Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:17:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Would you support the ability to CotH in Qvic, and allow either DS to summon people (bypassing the instance bug in PoTimeA instance) or unrooting DS allowing him to be pulled down.
Yes, Change Dragon Slave - 3 (8.1%)
Yes, Change Qvic - 14 (37.8%)
Yes, Change Both - 16 (43.2%)
No, Change Neither - 4 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: CotH in Qvic and DS in PoTime  (Read 12569 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2010, 07:39:30 pm »

So i was speaking with Balthor and Xiggie about this issue. Because CotH wipes aggro, there is no reason why it shouldn't be able to be used in Qvic now. It was previously removed because it allowed Rogues to sneak/hide to boss mobs, aggro the mob, then CotH back to entrance (or other safe spot) single pulling said boss. Now that it is no longer an issue, i would like to motion toward allowing CotH to be cast in Qvic.

With the Dragon Slave (DS) in PoTime, because the instance is broke atm when trying to use teleporters to go engage I suggest either

A.) Unrooting DS to allow him to be pulled from his tower down to ground level (either by sending in a pet or recruitable merc, or some sort of clicky like warr epics)

-Or-

B.) Allowing DS to summon players who aggro it (i.e methods mentioned above. send in merc or cast clicky/ spell)

trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 07:44:47 pm »

I say full reimplementation of COTH for Qvic. Citing the aggro is wiped and no exploiting pulls can be had.

Im not sure of the DS issue, im on the fence about that one currently.

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:06:48 pm »

Major ++ on this, very very good idea

Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 08:13:56 pm »

100% agree that COTH be usable in QVIC once more!  DS sounds like a good idea as well. ><

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 08:59:11 pm »

i would like to motion toward allowing CotH to be cast in Qvic.

seconded.  motion carries?
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 11:09:11 pm »

YOU WOULD!
tulsplat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 11:11:44 pm »

I'd rather he  fixed the teleport in Potime instead of changing the DS mechanic...but definitely thumbs up to coth in qvic
Mirielle
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:12:43 am »

Why not see if we can change what happens when we say "Ready" to the NPC?
Instead of teleporting the person to DS, it spawns DS where we are.

CoTH in Qvic?   Sounds ok to me.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 12:52:01 am »

I see what you did there

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 07:47:25 am »

B.) Allowing DS to summon players who aggro it (i.e methods mentioned above. send in merc or cast clicky/ spell)

This would be difficult on many levels. If you're helping a noob or PLing a toon you would have to sacrifice them to get them up there, then pull again to get yourself up there, kill the mob, then rez the noob toon to loot page. Plus, if you happen to need a healer to complete the fight, or want your bard to sing to you while fighting, you might be out of range.

This option by itself limits the use to overpowered toons and those adept in game mechanics. Remember the noob Wink

If I had a choice, for the good of the server, I would go with the Unroot option, preferably in Instances Only. Someone will train it on people just starting out in PoTime who may not be able to handle it, causing grief.

My 2¢
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 12:10:04 pm »

I like how people say no to both but don't give a reason why

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 12:17:14 pm »

Pretty sure teleporters in instances is a 1-line fix, Hunter just has to do it.  No need for any of that other nonsense.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 07:41:15 pm »

This would be difficult on many levels. If you're helping a noob or PLing a toon you would have to sacrifice them to get them up there, then pull again to get yourself up there, kill the mob, then rez the noob toon to loot page. Plus, if you happen to need a healer to complete the fight, or want your bard to sing to you while fighting, you might be out of range.

This option by itself limits the use to overpowered toons and those adept in game mechanics. Remember the noob Wink

If I had a choice, for the good of the server, I would go with the Unroot option, preferably in Instances Only. Someone will train it on people just starting out in PoTime who may not be able to handle it, causing grief.

My 2¢

Bring a sac a merc as mentioned and bring a mage. Nothing end game or over powering about it. Just takes a little imagination.

Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 12:20:05 pm »

Pretty sure teleporters in instances is a 1-line fix, Hunter just has to do it.  No need for any of that other nonsense.

I haven't looked into the current state of EqEmu code, but the way teleporting worked back in the day, stepping on/hailing a teleport sends a code to "Send player to Zone_01 at location xx,yy,zz."

The issue is that it won't maintain itself in the instance. It's not a one-line fix. They'll either have to add a subroutine to the teleport method to check for an instance, hijack the teleport attempt and instead send them to the location within the instance... or, depending on how the instancing is handled in the first place, it may require a rework of instance references.

It depends if there's a method in place to return a zone/instance reference that can be USED by teleporters.

It MAY be a simple fix, or it could be a bloody headache.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 01:12:30 pm »

Its the difference between using movepc and gmmove functions in the perl script. One works, the other doesn't.  Was stated earlier in another thread too.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)