Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:26:37 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should Plane of Fire be Instanced?
Yes.
No.
Yes. But put a Flag requirement.
No. I perfer a Bastion of Thunder instance.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Plane of Fire  (Read 15581 times)
Murrjok
« on: June 30, 2010, 05:10:01 pm »

Personaly this can go ethier way. I think the majority of the people would like to see an instanced zone to lvl 47 - 70 in. But possibly special rules should apply. Maybe make it flagged in some way ( For instanced , the non instance would remain normal)?

Vote and Post your Thoughts.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 05:39:17 pm »

I dont think there should be any special requirements for this instance, just the same as any other. 10k guild instance and thats all

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »

The Best solution would be dropping BoTs lvl req. to 47. If that happened it wouldn't matter what happened to PoFire
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:12:08 am by Mayo Deftinwolf » Logged

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:48:14 pm »

Guild instance why?  This isn't a raid zone.  Group instance is fine.

Consumer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 11:57:32 pm »

While instancing can solve some specific problems, it also creates a giant problem of turning a MMO into a Diablo like multiplayer game.  

Instancing may make things more convenient now, but in the long run it just takes away from over all experience that comes from having to compete and work with other people in mutual zones.  

What is the point of playing a MMO if you never have to interact with other people?  As awesome as this servers content is, I would not play here if the community did not exist.

I voted no.   Wink
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:59:48 pm by Consumer » Logged
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 12:17:42 am »

In a few other zones I might agree with you, but PoFire?  Nothing here but massive XP farming..

After the 3rd time in 30 minutes of getting MASSIVELY TRAINED here.. I give up.

Yea I know it says trains are okay.. it also says "use common sense and don't grief each other"..  just because YOU can handle 12 mobs at once doesn't mean that someone else can..  someone who you run past just as they happen to be casting a HEAL spell (HEAL = MASSIVE AGGRO)...  Nobody did it intentionally but still.. F*CKINA people.. do you really need to make trains that big?   Why not just kill 1 or 2 at a time?  

Anyway, it really should just be instanced.. either that or tell me another zone to PL a 47+ in (grouped with 70)?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:20:31 am by walk2k » Logged

Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 01:26:38 am »

voted no. BoT instance is fine. Level 47 change would make it perfect.
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:26:40 pm »

Why do you want BoT but not Fire?  BoT is a levelling/progression zone, usually pretty crowded, but not insane, and people don't grief each other (as much) in there since trains aren't allowed (in theory..)

New players actually group in BoT (gasp)!

The 2 zones are basically the same, only PoFire has no loot.  I don't want the loot, I just want to PL/RoA.  That's the point of Fire, XP without having to worry about corpses piling up.

I guess I could switch to BoT instanced...  guess I'll have to bind "/hidecorpse all" to my "move forward" button.  Tongue

tacl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 04:41:16 pm »

i would toss in the instance thing where ever people wanted as long as it doesn't cause server issues.

pofire is for pure exp grind, most of the time it is one person PL'ing another for 15-20 minutes then they move on. not to many people grind other ways here but if they want to why should they get bothered by more geared people and their huge trains. i always go over the wall to make trains so i dont bother others and there is more mobs anyway.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 04:46:28 pm »

All you really need to solve this is another zone with lots of mobs of the same lvls as PoFire, lots of space and no loot drops and you will be fine.

A big zone like Commonlands or something could be useful for this.  Large enough to accomadate a lot of people and have a lot of mobs in it at the same time.

Rob Smiley
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 05:13:59 pm »

It takes me about 1 hour to PL from 50ish to 70 with my mage.  He's not uber-geared, and just using the level 70 earth pet...  So it would be worth paying the 2k or whatever for a group instance to use for an hour.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 06:07:38 pm »

I would personally like another zone to be used for RoA. PoFire is fine, dont get me wrong.... but i just hate the zone. Commonlands would be great imo. Granted this isnt going to make a difference on EZ, because its set in its ways lol. Just me derailing the thread.

Karanas would be great as well (the one without Quill or Grenix) its HUGE and if you fill that baby up with mobs that are blue at 70 with quick respawn, there ya go. Something better to look at while making your eyeballs bleed RoAing.

Balthor2
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 06:19:30 pm »

Why do you want BoT but not Fire?  BoT is a levelling/progression zone, usually pretty crowded, but not insane, and people don't grief each other (as much) in there since trains aren't allowed (in theory..)

New players actually group in BoT (gasp)!

The 2 zones are basically the same, only PoFire has no loot.  I don't want the loot, I just want to PL/RoA.  That's the point of Fire, XP without having to worry about corpses piling up.

I guess I could switch to BoT instanced...  guess I'll have to bind "/hidecorpse all" to my "move forward" button.  Tongue

Because its already a fucking instance you god damn retard thus why would i want to waste even one second of the admins time instancing fire at this point when i am tryin to get him to change the level requirement down to 47.

If that doesnt get through to you then I give up on this post.
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 11:46:01 am »

So you think it's SO much easier to lower the level req for Bot than to place a waypoint in Fire?  Roll Eyes I'm guessing once you are in the database/etc making changes both are about the same level of difficulty...  Take a fucking chill pill, nobody insulted your mother it was a simple question.  Anyway looks like you are outnumbered.    Tongue

Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 11:58:01 am »

I would imagine with how frequently Fire crashes that it's bound to cause some server strain.

Now imagine the server and "QQ I lost my instance moneys" strain that would be caused by having 30 instances of Fire going and probably crashing at once.

BoT, for me, is primarily an equipment-farming spot. I PLed a paladin to 60 in PoFire then ran and got a BoT instance to farm equipment for him from named and trash. It enabled me to pull to the centre area without worrying about training mobs.

Since I don't use MQ and my PC is crappy and chugs when running two, follow is out of the question.

I think once/if they discover the cause of Fire crashing, we may see instancing there.

But I honestly tend to agree that the solution to many problems people have with the current server status can be resolved by spreading available camps/zones.

FG/CG items? Make them drop from mobs in other zones, or make each step a "Knuckle Dusters OR Tranquil Staff" option instead.

PoFire crowded by people that pull too much and/or train each other? Make another zone or two with the same XP rate and lootless corpses.

We have countless zones that are not being utilized. I'd much rather see a greater range of public/non-instanced options than just make everything on the server instanced.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy