without having to push buttons.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 11:20:23 pm »

whats about when u has to loot self but it will filter for u

rightmouse to loot self and if any of u needs inside will take it automaticly ? ?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 11:23:07 pm »

As long as you have to press a key each time you loot a corpse. No auto scripts to detect a corpse on the ground and auto loot it for you. You need to press keys. Don't know how much more clear I can make it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 11:50:54 pm »

okay that are all manual ;p only searched tokens and taked directly is automatic ;p that cant avoid to loot it ;p

Kaid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 09:20:51 am »

I have a question about this, just so I'm certain about the entire scope of the rule.

Is it okay to have a hotkey on my main box to make everyone attack and stick to the mob, provided they're already "/stick 25" on me, or do I need to physically attack with each character, get them close enough to hit, then use "/stick behind #"?

I may think of more later, but my brain is still asleep right now.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 09:30:47 am »

1. Did you press a key to make your characters do the action? Yes / No
2. Are you manually walking to mobs? (i.e. Not warping) Yes / No
3. Are you in melee range attacking the mobs?  (i.e. Not Ghost killing) Yes / No
4. Are you using only the basic EQEMU MQ2 with MQ2melee turned off? (i.e. Not gold version with the custom hacks) Yes / No

If your answers are yes to all these questions... then you are fine. Move along now.. common sense is not hard.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 09:44:42 am »

What if its a hurricane named Ditka?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 10:38:58 am »

Someone stated that Hunter said in OOC that /stick across zone now isnt allowed? Could we get a post on that? Because that completely contradicts what was said previously.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:52:51 pm by Hunter » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 11:40:35 am »

You need to manually run up to the mob and manually hit attack button. After having manually engaged melee/casting on the npc in melee/casting range you may use the /stick command as an auto follow and positioning in front/behind mob for tactic purposes.

Any program that run you automatically to the mob and/or automatically attacks for you is against the rules. You must be playing manually.

People trying to push their limits may end up becoming an example to the server when getting all their accounts banned.

If I observe bot like behavior (I ran bots on Live EQ and WoW so I know what it looks like) then you'll be banned.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 06:53:02 pm »

Someone stated that Hunter said in OOC that /stick across zone now isnt allowed? Could we get a post on that? Because that completely contradicts what was said previously.

Thanks.

I always said players can use stick, but never said anywhere in game or in forums that you can use it across the zone to run you up to the mob. You still need to manually run up to and find/attack the mob first.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Ryndon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 01:14:32 am »

I always said players can use stick, but never said anywhere in game or in forums that you can use it across the zone to run you up to the mob. You still need to manually run up to and find/attack the mob first.

Thanks for clearing this up. Apparently such a rule should be intuitive to everyone, but it wasn't for me. I hope I'm not missing something else intuitive. Is it okay to get within a few yards and stick to a willowisp while it is moving across the zone underground? This isn't sticking from across the zone, so it should be okay, right? Something's got to give - they're so darn glitchy.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)