Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:36:49 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Updated Rule about MacroQuest MQ2  (Read 25391 times)
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 05:57:26 am »

I always said players can use stick, but never said anywhere in game or in forums that you can use it across the zone to run you up to the mob. You still need to manually run up to and find/attack the mob first.

Thanks for clearing this up. Apparently such a rule should be intuitive to everyone, but it wasn't for me. I hope I'm not missing something else intuitive. Is it okay to get within a few yards and stick to a willowisp while it is moving across the zone underground? This isn't sticking from across the zone, so it should be okay, right? Something's got to give - they're so darn glitchy.

If hunter had the map files for those zones the wisps are not glitchy at all.  /wink /wink   (Should download them)  Tongue Tongue

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 09:39:23 am »

Thanks for clearing this up. Apparently such a rule should be intuitive to everyone, but it wasn't for me. I hope I'm not missing something else intuitive.

Dont feel bad, I've been here for years and it wasnt for me, either. Probably because I've been told since I landed on EZ that this was an allowed use of /map and /stick. Guess now we know better.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 09:57:39 am »

I always said players can use stick, but never said anywhere in game or in forums that you can use it across the zone to run you up to the mob. You still need to manually run up to and find/attack the mob first.

Thanks for clearing this up. Apparently such a rule should be intuitive to everyone, but it wasn't for me. I hope I'm not missing something else intuitive. Is it okay to get within a few yards and stick to a willowisp while it is moving across the zone underground? This isn't sticking from across the zone, so it should be okay, right? Something's got to give - they're so darn glitchy.

If hunter had the map files for those zones the wisps are not glitchy at all.  /wink /wink   (Should download them)  Tongue Tongue

Probably just me but I found the best way to kill wisps is to use a crappy bow! (More on the crappy bow in a second).   Even on stick, sometimes you will find yourself just following and following that damn wisp and never hitting it. 

I use a crappy bow to just pull the wisp quickly to me.  Why the crappy bow?  Because it won't kill the wisp, it will just agro it to you.   I have used my Ranger and what I found is that a lot of times, you will just 1 shot the wisp.  If the wisp happened to path through a rock or hill upon the time of shooting it, you will have a hell of time trying to looting it.    With the crappy bow, you never have that problem.  It just agros the wisp to you and you kill it.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 02:51:07 pm »

sceptre of time I => win @ SLS farming

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 02:56:50 pm »

sceptre of time I => win @ SLS farming

This is what I do as well .. but there are times where the damn wisps refuse to get out of the ground lol

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 287